Possible Easter egg???

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Possible Easter egg???

Post by Luminaar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:03 am

How're you guys getting on? :)

Did you know there are more nodes than just the Core that does something like this? ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

dfnuts

Post by dfnuts » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Luminaar wrote:How're you guys getting on? :)

Did you know there are more nodes than just the Core that does something like this? ;)
Now come on, a little bit of a hint on to whch other nodes pull up this possible easter egg.

PRETTY PLEASE! :D
We are a collective entity.
We are all and all is us.
We move throughout society influencing and creating thoughts as to navigate the intellectual collective through existence.
We are life, we are thought.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:16 am

dfnuts wrote:PRETTY PLEASE! :D
Now now, no spoilers. At least, not straight away - will give folks a day or so to have the fun themselves :) But, since you said please, I'll PM you :D

I do hope someone is still trying to suss something out with this - there's been some great thoughts so far! Given how fast Trickster and LadTy are at responding (seriously, you guys rock), I find the lack of comments in this thread somewhat of an confirmation that there is indeed *something* :lol:
Last edited by Luminaar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

M1st3rR0b0t

Post by M1st3rR0b0t » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:18 am

Hold down the scanner it activates a mindsweeper style minigame thing idk.
Hold finger on scanner for 7 secondsand keep it there

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:53 am

We have a winner! Alright then, on to the testing :D

I've already tried having the board full, as well as having the board empty, to no avail. :| I've tried to duplicate one of the Core patterns, but haven't succeeded yet :P
M1st3rR0b0t wrote:Take screen shots of each code. Crop out ... Etc
Still interested in the results of this, and of them being smaller parts of a larger QR code or something. :)

Keep it going folks!

Aeroflex

Post by Aeroflex » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 am

Luminaar wrote:How're you guys getting on? :)

I've been tapping and holding all the nodes in my network for hours ;_; please tell me what else I can do XD

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:38 am

Aeroflex wrote:I've been tapping and holding all the nodes in my network for hours ;_; please tell me what else I can do XD
Try holding down the Scanner :)

Aeroflex

Post by Aeroflex » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 am

Luminaar wrote:
Aeroflex wrote:I've been tapping and holding all the nodes in my network for hours ;_; please tell me what else I can do XD
Try holding down the Scanner :)
Ty ty :) I'll be sure to try when it's finally installed! I been meaning to put one in my network for a while now!

Aeroflex

Post by Aeroflex » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:59 am

Theory: what if we try to make the scanner grid look like one of the ones displayed by the core? Has this been tested?

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:04 am

Luminaar wrote:Still interested in the results of this, and of them being smaller parts of a larger QR code or something. :)

Keep it going folks!
I think this is probably the case and it's a play on words. i.e the scanner one is the one you scan and the core images are the ones that are the 'core' of the image. Therefore you need to place the smaller parts into the scanner template. Maybe all together or one at a time.

I just can't be bothered to do it. :D
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o