Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Post Reply
Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by Vnasty » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Cant tell if a farm has resources when stealth hacking unless you waste a leech

D3F4ULT
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by D3F4ULT » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 pm

everything in the game is awesome but the problem is the fact that i need to wait 17 hours to upgrade my server farm is not cool i mean that's alot of time for like what level 6 or 7 i understand that's technically a high level but it's to much seriously try to see if it's possible to reduce times for upgrading.

iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by iSpy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:46 pm

The times for construction are pretty balanced imo, you just need to be able to plan out how to spend. At higher lvls you'll typically only have 1 or 2 structures upgrading at a time due to high costs of 500k+ / 16K+

The thing I came here to suggest was a weekend event that is triggered whenever the staff feel like doing so. This event can include faster compilation times, 50-100%, faster resource accumulation 50-100% to make for larger targets during the weekends. This would attract more attention to the game and players would be more active during the event.

Second point is that currently at lv 19, defence is seriously under powered. Once i figured out a strategy for attacking bases, I have yet to run into a base that I've not been capable of getting all 3 objectives, although to stay at a lower rep lvl i'm having to intentionally end attacks after collecting 99% of resources to minimise rep gain. I've been attacking bases ranging from lv 16 to lv 26 today all successful. Although most attacks on me have been failing including a lv 33 I watch all replays and the reason they fail the attack is because they make several miscalculations during the attack, overspending programs in areas not needed, and failing to resupply ice walls on time. I'm not sure if this is solved as the game progresses, but there's a need for adjustment at my level range. One way to correct this would be beneficial to you guys as much as us is to create a new defensive structure type. What that could be, i do not know, perhaps a firewall structure that spreads regeneration to structures throughout the network. Alternatively the solution may be as simple as adding an additional turret to lv 5 or 6 core. A minor adjustment considering all it takes to remove a turret from the defence is 2 beam cannons in most situations, if there's other structures attacking simultaneously then 1 ice wall to accompany the beam cannons does the job.

And while we're on the topic of ice walls i'd love to know if you guys are looking into changing the production costs of the program, I'm sitting at 600 B costs per attack and that's while sitting at lv 2 ice walls, upgrading walls is currently not smart as for one i don't need it to wipe out bases, and it would increase costs to the point where i'm searching for 1k B+ targets just to make a small profit.

Edit: I'd also appreciate a fast forward button when reviewing replays, 1x, 2x and 4x would be nice. I spend too much time reviewing replays to see where i need to make improvements when an ability to fast forward would cut that time right down and allow for more play time, especially when there's 5-10 defences over night.
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

iSpy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by iSpy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:02 am

Buildings that are upgrading should also be placed to the bottom of the attack priority list, check for upgrading first, then continue with the preset priority list. The upgrading structures pose 0 threat. While on topic of priority list, Code gates should be prioritised over any other basic structure such as the program library when neither are being effected by a sentry.

System to promote player levelling, players receive 5-10 credits per level.

There's also a need for a system to make the rep system relevant excluding its status appeal.
Level: 29
Location: UK
Updated: 04/11/2016

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by Silken » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:45 am

iSpy wrote:The thing I came here to suggest was a weekend event that is triggered whenever the staff feel like doing so. This event can include faster compilation times, 50-100%, faster resource accumulation 50-100% to make for larger targets during the weekends. This would attract more attention to the game and players would be more active during the event.

And while we're on the topic of ice walls i'd love to know if you guys are looking into changing the production costs of the program, I'm sitting at 600 B costs per attack and that's while sitting at lv 2 ice walls, upgrading walls is currently not smart as for one i don't need it to wipe out bases, and it would increase costs to the point where i'm searching for 1k B+ targets just to make a small profit.

Edit: I'd also appreciate a fast forward button when reviewing replays, 1x, 2x and 4x would be nice. I spend too much time reviewing replays to see where i need to make improvements when an ability to fast forward would cut that time right down and allow for more play time, especially when there's 5-10 defences over night.
Excellent ideas on the weekend event and replays.

In regard to Ice Wall, I'm starting to disagree with any price reduction. The problem with the Ice Wall is that the disc spare is so low. It only take up 2 slots. Reducing it's price would just see people only using Ice Wall, Blaster and Cannons, even at high levels. The sharp increase in price makes it less attractive. So people move on to programs like shocker and protector.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

samgyeop
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:19 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by samgyeop » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Silken wrote: In regard to Ice Wall, I'm starting to disagree with any price reduction. The problem with the Ice Wall is that the disc spare is so low. It only take up 2 slots. Reducing it's price would just see people only using Ice Wall, Blaster and Cannons, even at high levels. The sharp increase in price makes it less attractive. So people move on to programs like shocker and protector.
The problem with protector is that it takes a 4 second interval to install, which is not popular when trying to take over a node that has 3-4 def connected to it. As soon as you put a shield and if it gets taken before it can install, you lose that virus. The problem with shocker is that it takes up way too much disk space and depending how strong your beam is, it does nothing.

Aside from that I realized that there is no option to delete a node after you install it. Maybe implement that idea so that some people that messed up there base without knowing are allowed to delete a node instead of creating a new account or contacting the developers to manually reset there account.

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by Silken » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm

samgyeop wrote:The problem with protector is that it takes a 4 second interval to install, which is not popular when trying to take over a node that has 3-4 def connected to it. As soon as you put a shield and if it gets taken before it can install, you lose that virus. The problem with shocker is that it takes up way too much disk space and depending how strong your beam is, it does nothing.

Aside from that I realized that there is no option to delete a node after you install it. Maybe implement that idea so that some people that messed up there base without knowing are allowed to delete a node instead of creating a new account or contacting the developers to manually reset there account.
After the 0.5's delay they added to Turrets. If installed in the correct order, shocker is extremely powerful. 8-)
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

User avatar
LadTy
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by LadTy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:39 am

samgyeop wrote:Aside from that I realized that there is no option to delete a node after you install it. Maybe implement that idea so that some people that messed up there base without knowing are allowed to delete a node instead of creating a new account or contacting the developers to manually reset there account.
You can delete most of the nodes (pretty much every unessential node on the network; not Core, evolver, compiler, 1 farm etc). But you must rearrange your network in a way that deleting that node would not tear the network into 2 separate pieces or invalidate in any other way. If you just place the node you want to delete 'to the side' of the network with only 1 connection to other nodes, you can delete it to modify your strategy (more farming nodes / more defensive nodes, whatever you like)
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Luminaar
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:30 am

Vnasty wrote:Cant tell if a farm has resources when stealth hacking unless you waste a leech
Would it be possible for the Hacks tab (next to your Security Log) to show PvE/Mission encounters? As folks have already mentioned, seeing which farms/mines have resources makes completing missions like "Berliner Kreditbank" difficult, especially when you can't see which nodes you looted last.

Add my +1 to all the replay controls too. A fast forward/rewind option, even a 1/2 speed option for those clutch replay money shots would be great!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

CerberusArc
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by CerberusArc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:47 am

iSpy wrote: One way to correct this would be beneficial to you guys as much as us is to create a new defensive structure type. What that could be, i do not know, perhaps a firewall structure that spreads regeneration to structures throughout the network.
I liked this idea at first read, but after thinking about it a bit more, I'm not sure how it would work. At first I was thinking it would be something like a hybrid between the sentry and guardian, but then again, there are usually only 1-3 structures taking damage at any one time during an attack, so spreading regen across the whole network wouldn't really do anything, so I'm not sure about that implementation. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your idea. Alternatively, you could change the guardian so that its effect flows to all nodes and not just those it is connected to, but this might make defense OP, lol.

Post Reply