Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
RedKarma

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Post by RedKarma » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:12 pm

We need a shield after getting hacked. I cant seem to save up. I had 220k gold and got hit twice in under 30mins. First time for 68k and second for 46k which brought me downto under 110k... Its crazy that i am unable to save up enough to upgrade my nodes anymore due to having an open target on me whenever i have a lot of gold. Please implement shields after getting hacked.

HCX - DReaD

Post by HCX - DReaD » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:16 pm

RedKarma wrote:We need a shield after getting hacked. I cant seem to save up. I had 220k gold and got hit twice in under 30mins. First time for 68k and second for 46k which brought me downto under 110k... Its crazy that i am unable to save up enough to upgrade my nodes anymore due to having an open target on me whenever i have a lot of gold. Please implement shields after getting hacked.
And then every player will have shield in 1~2 days. No one can attack or be attacked anymore. Game will die since there's nothing else to do. Need more player base first before we can have auto-shield.

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:32 am

Will there be any new viruses? I mean, nothing beyond Maniac or Portals. But something in the middle, to diversify hacking strategies.

shadowed

Post by shadowed » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:24 pm

1. Add phone notifications for:
-Hacked
-Resource generator full

2. Limit hacks by attacker to same player to 1/day (or some period). This leaves the network open to hacks by others, but removes the possibility of someone griefing the player into the ground.

3. Secure savings: some upgradeable portion of resource banks can't be stolen.

4. Make stealth truly stealth: hide the attacker's identity.

None of these would break the game and might greatly improve it IMO.

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm

How about adding a "access log"?
Something like
2016-10-25 00:00:00 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx USA

Knowing how many ppl "watched" your network without giving a try would be fun :lol: :lol: :twisted:

LulzSec

Post by LulzSec » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 am

I agree that there should be a community that can share income with each other. As in a group of a few hackers together. ^_^ like really that would make the game a lot more interesting.

-51gn h3r3-

rutwiksp99

Post by rutwiksp99 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 am

The idea of letting us, the gamers, hack our own networks in trial mode, is quite good. It'll give us all an idea about how our respective bases hold up against attacks. And since we know all the weak points of our networks, we can test those points against attacks, and then develop the network farther.

Akronno

Post by Akronno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 am

For the love of God, filter out those who are online when trying to attack someone else.

Hapanett

Post by Hapanett » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:28 pm

I know it will take time but if we can create Hacker Groups like Anonymous and we can declare cyber war or something and if there would be place that we can search a gamer and look the network and send a message i know the game is new there is soo many things to improve and i can't wait to see thoose also the game must support different languages. For example Turkish ppl are very addict to games if the game support Turkis language you'll see that soo many ppl will join the cyber war. Thank you :)

CovertHoax

Post by CovertHoax » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Hey guys,
So I haven't been playing long, but seriously love the game and its concept so far.

Just read through about 8 pages of this thread so far to get a idea of what people were thinking and I've had a few ideas I thought the Admins/Devs may like.

I'm actually a developer myself and so I know some things take quite some time to create, implement and bug test, and I can see quite a few people asking for some pretty big ideas, sadly I'll be adding to that list haha

One thing I have spotted and it kind of bugs me is that when attacking and you have a node in your control and you attach a "beam cannon" to it, the cannon will attack what it wants, however some times I'm sat there wishing I could tell it to attack something different.

So here's the idea
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to select the node and then drag an attack command from one node to another to say "attack this node first"
That's the simple solution to the thing that bugs me :)

That or maybe make it so you can code your own custom malware.
- You would have a new node that you build in the base called "Malware IDE"
- When you open it you get a "Create Malware" button.
- Pressing it opens up a menu where you can choose what it does: Protects (IceWall) Attacks (Beam Cannon)
- When you choose "Attack" you chose the type of attack: Single Node, Multi Node
- After type you chose Power: Low attack - Constant beam, Medium attack - Intermittent strikes, Strong attack - Slow blast
- With Single Node attacks you can also then chose what to target first with a list of most important to least
- Then you name it and save it ready to build...

Depending on how the malware is created (Type,power etc) depends on build time and cost.
These designs can then be saved and edited in the "Malware IDE" and take time to research.
Attacking a players "Malware IDE" can end up with you gaining a malware design that they have and if you like the look of it you can research it for less time than normal, and then build it.
[/EndIdea]

This adds to the fact that we are supposed to be hacking people and so it gives us more control over how we hack along with more creativeness... so rather than sitting there waiting for things to be built we can be designing malware ideas and testing them.

The same thing could be done with defensive structures.. so rather than building a standard tower, you could create a "defense program" that you build and attach to your system to help defend.

It all adds to the "hacker/programmer" like experience and also makes the game have a few more creative elements to it, meaning its more than "play for 30 minutes then wait for things to be built" kinda game.

Thats just one idea for now :)