Can't delete a low level database [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
B@ts

Can't delete a low level database [RESOLVED]

Postby B@ts » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 am

I have a low level database I use as a choke point. I wanted to remove it and try a bitcoin mixer, but the game will not allow me to remove it. I have the same issue with a low level sever.

I am at level 98 and have deleted nodes before without issue.

Thanks

Marhex

Re: Can't delete a low level database

Postby Marhex » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:32 am

B@ts wrote:I have a low level database I use as a choke point. I wanted to remove it and try a bitcoin mixer, but the game will not allow me to remove it. I have the same issue with a low level sever.

I am at level 98 and have deleted nodes before without issue.

Thanks

The game need two database starting from core level 8 and need one server farm and one bitcoin mine, that why you can't remove them.
If you mean that you can't remove the third database that because if it removed you network becomes invalid in some reason like node in more than 9 steps from the net connection. So try to move the database to the edge of your network and remove it.
Sorry for my bad English.
IGN :marhex
Lvl :37
Core Lvl :10

Luminaar

Re: Can't delete a low level database

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:06 pm

B@ts wrote:I have a low level database I use as a choke point. I wanted to remove it and try a bitcoin mixer, but the game will not allow me to remove it. I have the same issue with a low level sever.
From the FAQ:
I can't delete my nodes!
You won't be able to delete a node that would result in your network becoming invalid in some way, such as the remaining nodes being more than 9 reach away from a netConnection, or trying to remove an essential node such as the Core or your Compiler. You are also unable to delete nodes while in Rebuild mode. (Additional note: 1 Server Farm is also on the "essential node" list)
It's not that! Stupid Database ...
At Core Level 7, you are required to have 2 Database nodes in order to progress to Core 8. The game safeguards you against stifling progression by preventing you from removing a second database. See here for more details. (Additional note: This is most likely due to the deletion of the node leaving parts of your network at more than 9 reach from a netConnection, or you are indeed trying to remove your second Database and not a third.)

Information on the number of nodes required before you can delete them can be found on their respective Database and Server Farm Wiki Pages.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “BUG REPORTS”