Firewall (campaign stage)

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Forgotten

Firewall (campaign stage)

Postby Forgotten » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Should the stage "firewall" have a stage between it and the previous network?

I can't seem to beat the network and I've had it ony world map for ages (I don't like to quit stages).

There was a large jump up in difficulty from the previous stage, and I feel like the jump was too big.

Any tips on beating it? I'm a core level 7 with level 6 beam cannon level 5 shuriken & ice wall, level 3 blaster, protector, battering ram and data leech, level 4 worms, level 2 kracken and shocker and level 1 access and wraith.

Thanks

Luminaar

Re: Firewall (campaign stage)

Postby Luminaar » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Forgotten wrote:Should the stage "firewall" have a stage between it and the previous network?

I can't seem to beat the network and I've had it ony world map for ages (I don't like to quit stages).

There was a large jump up in difficulty from the previous stage, and I feel like the jump was too big.

Any tips on beating it? I'm a core level 7 with level 6 beam cannon level 5 shuriken & ice wall, level 3 blaster, protector, battering ram and data leech, level 4 worms, level 2 kracken and shocker and level 1 access and wraith.

Thanks
Firewall does seem to cause a lot of problems for folks. Kraken works super well on this network, and a level 2 is more than suffice, plus a few beams for the attached Turrets and the compilers which have the Setry + Code Gate attached. Extra levels in Beam Cannon, and extra program space via Program Libraries will help.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Forgotten

Postby Forgotten » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 am

Luminaar wrote:
Forgotten wrote:Should the stage "firewall" have a stage between it and the previous network?

Thanks
Firewall does seem to cause a lot of problems for folks. Kraken works super well on this network, and a level 2 is more than suffice, plus a few beams for the attached Turrets and the compilers which have the Setry + Code Gate attached. Extra levels in Beam Cannon, and extra program space via Program Libraries will help.

Okay, thanks :D

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:43 am

It's easy with a Portal
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Forgotten

Postby Forgotten » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:It's easy with a Portal

No offense but not really, you need to both download the core AND take control of all nodes so using the portal would be a waste of program library space because you still have to take the same amount of nodes.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri May 05, 2017 6:33 am

Portal the sentry :roll: Hardest part is the center. Capture it all while it doesn't have AV.

The outer parts are easy to beam, with an occasional ice wall. You don't even need a Ram - the gold gate you don't wraith can be beamed down from two or three sides.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Return to “HACKING STRATEGIES”