Couple of questions

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
GamerNeo

Couple of questions

Post by GamerNeo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

So I've been trying to find a white color for the Readme files but all I get is the same standard Grey ie: ffffff. Anyone care to share what the code for bright white is?

I've always preferred using blasters over rams, at high levels are they still good vs code gates? I'm asking about level 21 gates vs 21 blasters approximately, so I don't go all in on blasters if they are too slow later on.

What is the max rep that should you be at to unlock all the missions?

Thanks for whatever info you can give.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

bogdan1945

Re: Couple of questions

Post by bogdan1945 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:05 pm

GamerNeo wrote:So I've been trying to find a white color for the Readme files but all I get is the same standard Grey ie: ffffff. Anyone care to share what the code for bright white is?

I've always preferred using blasters over rams, at high levels are they still good vs code gates? I'm asking about level 21 gates vs 21 blasters approximately, so I don't go all in on blasters if they are too slow later on.

i'm not sure about ram or blaster being faster really late although i think ram (and btw lategame disc space is huge so you can have more rams like 2 for each codegate same with blaster) but what i know is that lategame sentry on high level codegates hurts a ton and blaster blocks 2 ticks of it every hit so i think it really is on prefference oh and lategame blaster's a good choice for normal chokepoints too again that freeze matters

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

bogdan1945 wrote:
GamerNeo wrote:So I've been trying to find a white color for the Readme files but all I get is the same standard Grey ie: ffffff. Anyone care to share what the code for bright white is?

i'm not sure about ram or blaster being faster really late although i think ram (and btw lategame disc space is huge so you can have more rams like 2 for each codegate same with blaster) but what i know is that lategame sentry on high level codegates hurts a ton and blaster blocks 2 ticks of it every hit so i think it really is on prefference oh and lategame blaster's a good choice for normal chokepoints too again that freeze matters
Yeah thanks, that's the reasons why I prefer blaster. The versatility plus compile time vs the ram which only works on gates/guardian shields.
I'm only level 23 atm so blaster level 5 is great but I haven't even developed the ram yet lol.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Bright white is [c] instead of the colour modifier.

Endgame rams are looking to be massively good vs endgame code gates, taking a filter down in 3 hits. The Filter % is really high vs standard damage, although the Blaster Stun can still work really well if your Protector level wouldn't be strong enough to hold the node normally, and you can still make decent time through a network.

Old info suggested the last missions opening up at 1000 rep. There were other contributing factors though, so take that last bit with a pinch of salt. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Luminaar wrote:

Bright white is [c] instead of the colour modifier.

Endgame rams are looking to be massively good vs endgame code gates, taking a filter down in 3 hits. The Filter % is really high vs standard damage, although the Blaster Stun can still work really well if your Protector level wouldn't be strong enough to hold the node normally, and you can still make decent time through a network.

Old info suggested the last missions opening up at 1000 rep. There were other contributing factors though, so take that last bit with a pinch of salt. :)
Wow, thank you Luminaar, for everything.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 am

I just finally tested my blaster18 fresh from the evolver and double blaster is actually viable against a gate19-21. It will for sure take longer than double ram so if you are short on time then you're kinda screwed using double blaster.

However, that only applies to double blaster. If you can go one on one against a gate then you can actually do triple blaster.

Oh and blaster completely wrecks guardian core. Ram is garbage against those.

So basically blaster is a better mid to low difficulty base tool because more economical. Ram is better for the tough bases where you will be short on time against the gates.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 am

Yopee wrote:I just finally tested my blaster18 fresh from the evolver and double blaster is actually viable against a gate19-21. It will for sure take longer than double ram so if you are short on time then you're kinda screwed using double blaster.

However, that only applies to double blaster. If you can go one on one against a gate then you can actually do triple blaster.

Oh and blaster completely wrecks guardian core. Ram is garbage against those.

So basically blaster is a better mid to low difficulty base tool because more economical. Ram is better for the tough bases where you will be short on time against the gates.
Ah I wondered if it was worth using a ram against a guardian. Didn't think about the core vs Blaster, but that just makes it even better lol. Although using 2 or more blasters is almost as bad as waiting for a ram.

Thanks for the info, I'll start leveling rams once I get another library.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Compiling two blasters is still faster and cheaper than one ram (unless your blaster out levels your ram by a lot) so it's worth it.

Until you have like ram15+, you would probably use double ram on gate19+ for any base that's not a complete walk in the park. Two rams would be equivalent to four blasters.

The part that really saves you compile time and coins is double/triple blaster saves you ice walls and protector but ram must have something to hold its hand the entire time followed by beam/shuriken to finish the gate off.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:13 am

Another couple questions:

What is the maximum number of Readme files before the old ones start getting deleted? I could test myself but don't want to delete the old ones yet if I don't have to.

SPOILER!

If I hack Marty, who tells me about new skins unlocked? Plus he has helped me so not sure I want to throw him under the bus if there are further missions from him.

GamerNeo

Post by GamerNeo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:21 am

So on the wiki it says you break Marty out. Guess I'll be a cutthroat then.