Sentry reactivity time

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Fantöm

Sentry reactivity time

Post by Fantöm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:34 am

Hello there. As we know every defense has a different reaction time. Example : a Turret reacts instantaneously to an attack on the nearest node and the shots fired have no latency, compared to a Black Ice, which takes 2-3 seconds to charge up and then the actual attack takes 1 second to get to the target.
But what about the Sentry as well as white nodes with antivirus (so black ones in the end)? Why does it take time to charge up (1 second) since it's the weakest (in damage) node?

youtu.be/IEMdY9nuZBk
While I'm at it, how come some nodes, which have the antivirus, react differently? By this I mean why is there this:

youtu.be/8hOk1L1CfVs
The Scanner takes "much'' longer than the BI and the Sentry to attack.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Slombeeper

Re: Sentry reactivity time

Post by Slombeeper » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:08 pm

I have had the same thought here. My three turrets' antivirus attacks different. Two turrets shoot antivirus at the same time while the third waits an additional half second or so. What could be the problem?

I have a theory on why! When the node gets the antivirus, THATS when their attack timer is set. For example. If my turret is connected to a sentry and a scanner and the scanner has two additonal turrets on it. In this case, the turret attached to a sentry will attack different from the other two turrets because it recieved the antivirus program at a different time. This would explain why the other two turrets attack with antivirus at the same time, because the scanner spreads the antivirus to them at the same time! (Remember this is speculation but it makes alot of sense and could be true)
CTRL+ALT+DELETE = (C+A+D-101) = 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111

:D

Silken

Post by Silken » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Slombeeper wrote:I have had the same thought here. My three turrets' antivirus attacks different. Two turrets shoot antivirus at the same time while the third waits an additional half second or so. What could be the problem?

I have a theory on why! When the node gets the antivirus, THATS when their attack timer is set. For example. If my turret is connected to a sentry and a scanner and the scanner has two additonal turrets on it. In this case, the scanner with a sentry will attack different from the other two because it recieved the antivirus program at a different time. This would explain why the other two turrets attack with antivirus at the same time, because the scanner spreads the antivirus to them at the same time! (Remember this is speculation but it makes alot of sense and could be true)
Seriously. This thread is six months old. With out of date information.

Why.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Slombeeper

Post by Slombeeper » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Silken wrote:
Slombeeper wrote:I have had the same thought here. My three turrets' antivirus attacks different. Two turrets shoot antivirus at the same time while the third waits an additional half second or so. What could be the problem?

I have a theory on why! When the node gets the antivirus, THATS when their attack timer is set. For example. If my turret is connected to a sentry and a scanner and the scanner has two additonal turrets on it. In this case, the scanner with a sentry will attack different from the other two because it recieved the antivirus program at a different time. This would explain why the other two turrets attack with antivirus at the same time, because the scanner spreads the antivirus to them at the same time! (Remember this is speculation but it makes alot of sense and could be true)

Why.

Oh wow I didn't see that XD.
But still, why do they attack at different times?

Silken

Post by Silken » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:16 am

Slombeeper wrote:
Silken wrote:

Why.

I think what you are seeing is the anti virus still spreading. Since one activates before the others, this would be spreading before the others. Otherwise anti virus attacks a node at the same time. The exception would be if a node has been taken and retaken.

I have noticed a small discrepancy, however this is after a prolonged attacked. Anti virus do slightly get out of sync. But I think this is more to do with the fact the network 'warps' the travel line and they are not always exactly the same length. But it is so so small you can only really see it on a replay.

Sentry levels also affect the pulse speed of the antivirus spreading. You could also be seeing this I guess, if your Turrets have the antivirus from different sources.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Slombeeper

Post by Slombeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:55 am

Silken wrote:
Slombeeper wrote:
Silken wrote:

Why.

I think what you are seeing is the anti virus still spreading. Since one activates before the others, this would be spreading before the others. Otherwise anti virus attacks a node at the same time. The exception would be if a node has been taken and retaken.

I have noticed a small discrepancy, however this is after a prolonged attacked. Anti virus do slightly get out of sync. But I think this is more to do with the fact the network 'warps' the travel line and they are not always exactly the same length. But it is so so small you can only really see it on a replay.

Sentry levels also affect the pulse speed of the antivirus spreading. You could also be seeing this I guess, if your Turrets have the antivirus from different sources.
Yea that makes sense. Thanks.