Powerful choking point

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Yahiko

Powerful choking point

Post by Yahiko » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:05 am

so recently , I've been having a problem with a really trouble some check point.
A level 1 scanner connected to 2 Black Ice, A turret, and then a guardian shielding.

I keep losing programs from getting over taken really quick , does anyone know any strategy to overcome this part?
HACKERS INFO
username:Atlas
Core:7

SxSnipeR

Re: Powerful choking point

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

Black ice are real slow, pop an ice shield, protector, a beam canon, when the ice shield pops use the shocker and slam another beam canon and as soon as one of their nodes get taken down ice shield it and ram it with more beams then re-ice shield the scanner if necessary. You can actually see the black-ice attack so if the ice shield is low, remove it and put another before the next hit comes at you.

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Yahiko wrote:so recently , I've been having a problem with a really trouble some check point.
A level 1 scanner connected to 2 Black Ice, A turret, and then a guardian shielding.

I keep losing programs from getting over taken really quick , does anyone know any strategy to overcome this part?
that is easy, just use an ice wall and then a shocker then quickly add beams and watch it crumble. As you get higher in level these become common place, you need to get use to them. Timing is key get that ice wall up just before it goes down tap the hell out of your ice wall and it will load up as it is dropped. Then quickly use shocker and you are all good for how ever long your shocker last. Mine shocker last 8 seconds which can take down both of those black ice. then pop beams on those and you own that choke easy. You could also in place of shocker use protector but shocker is cheaper and at higher levels shockers last longer than most protectors.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Yahiko

Post by Yahiko » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:25 pm

legal wrote:
Yahiko wrote:so recently , I've been having a problem with a really trouble some check point.

that is easy, just use an ice wall and then a shocker then quickly add beams and watch it crumble. As you get higher in level these become common place, you need to get use to them. Timing is key get that ice wall up just before it goes down tap the hell out of your ice wall and it will load up as it is dropped. Then quickly use shocker and you are all good for how ever long your shocker last. Mine shocker last 8 seconds which can take down both of those black ice. then pop beams on those and you own that choke easy. You could also in place of shocker use protector but shocker is cheaper and at higher levels shockers last longer than most protectors.
Wow, thank you. this is extremely useful.
Not sure why i never thought of it, since not once have i ever used the shocker until now. I thought it was useless.
HACKERS INFO
username:Atlas
Core:7

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Yahiko wrote:
legal wrote:

Wow, thank you. this is extremely useful.
Not sure why i never thought of it, since not once have i ever used the shocker until now. I thought it was useless.
Shocker is every useful in late game when everyone has sentry level 20. 8 seconds is a long time if your beams are high enough. It can actually work way way better than protector and is way cheaper. at same level both being 8 the shocker actually will last longer against a level 16+ sentry and cost 140 while the protector cost 240. So advantage goes to shocker as it does not need a regen and normally only need one on a choke point to get past it. You will still need an ice wall with either but again shocker is best for this situation. Now I do not know if you were being sarcastic or not, but that is the basic run down on shocker.
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:29 am

You made a good point about shockers, however shocker is only useful against non-code gate chokes.
Once you reach C11-C12 category, you'll start to see more chokes with 2/3 high level codegates on a scanner. The codegate is backed by lvl 21 sentry so it will instantly retake your node if you don't have protection.
You can use shockers if your shocker is really high, but you might need to use 4-5 shockers to make it long enough for your beams/rams to finish the job.
On the other hand, at lvl 15 protector, you have 4.6k hp with 320hp regeneration per second. This is enough to tank a choke point with 3 out connections all firing lvl21 AV (131 damage per pulse) for 64 seconds. This should give you enough time to finish your job and move on.
Protector has its uses and shocker can be really convenient.

But the most important factor is your attack. If you can manage to take down a defence/choke in a shorter amount of time, then that means you have to provide less time for protection or shocking.
Best defence is offence.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

legal

Post by legal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Jaystar wrote:You made a good point about shockers, however shocker is only useful against non-code gate chokes.
Once you reach C11-C12 category, you'll start to see more chokes with 2/3 high level codegates on a scanner. The codegate is backed by lvl 21 sentry so it will instantly retake your node if you don't have protection.
You can use shockers if your shocker is really high, but you might need to use 4-5 shockers to make it long enough for your beams/rams to finish the job.
On the other hand, at lvl 15 protector, you have 4.6k hp with 320hp regeneration per second. This is enough to tank a choke point with 3 out connections all firing lvl21 AV (131 damage per pulse) for 64 seconds. This should give you enough time to finish your job and move on.

But the most important factor is your attack. If you can manage to take down a defence/choke in a shorter amount of time, then that means you have to provide less time for protection or shocking.
Best defence is offence.
thats when you use ice wall shocker combo you don't need protector the cost of a shocker at same level is still way cheaper and is more than enough to tank it, and at most you need 2, but you get 12 seconds to attack the node and that is more than enough to take down any code gate with 15+ beams that is under level 13 codegate, So with lower cost half the cost of a protector of the same level shocker is actually way cheaper and you will only need one ice wall and as long as you time it out you do not have to worry about it falling at all, even a low level ice wall will buy you the time to pop off the shocker. and disables all the nodes and frees up a program slot you can use to take down what ever node you are attacking, making it more likely that you will take all the nodes very quiclky and you do not have to worry about damage.

3ly

Post by 3ly » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:58 pm

I'd use Blaster/Protector combo since my Shocker isn't upgraded enough yet.
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:49 pm

legal wrote:
Jaystar wrote:You made a good point about shockers, however shocker is only useful against non-code gate chokes.

Best defence is offence.
thats when you use ice wall shocker combo you don't need protector the cost of a shocker at same level is still way cheaper and is more than enough to tank it, and at most you need 2, but you get 12 seconds to attack the node and that is more than enough to take down any code gate with 15+ beams that is under level 13 codegate, So with lower cost half the cost of a protector of the same level shocker is actually way cheaper and you will only need one ice wall and as long as you time it out you do not have to worry about it falling at all, even a low level ice wall will buy you the time to pop off the shocker. and disables all the nodes and frees up a program slot you can use to take down what ever node you are attacking, making it more likely that you will take all the nodes very quiclky and you do not have to worry about damage.
The thing is lvl 16+ gates cannot be taken down by beams. If you want to keep shocking on that choke, fine by me. It will take you 2 or 3 or even 4 shockers to give you enough time to take them down. Or I would rather just place down a single protector and not worry about it.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

legal

Post by legal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Jaystar wrote:
legal wrote:

Best defence is offence.
The thing is lvl 16+ gates cannot be taken down by beams. If you want to keep shocking on that choke, fine by me. It will take you 2 or 3 or even 4 shockers to give you enough time to take them down. Or I would rather just place down a single protector and not worry about it.
funny I dont see many level 16 code gates even with the level 50's I hit. If I did I would not use 3 beams I would use 3 level 10 rams which would make it go down faster than 2. So yeah I'll keep using shockers, and wont take more than 2 at most. Again shocker wins for speed an extra slots to attack with which always make it faster, and still cost less even using 2 which is all it would cost. Yes 4 if you use beams but only a moron would use beams on a level 16 codegate. Your way is not the only way, and not even close to the best way. Sorry but shocker wins just because you rule out beams does not mean you won the debate.