Post by Hell_Diguner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:25 am

The max is 20 messages in your ReadMe
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

PerseVerAnce

Re: Couple of questions

Post by PerseVerAnce » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 pm

This is my calculation of Blaster vs Code Gate. Numbers are from the wiki.

The results are in terms of the number of seconds needed to take down the Code Gate given only a single Blaster. Assumed no regeneration for simplicity, so actual time may be higher. Results aren't rounded to the 3.5 seconds charge time per attack. Results do not include installation time.

TimeNeeded = Firewall / ((1 - Filter) * BlasterDPS)

[Removed because the calculations were misleading. Sorry about that!]

In conclusion, it seems like there is definitely a dropoff of the effectiveness of the Blaster. There is no data for level 20 and level 21 Blaster, but through interpolation, a level 21 Blaster vs a level 21 Code Gate may take roughly 20 seconds longer than a level 5 Blaster vs a level 5 Code Gate.
Last edited by PerseVerAnce on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 pm

PerseVerAnce wrote:This is my calculation of Blaster vs Code Gate. Numbers are from the wiki.

The results are in terms of the number of seconds needed to take down the Code Gate given only a single Blaster. Assumed no regeneration for simplicity, so actual time may be higher. Results aren't rounded to the 3.5 seconds charge time per attack. Results do not include installation time.

TimeNeeded = Firewall / ((1 - Filter) * BlasterDPS)

In conclusion, it seems like there is definitely a dropoff of the effectiveness of the Blaster. There is no data for level 20 and level 21 Blaster, but through interpolation, a level 21 Blaster vs a level 21 Code Gate may take roughly 20 seconds longer than a level 5 Blaster vs a level 5 Code Gate.
All of your numbers seem to be wrong. You're off by about 5 to 10 seconds. I guess install time and firewall regen makes a big difference :S

The magic number when using blaster or 3x beams against code gate is 4. Just remember that and you will be fine.

PerseVerAnce

Post by PerseVerAnce » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Yopee wrote: All of your numbers seem to be wrong. You're off by about 5 to 10 seconds. I guess install time and firewall regen makes a big difference :S

The magic number when using blaster or 3x beams against code gate is 4. Just remember that and you will be fine.
Never mind, I am wrong. The regeneration makes a pretty big difference.

Sorry about that!
Last edited by PerseVerAnce on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:19 am

Yopee wrote:I guess install time and firewall regen makes a big difference :S
Have finally got round to pushing forward that update in my calculator. Calculator now takes Blasters, Shurikens, Beams, Battering Rams, Regen and Blaster Stun into account :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=840
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 am

Luminaar wrote:
Yopee wrote:I guess install time and firewall regen makes a big difference :S
Have finally got round to pushing forward that update in my calculator. Calculator now takes Blasters, Shurikens, Beams, Battering Rams, Regen and Blaster Stun into account :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=840
Good job Mr. Wiki.

Now if I wasn't so lazy and actually bothered to use it...

XD

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:04 am

Such lethargy <3 Next update needs to include a thought mapper? ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 am

Cool, thanks everyone. And I'll check out that calculator once I feel like installing that office program I guess. Looks good though Mr. Wiki.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)