Maxed Sentries

Various ways of using programs during hacks
User avatar
GamerNeo
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Maxed Sentries

Postby GamerNeo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:41 pm

So I'm starting to get to the point where almost everyone has Maxed out sentries, myself included. I can't seem to get through those bases and was wondering what other people do to beat them?
BTW my stealth programs are pretty underdeveloped and my walls/protectors are at level 7.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Country: Zimbabwe
Core: 12
Level: 52
Rank: {climbing Atm}
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)


User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby Silken » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:40 pm

GamerNeo wrote:So I'm starting to get to the point where almost everyone has Maxed out sentries, myself included. I can't seem to get through those bases and was wondering what other people do to beat them?
BTW my stealth programs are pretty underdeveloped and my walls/protectors are at level 7.


Protector 14 is pretty god like, it shouldn't fail. Although you can still beat max sentries with less. About 12 is the real turning point.

Also shockers on choke points or any connection with more than one security node attached and its simple enough.

You'll find that normal chokes are pretty easy, it's the gate/core/guardian chokes are a bit of a bitch. Lots of people starting to pump up guardians.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

User avatar
GamerNeo
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby GamerNeo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you, wasn't sure if my programs were under leveled or I was supposed to switch to other programs. I do use shockers, but not enough of them looks like. But yeah normal chokes aren't my problem, it's the maelstrom and or the core/scanner/guardian like you mentioned.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Country: Zimbabwe
Core: 12
Level: 52
Rank: {climbing Atm}
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)


User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby Silken » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:40 pm

GamerNeo wrote:Thank you, wasn't sure if my programs were under leveled or I was supposed to switch to other programs. I do use shockers, but not enough of them looks like. But yeah normal chokes aren't my problem, it's the maelstrom and or the core/scanner/guardian like you mentioned.


Yeah on those, I shock, protector, ram, blaster. Ram and blaster together eat through those chokes. Replace Ram with a beam when the filter breaks.

Your protector is the weak point, level 7 isn't really high enough. I power levelled mine up to 12, then started to hit the gold sentries, had no problem. And 14 just doesn't break.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

NekrosStratia
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby NekrosStratia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 am

Silken wrote:
GamerNeo wrote:Thank you, wasn't sure if my programs were under leveled or I was supposed to switch to other programs. I do use shockers, but not enough of them looks like. But yeah normal chokes aren't my problem, it's the maelstrom and or the core/scanner/guardian like you mentioned.


Yeah on those, I shock, protector, ram, blaster. Ram and blaster together eat through those chokes. Replace Ram with a beam when the filter breaks.

Your protector is the weak point, level 7 isn't really high enough. I power levelled mine up to 12, then started to hit the gold sentries, had no problem. And 14 just doesn't break.


Silk, I've seen you around my searches for a while now, (I'm currently 44)...

So is this around the time that the game really just slows down? I mean...early levels... I farmed super quick using stealth, than I moved to beam farming and farmed super quick for a long time. Now... with everyone having max sentry...among everything else getting decently beefer...is it just expected that I'm going to have to spend an "hours" worth of compile time for a single hack.

I'm really wondering how it works for the people even higher lvl than you (60+)...where everyone starts having max everything. I mean already I see my "hack costs" rising to near 3k per hack...at some point, they are gonna reach 6-7k per hack...and for those "whales" heck your talking like 15k per hack.

Is it just a fact of the game that now that I'm closer to the top everything is just going to keep slowing down dramatically....

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby Silken » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:
Silken wrote:
GamerNeo wrote:Thank you, wasn't sure if my programs were under leveled or I was supposed to switch to other programs. I do use shockers, but not enough of them looks like. But yeah normal chokes aren't my problem, it's the maelstrom and or the core/scanner/guardian like you mentioned.


Yeah on those, I shock, protector, ram, blaster. Ram and blaster together eat through those chokes. Replace Ram with a beam when the filter breaks.

Your protector is the weak point, level 7 isn't really high enough. I power levelled mine up to 12, then started to hit the gold sentries, had no problem. And 14 just doesn't break.


Silk, I've seen you around my searches for a while now, (I'm currently 44)...

So is this around the time that the game really just slows down? I mean...early levels... I farmed super quick using stealth, than I moved to beam farming and farmed super quick for a long time. Now... with everyone having max sentry...among everything else getting decently beefer...is it just expected that I'm going to have to spend an "hours" worth of compile time for a single hack.

I'm really wondering how it works for the people even higher lvl than you (60+)...where everyone starts having max everything. I mean already I see my "hack costs" rising to near 3k per hack...at some point, they are gonna reach 6-7k per hack...and for those "whales" heck your talking like 15k per hack.

Is it just a fact of the game that now that I'm closer to the top everything is just going to keep slowing down dramatically....


Hi. Ok I'm just going to focus on the level point and not rant about the new search.

As you rise yes it does slow down. Most bases about 50 have a gold sentry, you need probably two protectors and a couple of shockers, maybe one ram or one blaster on a gate. If you opened out all your evolvier places it's not actually too bad.

Level 60 is where it starts to hurt. You need wraiths for the first couple of gates, protectors, shockers and rams for the last gates.

The reason the search changes hurt so much, is that now level 50 you only really get to see the level 60 guys. So our training times have increased dramatically overnight. Add to the fact the farms are completely dry now. We can't even get a couple of easy millions.

The game overnight, on a ninja change, hurts.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Findlerman
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 am

Re: Maxed Sentries

Postby Findlerman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:07 pm

So do we change to farming Setups? ...i will. Its just to hard to farm by hacking.


Return to “HACKING STRATEGIES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests