Attacked multiple times - can only retrace once! [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
bllor

Attacked multiple times - can only retrace once! [RESOLVED]

Postby bllor » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm at war with this person and he attacked me 3 times in a row. 1 is definitely from a retrace and the other 2 he spent hours looking specifically for me only - makes me feel special :lol:

As soon as I retrace 1 of them, all of my retrace options are gone meaning I can only attack once.

After attacking, he retraces me and finds me again - attacks me twice within 45 mins.

Yet again, I can only retrace once.

I'm still winning rep and resources but would be better if I could retrace the same amount of times he attacks. I remember I use to be able to but that doesn't seem like the case anymore.

???

Thanks

MASTERMIND

Re: Attacked multiple times - can only retrace once!!!

Postby MASTERMIND » Tue May 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Do same....search for him in your map....i had also encountered this type of players but this person is very motivated to download your core :P
And this is not possible to retrace him twice from security log window...because server creates only one Retrace Log for each hack...either he attack you one time or second time....Retrace Log will be same in both cases....so when you retrace him back...
Server wipes the retrace entry...no matter he hacked you one time or twice...
Tip: dont retrace immediately just keep visiting his base and when he has decent amount of resources
Just
RELEASE THE KRAKEN !!!
Keep Calm & Download Core ;)
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
MasterMind :twisted:
Level: 32 8-)
Rep: 1000+ :shock:
Core9 :idea:
IP: USA :arrow:

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 pm

bllor wrote:As soon as I retrace 1 of them, all of my retrace options are gone meaning I can only attack once.
This is by design. There is currently a "shield" mechanic in play which prevents someone being searched multiple times (it doesn't prevent you from being attacked full stop), and retrace attacks are a way to get multiple attacks in a short period of time. We didn't want someone waiting until a target was full of resources and then being able to attack them multiple times/consecutively with a handful of retraces and a map search :D

Fighting fire with fire and going for the 1 search + 1 retrace as soon as they hit you is the best option. If he's finding you *twice* on the map within those 45 minutes, it means he's failing his attack somehow the first time. Getting just a single win condition on an attack will activate the search prevention mechanic for the defender.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

bllor

Postby bllor » Wed May 10, 2017 2:54 am

Bummer......

I try to retrace right away but he's always connected and for hours :evil:

He has higher level in everything than me but when I do get thru, I TAKE EVERYTHING :lol:

I guess that really bothers him.

Many thanks for your replies.

Return to “BUG REPORTS”