Inappropriate Language

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
FlammaXing

Inappropriate Language

Post by FlammaXing » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 am

Since i couldn't find the "Player's Abusive Behavior Corner" to file this report, and the language used is Malay, so I afraid that GM/Admin might not able to understand what does the sentence mean even after i reported that chat in game.
Capture.JPG
chat history
Capture.JPG (137.1 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
1st off, for [9] Ferell said "Cina Bodoh", literally means "Stupid Chinese", Malaysia is a multiracial country consist of Malay, Chinese, Indian and some other natives races, so, that 2 words is what those racist baboons like to use to provoke Chinese race, and yeah, majority of our countryman hate this sort of people that prevent the unity of different races, so usually this sort of comment on a social website will cost you to be viral instantly and ready for social rejects on the next hour, this is quite a serious matter in our country so I wish that admin could give a temporary ban or anything of similar level of punishment on this account immediately. It could be some naughty kids trying to pull some prank using the game as cover and hide behind their phone and provoke racism, but it was taught in the school about moral value on this topic, so even if they are kids but they should be responsible on what they had spoken even though this is just a game, a lesson must be taught on them. Or else when they grow up they made the same mistakes, this offence could result in a breach of law in Malaysia.

As for [2] Cursemagic, I believe he is a Chinese, should be kids as well because I'm too a Chinese but i would not get provoked so easily by this sort of "anonymous" insulting words. He responded to the provocative words from Ferell with "melayu babi" which literally meaning "Malay Pig", In Malaysia, under the Federal Constitution it stated that anyone whose religion is Islam he/she is a Malay, so you can deduce Malay = Islam, and Islam prohibits their follower from consuming pig or derivative products, thus the existence of Halal certification for that case. In this case, Cursemagic assuming that Ferell is Malay (statistical assumption) thus responded with that sentence. That 2 words too are provocative towards the Malay in our country as well and promotes racism. But given that he was being taunted by Ferell, maybe he could be punish by receive a warning about his misconduct or probably a penalty of temporary ban from chat.

Racist cannot be tolerated no matter what is the circumstance, even using game as a medium to spread provocative racism messages too should not be viewed lightly.

That's all. Thanks.

Luminaar

Re: Inappropriate Language

Post by Luminaar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Thank you for the screenshot, and the accompanying information detailing the situation.

As it's not possible to censor the individual words, the messages in question along with any messages that may have been tied to it, either in response or prior provocation, have either been removed or adjusted where necessary. Warnings have also been issued to players at the developers discretion. None of the players whos messaged were removed/adjusted had received any prior warnings for any offence.

Related to this, we did also see that one player (not the OP) had also managed to report this post 8 times. :o No additional warnings were handed out, but please refrain from abusing the "Report Abuse" method in future.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Post by TheLurkingRage » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 am

I wanna know how the reports are handled. Do you have context on every report? To me it seems like you're only reporting a specific message, and not the conversation. Say, what if I pressed report on a message that said "lol" but the message prior to that was "I enjoyed raping your sister last week" or some fucked up shit like that? I mean, without context you don't get the full picture and without it I guess the report could just be ignored.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

FlammaXing

Post by FlammaXing » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:46 am

Luminaar wrote:Thank you for the screenshot, and the accompanying information detailing the situation.

As it's not possible to censor the individual words, the messages in question along with any messages that may have been tied to it, either in response or prior provocation, have either been removed or adjusted where necessary. Warnings have also been issued to players at the developers discretion. None of the players whos messaged were removed/adjusted had received any prior warnings for any offence.

Related to this, we did also see that one player (not the OP) had also managed to report this post 8 times. :o No additional warnings were handed out, but please refrain from abusing the "Report Abuse" method in future.
thanks for your respond, and yes, i understand that it is impossible to censor individual words especially this game operates internationally and multilingual exist. That is why it is the players' role comes in to report these abusive player to stop spoiling the fun of this game. the spam report of abusive chat only works for cooldown of about 1 minute, because after i reported Ferell, 1 need to wait for about 1 min to report Cursemagic, 1 min is quite short if you ask me. maybe you can implement the logic on anti spam with:
"after reported Player A, the reporter will have cooldown on reporting the same player for minimum 3 hours, but during the cooldown, that reporter will still able to report other players other than Player A for similar problem and same rule will apply on the consecutive reported players. This way can solve the spam reporting. Or cooldown until GM/Admin has reviewed the chat and relieve the cooldown limitation. "

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:41 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:I wanna know how the reports are handled. Do you have context on every report? To me it seems like you're only reporting a specific message, and not the conversation.
Correct, it's just the message/player that's reported. Someone then has to spend time viewing the message, translating it into something readable, and checking the context of the message etc, before taking an appropriate action.
TheLurkingRage wrote:Say, what if I pressed report on a message that said "lol"
This happened quite a lot when chat was introduced ;) And folks wonder why updates aren't quicker, haha! There are a ton of "invisible" time consuming jobs the team takes on...
FlammaXing wrote:The spam report of abusive chat only works for cooldown of about 1 minute ... 1 min is quite short if you ask me.
[...]
"after reported Player A, the reporter will have cooldown on reporting the same player for minimum 3 hours, but during the cooldown, that reporter will still able to report other players other than Player A for similar problem
Regarding the 1 minute for different players, this does seem pretty short. There's possibly a reason for it - being able to report multiple players when the chat is moving really quickly for example, but I'm sure this can be reviewed.

Regarding reporting the same player, this is pretty similar to how it works already, except someone found a way around the "reporting the same player multiple times" cooldown. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

arthurnottheking

Post by arthurnottheking » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:19 am

Hi @ FlammaXing ,

I had that feeling too. I'm from Riga and Russian players just made me so angry with their abusive language! I was outraged (and surprised they know so many swear words in English, lol). I remember how I laughed when I heard “But this kong’s one hell of a guy!” in Donkey Kong 64, now I don't think Nintendo wanted to fill the game with cursing, lol.

tocnaza

Post by tocnaza » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:38 am

Hey FlammaXing!
Thank you for the screenshot.