search algorithm is kinda funny after the maintenance

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
ILOVEYOU

Re: search algorithm is kinda funny after the maintenance

Post by ILOVEYOU » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 am

Yes, there are many ways the devs could tweak it, depending on their desired results. The main thing is making sure there are enough available resources for each person to go after based on the options given to them by the search engine. Giving someone the same targets over and over is no good, especially if they have too strong a base or too low resources to make an attack worthwhile.

Some challenge in the game is definitely a good thing, but grinding out millions worth of tough bases and bases which give poor rewards for time spent compiling is no fun. Need to balance challenge vs being able to make reasonable progress.

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:35 am

TBH, the journey I had in this game had been amazing! Good job on making the game so fun from low level to mid 40s.
However, once you have reached 50+, the game stops dead completely. The farming becomes harder, the bases becomes a choir to hack (even with beam21, protector20, shocker11, ram11) I can hack everything but the reward is just not enough.... It becomes a grind.
The bitcoin required to hack a base becomes higher as you hack high lvl 50s, 60s+.

Now when you add the new alg on top, I can only see pain-in-the-A bases to hack. It's not a great incentive to reward high level players by giving them an even harder time to advance.

Now my new approach is to build mines and play less Hackers per day.... there's better stuff to do than doing mindless hacks with diminishing return.

Please add in more high end contents, some raids for 40+ or 50+. Some special missions to give a boost to reward for high levels.... just anything to keep the game from going stale... Like many high level players, we are all bored to death with the same game play. You can't expect anyone to go from 35 to 60 with the same content....
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Jaystar wrote:TBH, the journey I had in this game had been amazing! Good job on making the game so fun from low level to mid 40s.
However, once you have reached 50+, the game stops dead completely. The farming becomes harder, the bases becomes a choir to hack (even with beam21, protector20, shocker11, ram11) I can hack everything but the reward is just not enough.... It becomes a grind.
The bitcoin required to hack a base becomes higher as you hack high lvl 50s, 60s+.

Now when you add the new alg on top, I can only see pain-in-the-A bases to hack. It's not a great incentive to reward high level players by giving them an even harder time to advance.

Now my new approach is to build mines and play less Hackers per day.... there's better stuff to do than doing mindless hacks with diminishing return.

Please add in more high end contents, some raids for 40+ or 50+. Some special missions to give a boost to reward for high levels.... just anything to keep the game from going stale... Like many high level players, we are all bored to death with the same game play. You can't expect anyone to go from 35 to 60 with the same content....
Post is dead on. 50+ now is brutal with new search. Getting same 2-3 targets in search multiple times, people 15-20 lvls higher than you. Next to unstable hackable. Only low targets you find are retrace hacks. 25k a search, over 300-half a mil to find a target. Lucky to get a few hacks a day. All my farms are lvl 21. Game hits a serious wall at 50. But hey at least the lvl 20-40 , aren't crying on forums anymore there getting hacked. I see so many prior quit that have been here since release in the 50s
Im also casual and the , only time I make real gains is when I 9 sec for 7 days. Currently looking for a new mobile app on play store. Hackers has no end game. Ill be around in some form
Gl to all the ogs rip sniper killer, alpha killer, jaystar gooser and anyone else I forgot.

No thanks to all the kids crying that got devs to adjust search and killed the game. Wait till 50+ you'll see and wonder where everyone went. Lol

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 am

Vnasty wrote:
Jaystar wrote:TBH, the journey I had in this game had been amazing! Good job on making the game so fun from low level to mid 40s.

Post is dead on. 50+ now is brutal with new search. Getting same 2-3 targets in search multiple times, people 15-20 lvls higher than you. Next to unstable hackable. Only low targets you find are retrace hacks. 25k a search, over 300-half a mil to find a target. Lucky to get a few hacks a day. All my farms are lvl 21. Game hits a serious wall at 50. But hey at least the lvl 20-40 , aren't crying on forums anymore there getting hacked. I see so many prior quit that have been here since release in the 50s
Im also casual and the , only time I make real gains is when I 9 sec for 7 days. Currently looking for a new mobile app on play store. Hackers has no end game. Ill be around in some form
Gl to all the ogs rip sniper killer, alpha killer, jaystar gooser and anyone else I forgot.

No thanks to all the kids crying that got devs to adjust search and killed the game. Wait till 50+ you'll see and wonder where everyone went. Lol
Funny how a while back 30 and 40 were the dead zone. And now it's 50.
Leave the game, I would enjoy feeding on your corpse, if I somehow see you at the bottom of the rep ladder.