What Should I Upgrade Next?

Various ways of using programs during hacks
USJapan

What Should I Upgrade Next?

Postby USJapan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi all!
I didn't see anyone have a post where people could ask for advice on what program they should upgrade next.
So I thought why not make one? Hopefully it'll be helpful

USJapan

Re: What Should I Upgrade Next?

Postby USJapan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:20 pm

I'd like to ask first, what should I upgrade?
Beam Cannon level 12 to 13 for 100,000 B
Access level 8 to 9 for 120,000 B
Wraith level 6 to 7 for 100,000 B
Or Portal level 4 to 5 for 80,000 B

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Far fewer people read those monolithic generic threads. Use them to show off, but if you need specific advice, it's better to create a new thread.

With that aside, you're not providing enough information to answer one way or the other.

You should at least include your standard program setup or something. We can't just say "upgrade the beam cannon" if it turns out you use mostly Shurikens or something.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

USJapan

Postby USJapan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:34 pm

PerseVerAnce wrote:Far fewer people read those monolithic generic threads. Use them to show off, but if you need specific advice, it's better to create a new thread.

With that aside, you're not providing enough information to answer one way or the other.

You should at least include your standard program setup or something. We can't just say "upgrade the beam cannon" if it turns out you use mostly Shurikens or something.

Point taken, my strategy is I generally try to portal my way in as close to the resources as I can (with of course monitoring the bar so I don't waste the portal) then I use a lot of beam cannons and a couple Ice Walls to try and take what I can as quickly as I can. I normally go through 20-35 beam cannons and an average of about 2-3 ice walls

Stricks

Postby Stricks » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:50 pm

What is your current lvl? I dont see many stealth programs on my lvl, so i would go for beam cannons as i see they have more usage, but you have pretty high stealth programs and im not sure it still usefull as you move on lvls...

I would say if its getting hard to place the portal, go for upgrade what gives you the most -visibility/secounds first, probably its acess, if you are having plenty of time stick to beams. But im no expert on stealth, since i usually just wraith 2 or 3 code gates and go for brute force most of the time on my lvls (44)

USJapan

Postby USJapan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Stricks wrote:What is your current lvl? I dont see many stealth programs on my lvl, so i would go for beam cannons as i see they have more usage, but you have pretty high stealth programs and im not sure it still usefull as you move on lvls...

I would say if its getting hard to place the portal, go for upgrade what gives you the most -visibility/secounds first, probably its acess, if you are having plenty of time stick to beams. But im no expert on stealth, since i usually just wraith 2 or 3 code gates and go for brute force most of the time on my lvls (44)

I'm in the low 40's and I'll go for Beam then

bogdan1945

Postby bogdan1945 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Stricks wrote:What is your current lvl? I dont see many stealth programs on my lvl, so i would go for beam cannons as i see they have more usage, but you have pretty high stealth programs and im not sure it still usefull as you move on lvls...

high level stealth programs are incredibly good just look how much visibility they drop after a couple level upgrades(not to mention in the very late game stealth is quite mandatory that or kraken for the pesky triple core guardian chokes lol), yes access is the best choice to upgrade first from the stealth programs efficiency wise if you look on the wikipedia for hackers ( compare the visibility drop rates per level) and now to give my answer to what you should upgrade beam cannons for sure , but keep in mind stealth is still very useful (tip you can usually isolate antivirus from entering chokepoints with wraith , it'll make them way easier)

Duffman123

Postby Duffman123 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am

USJapan wrote:I'd like to ask first, what should I upgrade?

I would upgrade first beam cannon, then wraith, then access and portal
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:09 am

USJapan wrote:I'd like to ask first, what should I upgrade?

Remake a new account and try again

Return to “HACKING STRATEGIES”