Connection Interruption != Failed Hack >:(

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Hell_Diguner

Connection Interruption != Failed Hack >:(

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 am

I'm sick of loosing wi-fi connection for half a second during the pre-hack phase and having that target removed from the world map or retrace list. The default behavior should be "hack never started," not "hack failed" :x
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

edita

Re: Connection Interruption != Failed Hack >:(

Post by edita » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:32 pm

+1

EmGooser

Post by EmGooser » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm

This could be exploited. For example if you were failing badly you could just quickly turn on airplane mode.

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:17 pm

I didn't think I'd have to explain that you should loose 'immunity' once the server recognizes you've placed a program :roll:

And before someone asks, the programs you use are sent to the servers every ten seconds or so. How do I know? I've also lost connection mid-hack. Oddly, if there's a hiccup mid-hack, the game gives you about 5 seconds to reestablish connection (wi-fi symbol appears in the middle of the screen to indicate this), rather than immediately booting you.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

EmGooser

Post by EmGooser » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:I didn't think I'd have to explain that you should loose 'immunity' once the server recognizes you've placed a program :roll:

And before someone asks, the programs you use are sent to the servers every ten seconds or so. How do I know? I've also lost connection mid-hack. Oddly, if there's a hiccup mid-hack, the game gives you about 5 seconds to reestablish connection (wi-fi symbol appears in the middle of the screen to indicate this), rather than immediately booting you.
That is fair, as long as it only applies to pre-hacking it shouldn't break anything.