Security test

Various ways of using programs during hacks
RealAnonymous

Security test

Post by RealAnonymous » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 am

Having trouble beating the security test, it's way harder than any player or story mission I've come across. Any suggestions?

Prochlub

Re: Security test

Post by Prochlub » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:02 pm

Sometimes, a mission unlocks that's just too hard for you, don't stress about it. When you upgrade your programs or develop some new ones, it will get easier. Just hack other players for the time being and return to this mission when you upgrade your programs or your libraries (to have more programs).
In real world, you may encounter challenges you can not deal with at that moment as well, same thing here. You don't have to finish everything as soon as it's available.
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

Mastermime

Post by Mastermime » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Maybe this is the map. I also have a problem with this one

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqCMxIZ2u_ZVgcRtWBAtCl_ow4Fefg

Fast_Jimmy

Post by Fast_Jimmy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:16 pm

One thing to notice here is the objective: Download the Core DB.

NOTE: it is NOT occupy all nodes.

This is one of the first story missions where it is rather difficult to penetrate the AI's defenses, most likely because many players will still have a mindset of "occupy all nodes." The key to my success here was two things:

1) Unlock the Blaster program. This isn't required, but is one of the best ways I've found to taking down Gates short of the Battering Ram program. Alternatively, you can try beam cannoning the snot out of the Gates, but realize this is a riskier move.

2) Blitzkrieg through the gates as fast as you can. While it feels nice to leave a sea of conquered red nodes behind you, this is not the objective of this mission, nor does it gain you any extra resources or points. Don't worry if past nodes are taken back over. Don't worry if you don't bust through BOTH gates. Just focus your efforts on one side, run up it as fast as you can, then work on taking the DB node (it might not hurt to take a Data Leach if you can spare the disk space/have it unlocked). Loot the resources as an added bonus, but don't do so at the risk of losing the prime objective - the reward for completing the mission will be worth more than spreading yourself thin to grab the resource nodes.

And, as other above have stated, grow stronger before you move forward. Starting out, hacking others is cheap and quick, but realize that a full out offensive is going to take longer and longer to prep and cost more and more Bit Coins, so making sure your resource nodes are optimized should always be your primary focus (which goes hand in hand with developing your Core). Throwing yourself against a story mission you just aren't ready for wastes both time and resources that could be spent growing your base, so don't take missions or hacks you can't defeat with a high degree of confidence, as those wasted resources have now put you behind.
Fast_Jimmy Level 16
Reputation 250-300

rutwiksp99

Post by rutwiksp99 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:21 am

Actually I beat the security test, that is mentioned above. I used two battering rams to smash through the two code gates in about roughly 20 seconds. My advice would be to commence your attack from both the net connections. That worked for me.