Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby e1a00000 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

Sutopia wrote:SCM and SCCM should be introduced to inhence late game stealth play.

SCCM : Stealth counter-countermeasures
Program : Dummy image
Ability : Cover stealth activity in 3 connections for an amount of time. Scanner scanning the effected node only take visibility of dummy image.
Idea : have you not watch spy movies?
Price : start from 200 bcoin, raise curve to be determined.
Compile time : 30 min
Disc space : 25
Install time : 1 sec
Image effective time : 4.5 sec + 0.5*level
Visibility : 97 , decreased by leveling
Side note : upon installing SCCM the scanner can capture the image spreaded in 3 connection, which means the scanner 6 connections away will be able to detect one installed at net connection. You can remove the image early, kinda like how kraken works.

SCM : Scout countermeasures ( you read that right)
Node : gap generator
Ability : hides node type and level within certain amount of connections.
Idea : red alert 2 allied building
Total level : 4
Connections covered : 1+ level
Price : 2 / 4 / 8 / 16 mil
Amount : limit at 1
Required core : to be determined
Side note : In stealth mode, hided nodes can be revealed with access "accessed" (one node away). Once brute force start, the "fog of war" fades away and show the entire network.
Side side note for developers: game dose not even load (reveal) the nodes when player is 2 connections away from covered nodes, requesting node type for revealing result in sure record of intrusion, prevents S/L sandbox hacks.


Not feasible with the way the game work. It requires constant connection in order for node reveal, but currently the game sends data in packages. I don't think it's possible with the current engine.
Stealth shielding is a good idea, but too easily abused. People would just level it and ignores all other stealth program.

Sutopia
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby Sutopia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:53 am

e1a00000 wrote:
Not feasible with the way the game work. It requires constant connection in order for node reveal, but currently the game sends data in packages. I don't think it's possible with the current engine.
Stealth shielding is a good idea, but too easily abused. People would just level it and ignores all other stealth program.

Make it super expensive and long upgrade, simple balance.
Just like blasters and guardians, the true value comes after you overcome all the pain.
Plus, did you read the compile time and disk space?

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby e1a00000 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 am

Sutopia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:
Not feasible with the way the game work. It requires constant connection in order for node reveal, but currently the game sends data in packages. I don't think it's possible with the current engine.
Stealth shielding is a good idea, but too easily abused. People would just level it and ignores all other stealth program.

Make it super expensive and long upgrade, simple balance.
Just like blasters and guardians, the true value comes after you overcome all the pain.
Plus, did you read the compile time and disk space?

Cost have never been a proper way to balance anything. Space wise, yes, but if you can get full stealth off, or portal all the way in, would it matters?

Sutopia
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby Sutopia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:02 am

e1a00000 wrote:Cost have never been a proper way to balance anything. Space wise, yes, but if you can get full stealth off, or portal all the way in, would it matters?


Now here comes a guy not calculating the cost of striking :lol:
Okay get your level 15 ICE wall and come hack me ...

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby e1a00000 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:26 am

Sutopia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:Cost have never been a proper way to balance anything. Space wise, yes, but if you can get full stealth off, or portal all the way in, would it matters?


Now here comes a guy not calculating the cost of striking :lol:
Okay get your level 15 ICE wall and come hack me ...

I live off by hacking others lol.
Idk if you are in my level range, but if you are, that's a really bad challenge lol.

User avatar
[RECAP]
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:43 am
Location: KEPLER-186F [27.430290] [-40.781250]

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby [RECAP] » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 am

e1a00000 wrote:
Sutopia wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:Cost have never been a proper way to balance anything. Space wise, yes, but if you can get full stealth off, or portal all the way in, would it matters?


Now here comes a guy not calculating the cost of striking :lol:
Okay get your level 15 ICE wall and come hack me ...

I live off by hacking others lol.
Idk if you are in my level range, but if you are, that's a really bad challenge lol.



Attack me too :lol:

4 threads full working on four nodes...means no way to spend money.....and it's filling up...

I no need of it...rep near 100~200
Image

"I could have made you homeles.
I could have made you penniless.
I can pay people with tour AmEx or your bank account.
I am you."

Dan tetler

WE are the only security hole...

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby e1a00000 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:38 pm

[RECAP] wrote:
e1a00000 wrote:
Sutopia wrote:
Now here comes a guy not calculating the cost of striking :lol:
Okay get your level 15 ICE wall and come hack me ...

I live off by hacking others lol.
Idk if you are in my level range, but if you are, that's a really bad challenge lol.



Attack me too :lol:

4 threads full working on four nodes...means no way to spend money.....and it's filling up...

I no need of it...rep near 100~200


I dropped to sub 400 yesterday. Man the bases are bad....
3 full thread here too m8. :/ People complain bout 3 mil, then again it's us that make their 3mil too hard to get in the first place

User avatar
anatolygm
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby anatolygm » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:15 am

Hello! Maybe this idea was posted earlier, but i'm too lazy to read 24 pages (sorry).
I think it'll be usefull to make such option as saving of compilation presets.
It'll be usefull at least in cause of different quest targets - hacking in stealth mode or using brute force, making your way through some special type of nodes. These objectives can be reached with specific program presets (if only player doesn't have a gigantic library).
I am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise

idanmo
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby idanmo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:20 am

A few ideas from a lovely game I used to play (Clash Royale):
* Testing your own network layout
* A lot more programs with different purpose
* More types of nodes or more business/security/hacking

And I'll glad for the option to convert B Coins <--> Money.

Another idea for business node is something like deposit safe: automatically % of your money or b coin saved and protected.
Very high cost to buy and upgrade.

- Do they actually read it or we just write for nothing?

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby e1a00000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Make 2nd database a level 8 core upgrade req.
This changes nothing, we would just have much less confused newbies.


Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests