Updates on the Horizon?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
CerberusArc

Updates on the Horizon?

Post by CerberusArc » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:34 pm

I recently am getting back into the game after an absence. A little disheartening to see that the last serious content update to the game was well over a year ago. I hope there is something planned within the next couple months, at least. A nice Christmas present, perhaps? :D

I know the forums are a huge bog of ideas, but one thing that might be nice is additional story content and NPC missions. Perhaps a repeatable system for daily NPC missions or system that makes them worth doing in some way (other than just awarding more money and B-coins. This would be a cool way to give more content without actually adding more features (like programs or nodes) that might change the meta of the game, therefore eliminating a lot of the uncertainty and testing that would come with changing the meta.

Hope to see the game continue to grow.

Luminaar

Re: Updates on the Horizon?

Post by Luminaar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am

CerberusArc wrote:I recently am getting back into the game after an absence...
Hey Cerberus - welcome back! :D

There is indeed a plethora ideas from both the forums and the devs! At the moment, our two-man team are primarily focused on getting a new game - MONOLISK - out of Beta and into the next stage. We originally opened up Beta testing specifically for Hackers players in order to speed this up, and as such we plan on releasing it real soon! If you'd like to take a look, you can find the beta invite and pre-release info in the links above. :)

If that doesn't interest you, don't worry, as we've not forgotten about Hackers. :) We've been discussing future plans for improvements we can make, such as extra nodes/programs, new ways of interacting with and sharing networks ... all sorts of good stuff for once our next game is out the starting gates! The team are working non-stop towards creating new and exciting experiences for all of our players! :D

Thanks for being with us, and for being a part of this epic journey!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

CerberusArc

Re: Updates on the Horizon?

Post by CerberusArc » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you for your reply. I would like to give praise to the team for the good work and especially for maintaining such an active forum presence and keeping that communication open with the players--so important. Very impressive for a mobile developer. Even though Hackers is my favorite, I wish the team the best of luck on the launch of the new game, and I'll check it out. If it is as innovative and unique as Hackers I'm sure it will do well.