search algorithm is kinda funny after the maintenance

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
brzytki

Re: search algorithm is kinda funny after the maintenance

Postby brzytki » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm lvl 42 with ~450 rep and yesterday i got mostly people lvl 36-44 with an occasional 50+ guy. Now after the update i searched 3 times and i got one person below lvl 40, the rest (14) were all at least a few levels above mine (lvl 45-55). I decreased my rep to slightly below 300 and now i get on average 1-2 people below lvl 40 and the rest 40-47 with an occasional 50+ per one search. That i can live with but i guess i have to drop my rep even further to get back to the farming field.

Yopee

Postby Yopee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 pm

I can confirm SnipeK's problem.

I'm at 91 rep and I found someone at 1734 rep.

Not sure if it would work the other way around for that person to be able to find me but this definitely seems broken.

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Yopee wrote:I'm at 91 rep and I found someone at 1734 rep.

This happens when the search engine literally finds noone to match your rep/lvl. (This does not mean there is noone, but searching took too long already to continue)

Yopee

Postby Yopee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Trickster wrote:
Yopee wrote:I'm at 91 rep and I found someone at 1734 rep.

This happens when the search engine literally finds noone to match your rep/lvl. (This does not mean there is noone, but searching took too long already to continue)

Well I could find other people within 10 levels and 100 rep of me. Search was instant too. It wasn't like one of those searches where it took like 10 seconds to load after pressing the button.

Either way, doesn't make sense that someone at 91 rep can find a top 5 player on the leaderboard. At least in my opinion.

I'm level 51 btw if that helps.

Silken

Postby Silken » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Still beening dumped on. Rep at 667 from 0ish yesterday.

300 is obviously not the new 0 :?

If this doesn't stop soon, I'll beat my old highest reputation without even playing the game.

:shock:
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

NekrosStratia

Postby NekrosStratia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:52 am

Silken wrote:Still beening dumped on. Rep at 667 from 0ish yesterday.

300 is obviously not the new 0 :?

If this doesn't stop soon, I'll beat my old highest reputation without even playing the game.

:shock:

I feel ya...this new search is just irrating...

95% are equal or stronger players (which is ok, but different I guess)
Than you see the SAME players over and over (the biggest problem)
Than you have the random outliers that are 15 levels higher than you or 1000 rep higher than you.

Silken

Postby Silken » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:19 am

Well I've played for a couple of days and I'm afraid I really dislike the new search, for me it has a number of issues.

- Search is now weighted on level, but the levels are hopelessly unbalanced. This is due to no restriction/penalty on cores upgrades and the ability to min/max program and nodes. This means that the few (as a level 54) level 48-49 bases that you see have max sentries, therefore you sit around waiting for protectors and shockers to finish training (unless you use credits).

- Search now seems weighted in favour of higher bases showing up. Two fold issues here. First you get dumped on all the time inflating your reputation, Secondly level 60 plus bases are showing up all the time. To beat them, again training time is the issue, Shockers, Rams, Blasters, Protectors all need to be trained and these take ages. These are bases you would attack if you saw they had a couple of million, nowadays they have 300-400k. I'm not waiting 20mins plus for 300k.

- Farms are finished. Dead accounts / poor bases (low sentry) are now pumped up to 700 reputation plus, appearing on everyone's search. Net affect is that now they have bleed to death. Offering 100k-150k at best.

- Massive issues now with the lack of shielding. You can't inflate your farming with the dead easy accounts, you can't save over time because everyone has over inflated programs and pretty much no base is safe or defendable. So you either have to spend hours and hours online or pay credits for a shield.

Should I have been able to farm at zero rep on dead accounts, no not really. But at the same time we need to be able to farm. I don't want to have to spend 6 hours playing a mobile game on a Saturday, to upgrade a 7-8 million node. Before I could get that in a few hours, which was acceptable. Now I would have to wait 20mins for troops and stay online for 6 hours.

These sort of games always have a shelf life for me, because when you're at higher levers you have massive training times and I just like to pick up my iPad and play for a few hours. And I rarely spend real money on credits to speed things along. Sadly the shelf has got a lot closer.

Not really sure why low reputation farming was a massive issue anyway. The low 50's shared Loess, Alpha Killer, Petka and Ladty1 and hit a few high 40's. The higher 50's shared Pie and a few others and hit the lower 50's.

There was no harm in it, these guys don't even play anymore.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Pixie

Postby Pixie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:40 am

Agree with Silken. Each set of levels had their own set of farms. I think most of us agree on the fact not to hit farms until they get juicy. Now, these farms are all available to lower levels. So, instead of getting 200k+ money, now we are getting 20k-50k as all the lower level bases are sucking them dry.

Also, I keep seeing the same 15-20 players on loop during the search. Most of them are not hackable and it feels unethical to hit the same base over and over again in the same 3 hour interval. Since all these bases are like 7+ lvls above me and have sentry 19+,the compile time between hacks is 15-30 minutes. The new search system has killed farming. Please fix it ASAP.

Z44NDYK

Postby Z44NDYK » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:01 pm

This is getting quite annoying now...can anybody tell me please this is being fixed? Earlier comments claim the reps will naturally re-balance but after 3 days no changes. I lose rep, then still only find lvl45+ . Thus I go to sleep bored and wake up with rep even higher then before. It ruins te game completely I feel

Prochlub

Postby Prochlub » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:14 pm

To beat them, again training time is the issue, Shockers, Rams, Blasters, Protectors all need to be trained and these take ages.
If I read it correctly, beams are not enough to get what you want, you have to use multiple programs and that is the main problem? Weird. You could discuss the time or cost or something, sure, but thats another thing completely.
The new search system has killed farming. Please fix it ASAP.
Was really shameless beam+ice farming the thing that made the game interesting?

Anyway, I used to prefer upgrading resource nodes (since I dont have that much time mto perform attacks all the time, I prefer the more passive building approach), now these have a bit higher value since they provide you some income and you are less easily hackable by others due to the search prioritizing higher levels. Ergo there is another side of the coin as well just so you know.

Anyway, search tweaks are sure welcome, but, well, slower passive builders are in the game too
Prochlub,
The Node-Artist

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”