What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
HCX - DReaD

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by HCX - DReaD » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Silken wrote:Huh 3 mins???

No you use the disconnect button in the top left corner, all you have to do is wait for the 30 second timer to start. Since training programs take 10 mins plus no big deal.

Also pretty sure it's not a ratio of % taken. It's split into the 3 different objectives and a pass/fail on each. Core-Control-Resources.

It may be cheap at Level 10, it's not at Level 27. The way above is the way to farm.
Oooh wait for the battle to start I see I see. Well in that case maybe when I only need to waste 20~30 reps. Otherwise it's still more efficient to just dump 4 b-coins, and it is only 20 sec compilation each ;)

In your level it's probably spiked up so in your case you're right, it won't make sense to waste 10 min compilation time instead of just wait 30 sec. But fortunately in around lv10 we still use Beam Cannons which cheap and quick to make.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Silken wrote:
90skushkid wrote:I love everything about the game. only thing though that im having a hard time with is the fact that in order to drop my rep (so I can hack lower lvl players since im lvl 11 and all I see is lvl 15+) is to waste my money to compile programs just to lose my programs and rep. or getting/waiting to get hacked so my rep can be lowered. its anooying that if I don't do that I have to waste money to refresh my map to find lower lvl players, since a lvl 2 code gate takes foreverrrrrr to take down without a ram or blaster (which I dnt have because I cant get enough b coins or money) lol and before people ask "why don't you just use credits" well im trying to play the game for what it is without spending irl money. I just find it hard once you pass 350 rep, under lvl 12 with the limited programs you have.

end rant. lol
OMG don't waste programs to lower reputation. All you need to do is go into a hack wait until the timer starts and disconnect from the hack without sending programs in. Or just attack as normal and disconnect from the hack when you have about 95% of the resources. It counts as a fail unless you accidentally get 100% of the core. Since getting the core sometimes happens before you get too the resources.

I normally just tank my matches when waiting for programs to train. When I get to 700 plus I seem to get a lot of on-line people and repeats in searches, so I just tank back down to 500 and start going up again.

My win/loss ration must be awful :D

ok let me check to see if I can do that to drop rep vs just dumping my programs. lol im still learning the diff strategies for this game.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

TheIconianCat

Post by TheIconianCat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:03 am

I love your concept and execution of the game and how it's unique from other resource management games on that level it's amazing and doesn't have many flaws.on a smaller level for mechanics it feels tilted massively in favor of "loud" hacking or not using stealth programs on multiple levels. Yes I know stealth hacking can't be easy or else it'd be broken but right now it's severely disadvantaged. 1: you can't see how many resources are where during a stealth hack so even if your program comp is flawless youre likely to get next to nothing out of a hack if you can't tell where resources are. 2: you don't have long enough to make an effective stealth hack. I have a very fast based stealth comp with 3 wraiths 19 accesses and 17 leeches and I can only get one node downloaded at best and often still trigger the alarm the game almost punishes you for using a stealth comp with how small the rewards can be. Also change the criteria for a successful stealth hack please. Like I said I barely download a single node in a stealth hack and the core does not have the resources to make it worth while. 3: add more stealth programs possibly. Maybe a program to reduce visibility buildup but make it take a huge library chunk maybe?... I'm shotgunning ideas because I love the strategy Of this game and how versatile you need to be with each individual network.

EDIT: i did figure out part of the stealth system that i was missing which does make it easier to stealth hack networks. however i still believe there should be a way to tell where resources are allocated as thats still a risk to stealth hacking which is very punishing and not a whole lot to work around it. you can see in storages some of the resources but its a very rough estimate at best when you cant tell exact level as appearances change every 2 or 3 levels. maybe add a "resource vision" program for stealth hacking to tell where the most resources are....?
Last edited by TheIconianCat on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come find me IG and hack me i love a challenge for defending my network :D 8-)

TheIconianCat

Post by TheIconianCat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:24 am

Jaystar wrote:I think the building times and requirements are just the right balance.
However, like I said in previous posts, there is a massive flaw in retaining the attention of the players.
Really early players can easily build their army in a few minutes. But after core level 4, everything just slows down.

Some other games have plenty of events going on to replenish the excitement of the game when it was first released. Here are some of my proposals:
1. Events (someone else said it) do long term/ weekend events to encourage more activities.
- 50% off production time on all programs
- 50% off production cost on all programs
- 50% off searching for players
- 50% increase in gold/Bcoin production
- 50% loot increase
- 10% increase in all offensive programs
- 30% reduction in stealth detection. Encourage more stealth play.
- All Rep gain and losses are DOUBLED
- A set of activities that can only be completed once. E.g. Hack 10 people who have higher rep than you. Gain 50k gold. E.g. Ensure the core is not downloaded for 12 hours. Gain 2k Bcoin. E.g. Actively hack and gain 1 million gold. You gain 50% increase in program production speed.
- NPC Boss Networks: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum difficulty only for weekdays. Might introduce NPC only nodes which requires you to download to achieve mission completion. Each week provides a new Network.

2. Add certain achievements to reward credit/gold/Bcoin
- Steal certain amount of gold/Bcoin progression reward.
- Hack a certain number of people
- Stealth hack certain number of people
- Unlock certain element of the game for reward; e.g. core upgraded to lvl 6, 30 credit increase. e.g. lvl 10 mine upgraded, 10 credit increase.

3. Login Events
- Everyday rewards you a different amount of gold/bCoin.
- Every seven days reward you credits

4. Increase the number of daily quests and slots
- Increase from 3 to 5 slots
- Increase replenishment rate from 1 to 3 quests per day
- Bigger quests give bigger rewards. E.g. Hack 30 people successfully for 25 credits.

5. Host competition for Network Designs on Forums for different level ranges. 1-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-30, 30+
- Give rewards that are credit claimable for the winner/runnerups. Backgrounds or Protection.

If you implement some of these, I'm sure more players will be playing and investing their money into the game.

i could not agree more with this but one suggestion which i made before and didnt explain well is hacker groups within the game. make something similar to clan wars from CoC. a community of hackers within the game and make it possible to make a conjoined network for a clan/group/guild etc. so lets say theres 3 people in a clan, those three people can design a network out of what they have for their firewalls, resource storages, extractor etc. obviously there would be tweaks to what nodes are allowed cause you cant have 10 code gates stacked for a network. but make it possible for groups of players to protect their loot a bit within a clan community and add a way for players to connect with each other aside from the "gg" core readme edits. and make it possible for clan networks to hack each other. so each personis allowed to edit a small library within the clan network to help hack another clan network.
Come find me IG and hack me i love a challenge for defending my network :D 8-)

shadowed

Post by shadowed » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Well, the game seems to change by the day for me.

I gotten another build thread, and that made wait times feel a bit more manageable. I can choose to build 1, 2, or 3 things at once, plus develop software. So while I still have my original nag against such long times and the design flaw (imo) of 'hurry up and wait', it has eased a bit at current level (20).

On the other hand, I've also started stealth hacking...

Now first of all, this is what I've been waiting for and in my opinion more exciting and akin to 'real' hacking than brute force attacks. You want to be unseen, undetected, sneaking around like a master thief, take what you can, and get out before you're caught.

But, uh. No. As I've just found out by getting stealth hacked myself, you CAN SEE who did it. What is this utter nonsense? Literally, I am told, 'stealth hacks cannot be traced.' Okay, great. But what good is that if you're telling the victim the attackers name??? You can simply spin the search wheel repeatedly until you find them. Not very stealthy! Or, get on with your game, and someday come across them by chance. Then, you can 'revenge' on them for a stealth attack which you shouldn't have known about in the first place! Stealth is supposed to be stealth. The attacker, if successful, should remain unknown. That's why you try to beat the clock, after all.

There are numerous ways true stealth could be designed into the current layout:
1. Simply erase the attacker's name. Don't show it on the replay. Don't show it on the tracelog. This, imo, is how it should be. "Unknown attacker" (see similar, #3)

2. Show nothing. No replay, nothing. This doesn't help the defender to improve, though. I don't favor this idea.

3. Provide an alias. Replace instances of attacker's name with something generic like "StealthAttacker0178". And then every time that same person attacks with stealth, it uses the same alias. When someone else stealth attacks, they get a different alias. That way you DO know how many times a certain stealth attacker has hit you (grumble), but you DON'T know who it is.

4. More...?

Sigh. I was honestly shocked to see my log telling me who stealth attacked. I can't imagine that at least 20+ people see me showing up in their log when the game told me I was doing a stealth attack. This has basically ruined stealth for me. I await relentless retribution due to this false advertising of 'stealth.' Biggest dislike ever, much bigger than waiting for builds.

Meh.

Binary

Post by Binary » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 am

I don't often give monetary contributions to mobile games but when I do it's because the game is unique in every way. I love this game and may continue to contribute to it's future development. I think everyone has covered the bases here (continuous hacking, some sort of clan system, buffs/nerfs). Keep up the good work guys.

The only thing I can think of is it seems like base defense is rather week in the early levels. I'm hoping it changes(I'm lvl 20) as it gets higher but right now it's tough to get that 250k saved up to upgrade anything.

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:07 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post!
I don't need to say anything about how great this game is. It's crazy. I've never played any online game that involved competing with others directly. Except Dota2. And this game had me hooked right from the start.

Dislikes:
1. Lack of Achievements.

2. Even though there are daily challenges, there aren't any good progress rewards for attaining X money or X B coins or X rep.

3. Well, hackers don't usually have tons of friends on their networks, but having the ability to add friends and check their networks would be cool. It can also help in friends testing each other's networks, without any losses. Ofcourse, the number of friends should be limited.

4. When I get hacked, I have the option to retrace the hacker, but the option to replay is grayed out. What's the option for?

5. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE I AM FACED WITH. I'm level 15 at the time of writing this. Core being upgraded to 6. And my rep is around 600.
I've read about the Rep mechanics. So, if you hack someone with a higher rep, then you get a lot of rep. If you are hacked by someone higher, you don't lose much. There is this hacker X, who is level 18, but has a rep of only around 500 or lesser. He has better hacking tools and his network is definitely stronger than mine. I don't have the means to defend against him. He hacked me and I lost about 50k $. That's not my concern though. I lost about 27 rep to him in that one hack.
To recover what I had lost, I hacked him and other my stuff back. But I gained only 7 rep, even though I had all his 3 systems down. (core, resources and nodes). This is because he is still lower rep than me.
And by hacking him, I gave him the opportunity to retrace me and take me down by 27 again.
In this trade, I only lose, however I go about it.

Is there any way to protect myself from such high rep loss because of a hacker with lower rep and higher level. His high level prevents me from defending myself.

At the time of writing, I'm worried he will strike again.

HCX - DReaD

Post by HCX - DReaD » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 am

4. You should be able to replay any hack that you made or others that hacked you. If you can't, either there's an error, or they just want to lower their rep without attacking.

5. If you play by pride for having high rep, then try to make yourself not a target. Use up your resources, make it so there's no reason to be attacked.

If he still attacking you, either he knew you will get annoyed by it and he's enjoying it, or he also wants the rep.

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:19 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:4. You should be able to replay any hack that you made or others that hacked you. If you can't, either there's an error, or they just want to lower their rep without attacking.

5. If you play by pride for having high rep, then try to make yourself not a target. Use up your resources, make it so there's no reason to be attacked.

If he still attacking you, either he knew you will get annoyed by it and he's enjoying it, or he also wants the rep.
Okay, I understand point 5.

But check out the screenshot. From the beginning of the game, the only replays I was able to watch were the ones where I was the hacker. I have never seen a reply where I was hacked (successfully or otherwise).
Attachments
IMG-20161023-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20161023-WA0004.jpg (98.68 KiB) Viewed 2443 times

HCX - DReaD

Post by HCX - DReaD » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 am

That is weird... What version of the game you running? Other than version difference, I can't really tell what's causing that xD

If you're playing the latest one, then I can't help on that matter it seems...