Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Hackercritic

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by Hackercritic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 am

Another note, it would be nice if, we are viewing a base via a retrace, when we disconnect, we are brought back to the security log page instead, rather than back to the base and I have to click the button again to view more retraces.

Nanix

Post by Nanix » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Hackercritic wrote:We should be allowed to save a total of at least 2 network layouts. If I want to test a new layout, I don't want to destroy my old layout yet in case I want to change back to it. Also, as mentioned in another post, allow us to view the remaining b coins we have while developing programs. Finally, allowing us to see in our own base, aside from how many nodes a node can connect to, but also how many programs an attacker can install into a node when attacking. Let's us plan our defense better.
Actually there is a way to solve that first problem. If you go to the rebuild section, then save a screenshot of each said layout you create, you can go back to the rebuild section anytime and recreate such things (although it would be time consuming, but then again, so is the game itself). The rest I do agree with, it would be helpful.

Also to put in my own two bits on the updates, perhaps the kraken should have a slight damage nerf, so many people are running around with a program that simply glides past everything with destruction in its wake. It should require a little more than that in my opinion. Just a thought.
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

Hackercritic

Post by Hackercritic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Nanix wrote:
Hackercritic wrote:We should be allowed to save a total of at least 2 network layouts. If I want to test a new layout, I don't want to destroy my old layout yet in case I want to change back to it. Also, as mentioned in another post, allow us to view the remaining b coins we have while developing programs. Finally, allowing us to see in our own base, aside from how many nodes a node can connect to, but also how many programs an attacker can install into a node when attacking. Let's us plan our defense better.
Actually there is a way to solve that first problem. If you go to the rebuild section, then save a screenshot of each said layout you create, you can go back to the rebuild section anytime and recreate such things (although it would be time consuming, but then again, so is the game itself). The rest I do agree with, it would be helpful.

Also to put in my own two bits on the updates, perhaps the kraken should have a slight damage nerf, so many people are running around with a program that simply glides past everything with destruction in its wake. It should require a little more than that in my opinion. Just a thought.
Well i could definitely do the screenshot method, but it would take up valuable memory as well as the fact that screenshots don't let you view from different angles to get a better view. Besides, how am i supposed to view a screenshot from my phone and modify the layout from my phone at the same time haha XD. Best and easiest method is for the game to allow saving of networks. To beat the kraken, just put core outside base, sure you lose some rep, but most players raid for resources and won't bother with attacking an exposed core unless its for an achievement or something. After which you can just hack those rep points back easily.

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:51 am

Kingofsnipers pointed out that I should have posted this here...

I think in a future update we need to have a relatively short idle timer. A user should be kicked if they don't touch their screen for 5-10 min.

Many games in this genre have a timeout for inactivity to prevent people guarding resources by taking screenlock off or other means.

My hope is that this would lead to more attackable targets that are actually worth the resources. Otherwise a user can just leave their phone idle between compiles until they achieve their builds for the day and log off with minimal resources risked.

I minimize my phone between attacks and I somehow manage to survive even if my resources get grabbed.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:53 pm

it be kinda cool too, if there was like an option to chat with your hacker. in otherwords, your chyllen at ya crib, and you decide to go on your phone and check out your network. oh Sh*t theres someone hacking me. well I cant see them actually hacking my network but I can go ahead and chat with them and kinda give em a mind f*ck. lol cuz in reality if someone was hacking my system and my network tells me im being hacked im pretty sure id be smart and capable enough to chat with my hacker.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

L0Ki

Post by L0Ki » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:09 pm

I think it would be great if we had teams and a team network. We would have to have a chat feed to communicate and create defensive plans to protect the network when we are offline. The team would also attack other team networks for money and B coins that could be used on our own networks and our team network.

I was also wondering if it would be a good idea to defend a country or organization as a team and solo. These attacks could be followed by Breaking News with video and audio of it. Plus on the Globe it could show areas under control of the country or organization you are fighting/hacking for and areas that are contested or under the other country or organizations control.

Any thoughts

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:05 am

LadTy wrote:
Luminaar wrote:I'd like for the Ice Wall and Protector programs to show how much more they can absorb
When you install one of those, an indicator of this spawns around the base of that particular node. [...] This way (when it's shown directly on the node), you can see it's status no matter what node you have selected, which is needed especially with larger networks if you happen to fight on multiple spots at once.
Just to rehash this since someone asked about it on the forums. Would it be possible to have both? :) The indicator under the node is perfect, as you say, for seeing the shield strength when not looking at a node. It would be nice to have specific information (if only something similar to installing animation) for when you *are* targetting that node.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Trivers

Post by Trivers » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 pm

I would like have the ability to put some programs into 'offline storage'. Maybe a quarter the size of the library. So I could store programs I don't need on an attack and switch out for useful programs. I find that half the people I attack I don't need kraken. That's 21 programs points that are wasted. I can delete them, but I lose the money put into them. I think either a new node type or add it to the core.

lovepreet

Post by lovepreet » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:21 pm

It would be best to add alliance or you can name it virus. Alliance should to added to this game . In alliance we can chat and make a group bad attack other group for bcoins and money.

Trivers

Post by Trivers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:32 pm

I like the alliance or group aspect. But instead of just allowing us to attack other people, have group runs against one huge computer run enemy. Simultaneously. Like 5 on 1.

Or individually but within an hour or a day. But have the damage done remain.