Stormcorp Arms

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Apocalypse

Stormcorp Arms

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 am

This network looks ridiculous. It has 4 lvl 10 code cates and 3 lvl 12 sentries, one on the left, the other two on the right and im sppsed to capture all nodes?!? help! what programs shld i use. i have reasonably leveled programs for a core lvl7, lvl 35 player

Luminaar

Re: Stormcorp Arms

Postby Luminaar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:21 am

Apocalypse wrote:This network looks ridiculous. It has 4 lvl 10 code cates and 3 lvl 12 sentries, one on the left, the other two on the right and im sppsed to capture all nodes?!? help! what programs shld i use. i have reasonably leveled programs for a core lvl7, lvl 35 player
Screenshot of target network here for anyone wanting to weigh in on this :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 am

I haven't actually reached this mission yet, but I think the easiest way to do it is as follows:

I'm going to assume poorly leveled programs. Unless you're very quick, you'll need at least level 2 Access, level 6 Beams, and probably 90 program slots. Less if you have stronger Beams and Ice Walls + Protector.

Wraith a Code Gate and the Scanner, then Portal the Black Ice that's closest to the Core. Then place one more Access and Wraith one of the Code Gates nearest the other side of the network. 5 Access, 3 Wraiths, 1 Portal, theoretical total visibility without human reaction times = 3359.2

Shocker, then excessive beams on the Black Ice should prevent the Sentries from spreading antivirus to that half of the network. The Shocker is needed to buy extra time as you'll also have to smash through the walls that Guardian will place on the Sentries. At some point you need to place a Worm on this Black Ice, which will capture the rest of this half of the network, but most of your attention should be on the other half of the network. You want to brute force your way through as much of it as possible before that antivirus can spread far. Thanks to the second Gate you Wraithed, you should be able to secure one Turret, one Black Ice, and the Guardian before AV can spread to them. Ice Wall and Protector where necessary. I'd bring at least two Protectors (for the Guardian and the Database) and four Ice Walls. Much more if they're only level 1. You might also want to bring a Blaster and place it on the Scanner to help capture the last two Code Gates.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Apocalypse

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am

Never mind, i completed it with beams, blasters and walls. But thanks for suggesting some strategies! :D :D

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Mon May 01, 2017 1:39 am

i did it literally 2 days ago at lv 44 because i was focusing on the pentagon XD

Return to “HACKING STRATEGIES”