Possible glitches with new AI

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Possible glitches with new AI

Postby Mchief » Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Ok found a few possible glitches and or things that don't make sense / could use some work.

1: on upgrade completion you need to revive the AI . Upgraded the squid to lvl 2 and jumped In to a hack with out realizing that it was not available, as your AI is required to be alive to upgrade I couldn't have just not revived it and missed it.....

2: I won the battle , hacked the network and my AI controlled nodes where never taken back , I got three triangles and there dead........ Why is it that when I win my AI seem to trip on the router on the way out and kill themselfs . I could understand if the node was cleaned but I won that hack surly they can get out.

3: revive button is just above the pay money button , more of an annoyance but for some one who plays from a phone it's awfully easy to hit the wrong button.

TheLurkingRage

Re: Possible glitches with new AI

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 am

For number 2, you need to revive them after every hack, successful or unsuccessful.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 83
Top Rank: #1
Top Rep: 4.9k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Mchief wrote:Ok found a few possible glitches and or things that don't make sense / could use some work.

1: on upgrade completion you need to revive the AI . Upgraded the squid to lvl 2 and jumped In to a hack with out realizing that it was not available, as your AI is required to be alive to upgrade I couldn't have just not revived it and missed it.....

2: I won the battle , hacked the network and my AI controlled nodes where never taken back , I got three triangles and there dead........ Why is it that when I win my AI seem to trip on the router on the way out and kill themselfs . I could understand if the node was cleaned but I won that hack surly they can get out.

3: revive button is just above the pay money button , more of an annoyance but for some one who plays from a phone it's awfully easy to hit the wrong button.
Thanks for the feedback.

#1: A ready AI is provided when initially building the node, but don't confuse this as meaning the AI is ready after every upgrade!

#2: While there have been some direct comparisons to CoC units, AI nodes do act differently. :) Defending nodes don't need recharging between attacks and function regardless of whether the previous attacker captured the nodes. Attacking AIs are drained/consumed on use, and need reviving regardless of whether the network destroyed the program.

#3: Fair point. :) UI space is limited, but we'll see what we can do.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Mchief wrote:Ok found a few possible glitches and or things that don't make sense / could use some work.

Thanks for the feedback.

#1: A ready AI is provided when initially building the node, but don't confuse this as meaning the AI is ready after every upgrade!

#2: While there have been some direct comparisons to CoC units, AI nodes do act differently. :) Defending nodes don't need recharging between attacks and function regardless of whether the previous attacker captured the nodes. Attacking AIs are drained/consumed on use, and need reviving regardless of whether the network destroyed the program.

#3: Fair point. :) UI space is limited, but we'll see what we can do.

#1: my point is more you are required to have a revived AI to upgrade the node , I don't see why I should have to revive it again after the upgrade.

#2: then maybe rename it to refresh maybe, right now it sounds like the AI is dieing every time you use it only to be recompiled using saved code (DejaVu would not be impressed), on a new note it would be cool if a "tired" AI 's avatar would perch on it's node platform like it was sleeping, with a yeah I'm watching the network but I ain't leaving till I get my AI snack kinda look.

#3: something else to add , maybe have AI's naturally refresh themselfs every 6 hours, add an auto refreash checkbox, add an option to pump an AI using resources , for the buttons them self's maybe make them side by side.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri May 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Mchief wrote:#1: my point is more you are required to have a revived AI to upgrade the node , I don't see why I should have to revive it again after the upgrade.

#2: then maybe rename it to refresh maybe, right now it sounds like the AI is dieing every time you use it only to be recompiled using saved code (DejaVu would not be impressed), on a new note it would be cool if a "tired" AI 's avatar would perch on it's node platform like it was sleeping, with a yeah I'm watching the network but I ain't leaving till I get my AI snack kinda look.

#3: something else to add , maybe have AI's naturally refresh themselfs every 6 hours, add an auto refreash checkbox, add an option to pump an AI using resources , for the buttons them self's maybe make them side by side.
#1: If you're reviving an AI, then upgrading it, and are subsequently asked to revive it again before it has been used in an attack, this indeed sounds like a bug. Note that while a AI node can't be upgraded while the AI is reviving, its not a requirement to have a revived AI before upgrading. I'll request that this be reviewed. :)

EDIT: This has been tested again, and there's nothing to indicate requiring a 2nd revival after upgrading the node if the AI was revived beforehand. - Thanks Lada!

#2: Compile time/price, revive, recover, refresh, (and probably other things) were all considered. Revive was settled on to accentuate that AIs are "sentient beings" instead of compiled lines of code, as well as to ease translations across the board, as refresh and recover have potentially wide interpretations.

While an AI is always able to defend, (a resting animation may possibly confuse a player into thinking that it is unable to defend,) I personally like the sound of both resting and powering up animations. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.