Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Vnasty

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Post by Vnasty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Stricks wrote:Im no expert to know how the combat lvl for searchs should be done, its just clear that the way it is is not fair to some, im not fully lost in the new strategy, did my share of bad upgrades on wrong things but as i see on posts there are ppl who really screw up and for sure the game already ended for them. Its like beeing lvl 55 with less than 16 beam, stealth programs on h8gh lvl, having farms and not a full upgraded sentry you are pretty much doomed and i think its unfair for those who did it.
I thought about negative to farms because this could incentivate ppl to get them, and that will bring more valuable targets, as it is now having a farm on high lvl is like writing stupid on your face
Im so that guy, you talk about being doomed. Mid 50, high access, wraith, portal, low beem, low sentry, code gates, lvl 21 farms. Fml, God bless 7 day 9 sec. Few months changing my set up ill be able to play like a normal hacker. Thought it would be fun to build against the meta, beam,shocker etc, boy did I learn a valuable lesson, or expensive one.

Is there something written on my face? :lol:

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Stricks wrote:I agree the old way was bad too, but not not allowing ppl to readequate to new search system (simple by recalvulating lvl at least) is also bad and end the game for some old players , not good too. Making a real making up search system would be the best way of handling it
Really tho we lost many good long term players after the changes in feb. Half a year after game launches devs recalculate the search. There are so many dead accounts.

Stricks

Post by Stricks » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:02 am

Vnasty wrote:
Stricks wrote:Im no expert to know how the combat lvl for searchs should be done, its just clear that the way it is is not fair to some, im not fully lost in the new strategy, did my share of bad upgrades on wrong things but as i see on posts there are ppl who really screw up and for sure the game already ended for them. Its like beeing lvl 55 with less than 16 beam, stealth programs on h8gh lvl, having farms and not a full upgraded sentry you are pretty much doomed and i think its unfair for those who did it.
I thought about negative to farms because this could incentivate ppl to get them, and that will bring more valuable targets, as it is now having a farm on high lvl is like writing stupid on your face
Im so that guy, you talk about being doomed. Mid 50, high access, wraith, portal, low beem, low sentry, code gates, lvl 21 farms. Fml, God bless 7 day 9 sec. Few months changing my set up ill be able to play like a normal hacker. Thought it would be fun to build against the meta, beam,shocker etc, boy did I learn a valuable lesson, or expensive one.

Is there something written on my face? :lol:
Well i can read stupid there righ on your face, sorry.

I recently also wrote stupid on my face when devs changed the rep system with - pretty useless - rewards, i was one of the stupids that raised rep without a totally min max setup and the game was becoming hard and frustrating. Finally i did gave up on devs word that increase rep would be good soon (it isnt and probably wouldnt be good for non min max players anytime soon), wash my face and take that stupid out of there :D

Now im back to 500 rep where i still can find resources, see you soon on hacks vnasty :)
Already saw your network today, but you have low resources to steal, a lot of juicier networks on this pool!

happy days

Post by happy days » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:22 am

Told u guys drop to 500 and ripe don't forget to add to the poll drop the rep

orochicc002

Post by orochicc002 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:44 am

I've been playing this for a while now and I think the player level should be dynamic. i.e., if the player decides to delete node, he/she can do so. Additionally, you should be allowed to downgrade programs.
Now, the level should be the sum of all assets: all kinds of nodes and programs. However, the value should not be linear, but exponential (or at least polynomial). Let's say Lv.1 sentry is worth 1 xp, then Lv.2 sentry is worth 2 xp, Lv.3 is worth 4 xp, e.t.c. This will prevent the problem where players spike up certain asset and yet remain the same level range with others that chooses to have balanced assets. Business nodes should also worth less xp to encourage players to build more farms.
With this new system, the xp required for each level up would also need to be adjusted.
I wouldn't mind for this to be a "premium" service, such as pay 100 credits to re-assess player level.
There should also be a system in place to discourage players to dump resources, it really just makes other players have less fun. But that's for another thread.

Cuendilar

Post by Cuendilar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 am

Hey, i'm relatively new and naive player at lvl 28 and even i am seeing effects. I deleted a few nodes to re-design my network, invested in farms because i didnt knew better and my program update strategy is questionable... and now, from time to time there are this rollercoaster players who basically faceroll my network with beams and shields only. And if i try to hack back, their network have NO farms whatsoever and defense nodes with levels far beyond anything i can possible swallow.

I find it concerning when a game offers so many different options to attack, defense and progress, yet you basically HAVE to concentrate on very few elements, pushing them to the absolute limit without any backlash. This is bad design and it is not fitting to what i saw until now. It limits your experience. Stealth is a joke, dataleech is a waste and you will never ever get out of your beamcannon/shield combo until very very late ingame. Our networks will more and more lack ressource generating nodes the more we get into late levels because more and more people slowly adapt to this mindset. Please, please @trickster: fix this somehow.

Nori

Post by Nori » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Replying to this so that the discussion doesn't die down.. I started playing the game quite a few months ago and am currently level 44. I frequently get beat by people below my level because my nodes are underleveled.

I did what most new players would do, I built resource generators and because I didn't want to waste build threads, I updated them a lot. I don't know how many levels you gain by making 5 level 15 resources generators, but I would guess a lot. I have since removed all the money generators and just kept the bcoins, but of course, the experience doesn't get removed.

I strongly think that levels should be dynamic. If you remove a level 15 node, you should lose that experience. Or barring that, just remove resource nodes from level calculation. It would make for a more resource rich world. Lastly, simply being able to recalc would at least be something...

The way it currently is heavily discourages experimenting with programs/nodes and penalizes new players who don't know how levels are calculated and how terrible the resource nodes are.

Mchief

Post by Mchief » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 pm

I honesty don't know why level calculation is so hard, Luminaar has said that due to the way it's coded this is a very hard thing to introduce which means one of two things , they either dont want to Change it or the original coding is mind boggling complex for what should be a simple calculation. I know a little programing but it shouldn't be hard to have a list of all the programs and nodes with there level and exp worth and go , yeah he has 3 lvl 21 farms so that's X xp, this should be something that happens at game start,

That said I don't know the source code and I'm not sure why it's so hard to do but if it is this complicated shouldnt we get this fixed before adding new features

crack

Post by crack » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:11 pm

I know I'm a slow responder but just read the P2W discussion, I'd like to say wow that was long.
For me its really simple if u buy credits that's called pay to win, no matter where u spend them eg programs, upgrade nodes, speed up compiling times, threads or 9 sec it's basically all the same, it results in an advantage, before u start processing counter arguments. My point is that its about the advantage of time, effort and patients. Don't get me wrong if u wish to buy credits etc fine as long as u don't make out its a skill u got when comparing to other players. The rep ranks have no baring on the skill of players as u can achieve it in multiple ways, eg no consistency, the game has major flaws regarding this. The should split the rep ranks maybe MM group, P2W group and a non P2W group. Also off topic slightly but the devs have lost control of the game, as now players r farming themselves not only for loot but shield reset, rep anything so basically no real point to the game now.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol