Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
GamerNeo

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby GamerNeo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 am

Just my 2 cents on what I would like to see added/changed:

-Shorter wait times. I spent money to buy all building threads and then some but I'm still waiting for days at a time between when I can play.
-2+ program lists. Again waiting. 5-30 mins for your programs to compile is not fun, and I am constantly pausing a movie/game to hack someone, forget I'm watching a movie or what's happening in it then go and forget I'm playing hackers. Then I get kicked off and lose a third of my resources since it takes so long to store up everything. Maybe I'm just too impatient :lol:
-Teams. Well mostly a way to communicate with those in your country and feel like it's more of a group war as opposed to you waging war against everyone else. Maybe sharing resources with those in your country would help some people as well.
-Attacking yourself. As previously mentioned but I just want to say that I am also in favor of this.
-Control Priorities. Instead of guessing/ linking them in order, if we could simply set them ourselves would be nice. Or even something as simple as colours to show the priorities in game would help.
-Resource exchange. I'm always starving for b-coins but loaded with dollars and no way to spend them.
-Maybe search filters? Search for different amount of coins, level, countries etc. to speed up searches and add a more warlike feel. Just make the searches more expensive to compensate. Also add some bonuses for countries that are in the top 10 or something.
-Something with the rep system. I want to increase my rep to get more missions and unlock skins but there is no way I can get to 2000+ rep since there are so few people up there. And why bother? All the resources are down here at the 100-600 range.
-I would gladly pay for a VIP feature. Like more credits cards, extra thread, faster times. Nothing to make it p2w but something since I don't want to spend 100$ again for the credits that just aren't as valuable at my level.

I'm sure some of these are repeats. Take 'em or leave 'em, just wanted to share.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

Sutopia

Postby Sutopia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:24 am

GamerNeo wrote:Just my 2 cents on what I would like to see added/changed:

-Maybe search filters? Search for different amount of coins, level, countries etc. to speed up searches and add a more warlike feel. Just make the searches more expensive to compensate. Also add some bonuses for countries that are in the top 10 or something.
-Something with the rep system. I want to increase my rep to get more missions and unlock skins but there is no way I can get to 2000+ rep since there are so few people up there. And why bother? All the resources are down here at the 100-600 range.
-I would gladly pay for a VIP feature. Like more credits cards, extra thread, faster times. Nothing to make it p2w but something since I don't want to spend 100$ again for the credits that just aren't as valuable at my level.

I'm sure some of these are repeats. Take 'em or leave 'em, just wanted to share.

Search filter will make easy abuse to spam attack same person and they simply hard to fight back for current retrace system. (multiple attack allow only one retrace)

Rep has been well complained.

Reminds me that we need to speed up research time...
Late updates of viruses are just too slow and takes days can't be cut by extra threads or whatever out there.

darkarstist

Postby darkarstist » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

DMTea2sugars wrote:Maybe set our own "test system" contract, like NPCS give but we could set a possible reward. Trying a new layout can be a pain waiting for someone to attack, if my resources are too low to be enticing.

I wanted something similar .... just to check out my new layout ..

idanmo

Postby idanmo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Another ideas from 'Clash Royale' game:
1. The option to copy some else network layout
2. Switching between 3 network layout when only last selected one is the active

Suriman

Postby Suriman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Program storage arsenals

Right now I have a maximum of 90 program slots, which is fine for any specific hack.
But I'm noticing I have to leave certain targets on the side, because I'm now more stealth and portal focused.
I lose brute force power for those stealth programs.

It would cost too much time to build up programs for one specific target.

Wouldn't it be great to have [n * 90 slots] and based on the network you're facing, you chose your A or B program arsenal.

You would not be able to use programs from the other arsenal during a hack, so you have to stick to your choice, but it gives you more freedom.

Also in your downtime, you can prepare for a couple hacks in a row when you get online again, and then let them compile again.

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Suriman wrote:Program storage arsenals

Right now I have a maximum of 90 program slots, which is fine for any specific hack.
But I'm noticing I have to leave certain targets on the side, because I'm now more stealth and portal focused.
I lose brute force power for those stealth programs.

It would cost too much time to build up programs for one specific target.

Wouldn't it be great to have [n * 90 slots] and based on the network you're facing, you chose your A or B program arsenal.

You would not be able to use programs from the other arsenal during a hack, so you have to stick to your choice, but it gives you more freedom.

Also in your downtime, you can prepare for a couple hacks in a row when you get online again, and then let them compile again.

That's how you loot 0 bcoin for every attack.
Choose your target then compile if you think managing a general purpose arsenal is to much trouble for you, or just settle down on brute. Too many people use stealth without realizing how costly it is, both in price and compile time.
This feature would just be ridiculously broken.

Sutopia

Postby Sutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Need enhancement to charge-shoot mechanic.
The charge countdown should be running even with no avail target left around, and instant release if new target avail if done charging.
The change can be applied to blaster, black ICE and guardian.

SaintHog

Postby SaintHog » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:37 pm

May I suggest a reputation system change, what do you think about it?

It would be sweet to calculate "attack difficulty" (one of the factors of how much rep point someone gets/loses for successful/failed attacks and defenses) by the defending network's node levels VS the attacking programs levels instead of reputation.

It would make losing/earning points fair, and it would compel people to think up real network topologies, because this way it would be superfluous to place the core right into the entrance for "reputation exploit".

Maybe it would be even more precise by calculating a matrix of matching attack/defense "pairs":

-beam, shuriken, kraken, shield, etc. levels' average of the attacker against sentry, black ice, etc. levels' average of defender network
-stealth programs levels' average vs. scanner levels' average
-battering ram level vs. gates levels' average

Sutopia

Postby Sutopia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:42 pm

SaintHog wrote:May I suggest a reputation system change, what do you think about it?

It would be sweet to calculate "attack difficulty" (one of the factors of how much rep point someone gets/loses for successful/failed attacks and defenses) by the defending network's node levels VS the attacking programs levels instead of reputation.

It would make losing/earning points fair, and it would compel people to think up real network topologies, because this way it would be superfluous to place the core right into the entrance for "reputation exploit".

Maybe it would be even more precise by calculating a matrix of matching attack/defense "pairs":

-beam, shuriken, kraken, shield, etc. levels' average of the attacker against sentry, black ice, etc. levels' average of defender network
-stealth programs levels' average vs. scanner levels' average
-battering ram level vs. gates levels' average

So set up Maelstrom make easy rep.
No.

SaintHog

Postby SaintHog » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Sutopia wrote:So set up Maelstrom make easy rep.
No.

I don't think it would be easy that way. Simply have to fine tune the weight of sentry levels in the matrix. Obviously it does matters how many nodes you have, so that should be part of the calculation of the sentry part. Another way is making a factor out of the average firewall value of the network as well.
8-)

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”