Possible Easter egg???

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
redhorse

Re: Possible Easter egg???

Post by redhorse » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:31 pm

Luminaar wrote:The single binary code I've revealed was an accidental one while trying to recreate a code. On translation, it returned 8 letters and zero numbers. I don't believe you'd have to go to the trouble of generating plenty of red herring codes. Maybe there's just a second checksum to weed out accidental codes that coincidentally fit the bill?
So do you think these codes from slightly off patterns are useless?

All of the codes I translated had letters or common symbols like '!' or '`'. Of the four I have none had numbers.

M1st3rR0b0t

Post by M1st3rR0b0t » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 am

Luminaar wrote:
Prochlub wrote:Redeem code is only in the android version (in the options window). Probably because prelaunch.me is only for android afaik.
Ahh. Yeah, there's nothing like that on iPad options. On the plus side, I guess that truly does rule out the Reedem Code box as being relevant to the puzzle. Ya know, in case the screenshot above was another red herring 8-)
The redeem code box does taunt the hell out of you the final message when entered wrong
is "control is an illusion."

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:46 am

I think it's a BIDI code but I'm not sure

:?:

M0ToR

Post by M0ToR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:29 am

Core needs 7+ taps to show a picture, Scanner needs 7+ seconds to show a canvas where you can draw this picture XORing cross patterns. Do you see where I'm going with this?

dfnuts

Post by dfnuts » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 am

M0ToR wrote:Core needs 7+ taps to show a picture, Scanner needs 7+ seconds to show a canvas where you can draw this picture XORing cross patterns. Do you see where I'm going with this?
No.

Please explain further.
We are a collective entity.
We are all and all is us.
We move throughout society influencing and creating thoughts as to navigate the intellectual collective through existence.
We are life, we are thought.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:24 am

redhorse wrote:So do you think these codes from slightly off patterns are useless?
Honestly, I wouldn't rule anything out at this point: we've been stalled on the code = results thing for a while now it seems. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

redhorse

Post by redhorse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Has anyone tried to figure out how to get a core pattern into the scanner using a matrix? There's plenty of info on how to solve 'lights out' puzzles using a matrix. This seems like its just lights out backwards so instead of setting the system equal to a blank grid you could set the system equal to the pattern you want to achieve. Unfortunately my math skills with matrices are haphazard and it would take considerable effort to figure out if you can solve it backwards in this way. Or maybe you can set the system equal to a black out grid where all lights are on and find the state, as button presses proceed, in between the lights off and the lights on that fits any of the patterns found. That would probably take a program to sift through them all though. Like I said I'm not amazing in this area of math so just thoughts.

I'm stuck in trying to input a pattern from the core just because at this time there doesnt seem to be any other puzzle pieces to play with. The binary codes could possibly be compared but we need a lot of them or a key to decode them further. I've translated them into all sorts of other bases and codes and nothing is clear so the simple path is probably more likely. A successful pattern input would be telling. There must be a place to input data/codes other than the scanner (read me on core?) or the scanner is the place to do it.

For the person who brought up XORing, I see why you would suggest it since there are only two states for any one square but when you tap a square you change 1, 3, or 5 squares at once (3 because of corners excluding border, 1 because of border). To consider XOR as the means to find a solution seems rather complicated.

jaycones

Post by jaycones » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 am

Ok I managed to replicate the first pattern displayed by tapping core numerous times and replicating it in the scanner matrix and binary appeared at bottom of matrix. Now what? Converting the 64 digit binary got me nowhere. Stumbled on another load of binary when trying to replicate the second pattern :/

redhorse

Post by redhorse » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 pm

This is where we are all stuck.

So you replicated a pattern exactly in the scanner or only partially?

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 pm

redhorse wrote:This is where we are all stuck.

So you replicated a pattern exactly in the scanner or only partially?
Yup, still here too. Have managed to grab plenty of codes from partials, but nothing that really makes sense. And even if it did, we still need to know what to do with the end result ....

I get the feeling there's somewhere else hidden that we have to put stuff. After stumbling upon the "hold" for the scanner, plus the original "tap/press" for the core, what else could be tried where?

Still got huge faith in us managing to suss this though, even though the thread has died a little recently. Anyone made any other progress?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.