17%
No.
83%

Total votes: 23

SniperK

Lets Make It A Poll Then

Postby SniperK » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Read first:

If you agree with what I say, simply put down A, and then you can add whatever you want.
If you dont tend to agree, put down B, youll be appreciated as well as A'ers.

So here we go.

As it is said on official hackers fb page, "Constructive feedback is always welcome, we listen and do our best to find most suitable solutions." Lets see what people think on this change in search engine.

1. I dont trend to judge a thing by the logic and beautiful story behind it, I simply judge it by if it works well. All I know is that my hunting is getting difficult more the ever and all my friends and other players would say the same. Most discordians are between 45-55, most players I see in FB group are like 20-30. Even Laz expressed that hes shocked by a whole bunch of 45+ lvls on his globe while hes 38. So far I have not seen a single player who tends to agree with this change. If you shall be my first, please, by all means put down a "B"

2. I have gained more than 1200 reps for the last two days, which I do not want. And I believe high rep gives high benefit is now in need, like some other COC-like games. So far what high rep brings me is 65 and 70 players whom I cant win at all. Trickster said low farming is not supported on their side, understandable, but going to another extreme is not good either.

3. It is said that we dont see the same players from our last 3 searches. I dont know what it is but thats not working for me.

4. Its been a really long time since last update we actually had something new, and we as players really appreciate some info, or at least poster teasers or something. I simply dont understand the way which Trickster did this: ignore all related requests/question. We know that small develop teams work relatively slow and designing game requires time. Respect that, really. But customer service or community interaction is another story. If you have nothing to tell or simply dont wanna tell, you can just go "Sorry nothing to share so far, please stay tuned" And we all understand. But no answer at all? Even somebody asks about it like 3 times in a row and completely ignore like hes invisible? This is beyond the subject matter and starts to get rude. This is how we as players think about it: Not getting an answer, not sure what to expect next, not sure if we should drop it.

Thats pretty much about it. We all see that Tricksters been working hard and this game is awesome. But that doesnt we dont have concerns. We do because we care.
Thank you.
No foul language pls and now debate time begins.
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

BOOMER

Re: Lets Make It A Poll Then

Postby BOOMER » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm

A
I agree with what u said but the reward system for high reputation is not enough motivation for players to try to go high reputation I think the amount that can be hacked from someone should be decreased ,im not sure how much can be hacked but I think it's about 30'/., Drop to 25-20 that will give players motivation to get high reputation and get the reward .

Silken

Postby Silken » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Well going to give it another few days and then decide if the new new changes help.

But having just seen a Level 77, erm not really sure. :shock:

If we have to fight higher levels, then so be it, but maybe give us a break on training times. 10% reduction.

And honestly maybe cash farming willl be ok, but I barely broke even on bitcoin.

No idea how to farm 250k bitcoin, no idea.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Cheeese

Postby Cheeese » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:24 am

With farming becoming near impossible, it's clear that the devs want us to pay more real $$ for credits.

This is unfortunate. Pay to play, or go away is the result.

Pixie

Postby Pixie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 am

LadTy said that they changed the search system again but it's pretty much the same. Just not seeing the L70s now. Would be real nice if they revert to the old system if they dont want to upset the majority of players.

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 am

Cheeese wrote:it's clear that the devs want us to pay more real $$ for credits.

Once again. The search engine was changed mainly because lot of high level players were searching in low reputation which caused significant search timeouts, database overload and overall server hiccups. As the database grew and more players were there the search simply was getting less and less stable.

Plus lot of new/mid experienced players complained that the search engine gave them players too high level targets.

These were honestly the two reasons for us to change the system. The change has some side effects though and we are glad to hear from you about them. It is Sunday and we are already/still working on improvements.

SniperK

Postby SniperK » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:30 am

SniperK wrote:Once again. The search engine was changed mainly because lot of high level players were searching in low reputation which caused significant search timeouts, database overload and overall server hiccups. As the database grew and more players were there the search simply was getting less and less stable.

Plus lot of new/mid experienced players complained that the search engine gave them players too high level targets.

These were honestly the two reasons for us to change the system. The change has some side effects though and we are glad to hear from you about them. It is Sunday and we are already/still working on improvements.

First off, we really appreciate y'all working on Sundays, we really do.

Secondly, I tend to agree with what you said about high players shouldnt be bullying low level players, like that 50 guy kimchee who always stay below 100 rep and farm on 40s. Im fine with picking up somebody on my own size, but what I dont agree with is the way you change all of this. Maybe rewarding high reps instead of pushing us to the mountain top is better? Incentives always work well aint it? We have no reward for being high rep, and we see 60s 65s 75s all the time which I cannot deal with at all, thats the total opposite of rewarding, meaning we have no incentive to go high up, instead, we avoid it. Again, this is going to another extreme to me. AT LEAST CONSIDER PUTTING REWARDS FOR HIGH REP RANKERS LIKE OTHER STRAT GAMES DO. After all whats the point of fighting for a good fame, hmm?

Great power comes with great responsibility, and epic fights should also come with epic gains. So far we have no epic gains fighting level 60s, even more than that we have no gains at all.

Thirdly, according to you some new players complain they face high players they cant win, (which is what we, non-new players, facing right now) simply tell them to drop rep and stay at where they belong, makes sense right? Low players SHOULD stay in low waters, if they decide to come high, they face greater risks, makes sense. But simply dont make us suffer from their decision they made for themselves. As we have a saying in my culture "Dont help a bunch of people by screwing the rest" If they decide to gain high rep at the start of their game career, they have nobody but themselves to blame. I know I may sound a little cold heart but thats the way it works.

Great respect for the game devs. Keep up the good work and communication, and CAN WE GET SOME INFO ON UPDATES PLEASE. Even if you simply say "We do have something new coming" thats better than saying nothing at all.[/quote]
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

NekrosStratia

Postby NekrosStratia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 pm

I just feel like my biggest problem is, I use to be able to "play" the game. Now that I am forced to attack much higher rep people, it means I get to hack 1 person (for what comes down to maybe 3-5k bitcoin's) than wait 20 minutes before I can hack the next person.

My "bug" complaint is simply...I'm literally seeing the same people... over and over again in search.

Overall, I'm not liking the "fix" for the "problems".

SniperK

Postby SniperK » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:40 pm

NekrosStratia wrote:I just feel like my biggest problem is, I use to be able to "play" the game. Now that I am forced to attack much higher rep people, it means I get to hack 1 person (for what comes down to maybe 3-5k bitcoin's) than wait 20 minutes before I can hack the next person.

My "bug" complaint is simply...I'm literally seeing the same people... over and over again in search.

Overall, I'm not liking the "fix" for the "problems".

Same for me. Too much compiling time, and seeing same few targets all the time. I guess we dont have that many high players

Lecusto

Postby Lecusto » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Voted yes. Before the change farming was the only viable way of progressing. Yet there was no real challenge in hacking and every hack was the same as the previous one.

With the new system, there is some challenge in the target I get. Now, it may happen that I fail some hacks. On the other side, my base was never hacked before, only by people 10 lvl higher. Now I get much more trials (unfortunately, some succeed) and it motivates me to update my layout.

Maybe there is still some space left for a bit of tweaking but I support this change.
Lvl: 41
Core: 10

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”