Possible Easter egg???

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Possible Easter egg???

Postby Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:31 am

Silken wrote:I think this is probably the case and it's a play on words. i.e the scanner one is the one you scan and the core images are the ones that are the 'core' of the image. Therefore you need to place the smaller parts into the scanner template. Maybe all together or one at a time.
I like where this is going ...
Aeroflex wrote:Theory: what if we try to make the scanner grid look like one of the ones displayed by the core? Has this been tested?
Luminaar wrote:I've already tried having the board full, as well as having the board empty, to no avail. :| I've tried to duplicate one of the Core patterns, but haven't succeeded yet!
I can't seem to get a perfect match :( Always one or two blocks off. They *are* the same size, 11x11 pixels. Hopefully someone can do it :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Silken

Postby Silken » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:09 pm

When you get the scanner one up, you can click on it and in turns squares black and white. i.e you can make a code.

However, there a two many combination for it to make sense.

Honestly i think it's just a bit of fun and we are looking too much into it.

The core one also has too many different pictures for a puzzle.

I'm giving up. Spent an hour clicking on squares. :?
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

anowlcalledjosh

Postby anowlcalledjosh » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:48 pm

I found several patterns that will cause 64 bits of binary to appear at the bottom of the screen. Each pattern outputs different binary, but the same pattern always gives the same binary.

Some of the patterns appear to be related to each other, and some are very close to the ones outputted by the core, but as far as I know nobody has managed to totally replicate a pattern from the core into the scanner.

Haancellzifor

Postby Haancellzifor » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Couldn't it be a variation of the Game of Life ?

anowlcalledjosh

Postby anowlcalledjosh » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Haancellzifor wrote:Couldn't it be a variation of the Game of Life ?

How do you mean? It's a grid, but that's all it has in common with Life - it's more like a game of Lights Out.

Littleguy1138

Potential Easter Egg

Postby Littleguy1138 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 pm

When on the screen where you can upgrade and view all of your nodes, if you hold down the scanner for a certain amount of time you will see some dialogue and if you hold it long enough a box will appear. The box resembles a QR code type thing and can be exited out of, also you can edit the box by pressing inside the box and changing parts of it from white to black. My theory is that if someone can make the right QR code something will happen in the game. I would like to ask everyone to give it a shot and check it out for themselves, let's see if this is something important!

Alpha-Killer

Postby Alpha-Killer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 am

I was able to screenshot one code from the core and copy it to the scanner. It revealed this:
Translate this into text, and you get:
������5

I'm speculating that there's seven different codes the core shows. Each time you copy one code to the scanner, you get a binary code that then reveals one number. This then creates a seven number "password." I'm assuming this "password" could be used in the redeem bonus, or maybe in the readme messages to do something.

Looking forward to solving this puzzle. :shock: :geek:
Alpha-Killer
Level 40+ 8-)
Happy Hacking!

Staven

Postby Staven » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:34 am

Alpha-Killer wrote:I was able to screenshot one code from the core and copy it to the scanner. It revealed this:
Translate this into text, and you get:
������5

I'm speculating that there's seven different codes the core shows. Each time you copy one code to the scanner, you get a binary code that then reveals one number. This then creates a seven number "password." I'm assuming this "password" could be used in the redeem bonus, or maybe in the readme messages to do something.

Looking forward to solving this puzzle. :shock: :geek:

How did you go from the 62 characters to 7 integers? Also, I will be attempting to solve these puzzles as well so would you mind posting which code you completed so I don't accidentally repeat them? Finally, my thanks to everyone because this is no easy puzzle and it's impressive on how far we've come without any guidance.
IGN: Staven
Level: 22
Rep: 768
(Updated 10/24/16)

Alpha-Killer

Postby Alpha-Killer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Staven wrote:How did you go from the 62 characters to 7 integers? Also, I will be attempting to solve these puzzles as well so would you mind posting which code you completed so I don't accidentally repeat them? Finally, my thanks to everyone because this is no easy puzzle and it's impressive on how far we've come without any guidance.

The 62 characters is in binary. If you don't know how to read binary, then Google a binary to text converter. You'll end up with seven digits.

I'm not going to post the code I did because I want someone else to try the same code, and see if they get the same result. For all we know, the devs made the final seven numbers different on every account to prevent people from just googling the correct answer in the future.
Alpha-Killer
Level 40+ 8-)
Happy Hacking!

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Alpha-Killer wrote: For all we know, the devs made the final seven numbers different on every account to prevent people from just googling the correct answer in the future.
That would be amazing!

I'm still struggling to find a code I can replicate :( Have gone through about 10 so far - decimal 10, not binary 10 :P - but struggled to get a single one completed. Still not giving up though!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”