Confused about failed defences

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Confused about failed defences

Post by Mchief » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:57 am

OK I'm confused, as you could guess the last few hacks against me have broken through I have had a lot of rep dumped on me so I get hit by the big guys.

Here's the thing from what I have been told if you get full hacked 30% of your total resources get taken, I got hacked twice last night and each attack took 7000-8000 BC now doing the math that should mean that I had 24000~ BC for both hacks, when I logged on I had less than 12000 including what was on my farms.

Don't these numbers seem off or has the amount you can take been increased? Or am I missing something?

Taczi

Re: Confused about failed defences

Post by Taczi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Maybe missing the fact that farms produced new resources during the time? Just a guess.

DV8ER

Post by DV8ER » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Taczi wrote:Maybe missing the fact that farms produced new resources during the time? Just a guess.
A decent guess. Mchief what level are you and what level are your bcoin/money production nodes as well as how many of each?

Regardless the numbers do seem off to me as well.
-DV8ER

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 am

Aye, I looked over this too, and while it could be plausible, given a certain period of time, something does seem a little off. Stats, time of attacks and other info would help!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Post by Mchief » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Sorry for delay at the time I was level 40, 945 rep, and I had three of each business node around 17-18 in size.

I'm well aware that they could have generated more res over the night but what concerns me is that the last attack took 7000 BC, which by all rights means I should have had 23000 before hack approx. Which means that after hack I should have had 16000 , when I logged in the next morning and harvested all my nodes I had less than 12000.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Mchief wrote:Sorry for delay at the time I was level 40, 945 rep, and I had three of each business node around 17-18 in size.

I'm well aware that they could have generated more res over the night but what concerns me is that the last attack took 7000 BC, which by all rights means I should have had 23000 before hack approx. Which means that after hack I should have had 16000 , when I logged in the next morning and harvested all my nodes I had less than 12000.
It's hard to say exactly without speculating. My gut reaction says that there's an attack missing from the Security Log, and that you suffered an additional 30% loss (16000 - 30% = 11800) that isn't showing, but I'm just throwing ideas out here :)

When you watch a replay, it will show the total amount available to loot on the left hand side, and, after the attack it will show the amount that was looted. Could you check the replays to see if it matches up to 30%? (If it matches, then we can then move on to whether the game thinks you have more resources than you had at the time. If it shows more than 30%, then there's a specific time/date that can be looked at for the error.)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

DV8ER

Post by DV8ER » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Mchief wrote:Sorry for delay at the time I was level 40, 945 rep, and I had three of each business node around 17-18 in size.

It's hard to say exactly without speculating. My gut reaction says that there's an attack missing from the Security Log, and that you suffered an additional 30% loss (16000 - 30% = 11800) that isn't showing, but I'm just throwing ideas out here :)

When you watch a replay, it will show the total amount available to loot on the left hand side, and, after the attack it will show the amount that was looted. Could you check the replays to see if it matches up to 30%? (If it matches, then we can then move on to whether the game thinks you have more resources than you had at the time. If it shows more than 30%, then there's a specific time/date that can be looked at for the error.)
Nice, I will keep an eye on that and let you guys know what I find.
-DV8ER