stealth on lvl 21 opeverpowered

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
festr

stealth on lvl 21 opeverpowered

Post by festr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:04 pm

The stealth attack is overpowered - you can get through 4 21 lvl gates in a raw with full 21 level scanner which makes defense a little bit harder since you have to put 4 gates in front of everything which makes defense less variable. Thoughs?

Sibernetika

Re: stealth on lvl 21 opeverpowered

Post by Sibernetika » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:45 pm

1st everyone says its underpowered and now you say its overpowered.. This is an interesting place

Can you just access through or do you need to use wraith as well
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Need way more information.

Position of scanner, was gate next to net connection, if portal could be used.

Wraithing four deep doesn't sound great, but if a scanner was out of position, or no time for a portal, then stealth could maybe still be stopped with just two or three gates.

Do you have program times or picture?

Program times for wraith, access and portal would be better so people can excel dump.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Silken wrote:Program times for wraith, access and portal would be better so people can excel dump.
Not sure if that was a Panda compliment :D
festr wrote:The stealth attack is overpowered
As mentioned, the specific situation would need more information if you think something is amiss.

While I don't have exact stats for things like Level 21 Access and Wraith, I can extrapolate using current trends. (Stealth progress tend to gain less of a bonus than the previous level when levelling up, but I've kept it constant to provide a best case scenario.

Using this info, I can tell you that 4 Access and 4 Wraiths at Level 1 vs a Level 1 Scanner costs less visibility than 4 Access and 4 Wraiths at Level 21 vs a Level 21 Scanner. Given that it's relatively easier to upgrade a single Scanner in comparison to two programs, I'd err on the side of Stealth attacks being underpowered, until presented with more info.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

NekrosStratia

Post by NekrosStratia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Silken wrote:Program times for wraith, access and portal would be better so people can excel dump.
As mentioned, the specific situation would need more information if you think something is amiss.

While I don't have exact stats for things like Level 21 Access and Wraith, I can extrapolate using current trends. (Stealth progress tend to gain less of a bonus than the previous level when levelling up, but I've kept it constant to provide a best case scenario.

Using this info, I can tell you that 4 Access and 4 Wraiths at Level 1 vs a Level 1 Scanner costs less visibility than 4 Access and 4 Wraiths at Level 21 vs a Level 21 Scanner. Given that it's relatively easier to upgrade a single Scanner in comparison to two programs, I'd err on the side of Stealth attacks being underpowered, until presented with more info.
I mean... we have pretty much all the info we need in the wiki..

If a lvl 21 access takes 42/s * 520% that's 218.4 total vis for an access
If a lvl 21 wraith takes 35/s * 520% that's 365 total vis for a wraith

So 4 access and 4 wraith would be 873.6 + 1460 = 2333 minimum visibility spent on the programs alone.

So yeah...if people have maxxed access and maxxed wraith they can very easily get past 4 early code gates.

However... just know that they would spend a bare minimum of (2100*4) + (308*4) = 9,632 bc JUST to do their stealth portion...

This is the problem at high levels...it looks so cool that they can basically blow through any network they want... except they can't... at the "whale" points, they are basically only able to hit targets that have 30-50k bitcoins minimum, because they are going to spend 10-15k bitcoins easily on programs, THAN they have to wait for all those lovely programs they used to compile.

So basically... low level (quick and easy farming with stealth attacks)
Mid range (lvl's 30-45) -- Still pretty quick and easy since you can beam through pretty much everything still.
50 - 60+ -- You better have your farming setup by here because that's gonna be the way you get your currency...

Silken

Post by Silken » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Luminaar wrote:

Compliment........No.........So needy. :roll:

Most chokes start at node 5. I.e NC - node - gate - gate - scanner/guardian choke.

So to wipe a base you need to portal onto node 5 to destroy a base.

Which basically means you have to.

Access - On NC
Access - On whatever node
Wraith - Access - On Gate
Wraith - Access - On Gate
Access - On choke start point
Portal - On security node.

Using the wiki (good work Lumi :roll: ) it's impossible to do the above with matching scanner and programs up to level 8. We haven't the data to go passed that, last time I looked and updated my spreadsheet.

It's the portal time that stops people.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 pm

I like how people are comparing pros and cons and whatnot when the OP is a level 80 god who's basically done with the game. Compile cost? Pff.
At that point prob the only thing left is rep grind

[RECAP]

Post by [RECAP] » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 pm

e1a00000 wrote:I like how people are comparing pros and cons and whatnot when the OP is a level 80 god who's basically done with the game. Compile cost? Pff.
At that point prob the only thing left is rep grind
Exactly!

When you are at level 21 programs...probably a high chance that all other structures are maxed out....right?

So...when you max out...

Why you gotta worry for bitcoins you spend and earn from an attack???

E1a00000 is right.

I mean...there is no way to spend then in good way, so you just have to trash it into compiler...or another person take it...so why not trash more on compiler and another person wont take it???

I think cost is not very important at those level...even me at level 38 when i have like 10 ice walls left and 20 beams or some wraiths left or even kraken...if i want to start an attack...first i clean my compiler from anything...

Thus i will think "what is best to use?"
Not "ok i have this let's use it...it does the work...maybe :S"

Just think about money...the only way to spend it is to search....you choose:
(assume you maxed level)

Bitcoin:
1_spend less b-coin to have a "hard and though" profitable attack and let others steal them at the end

2_spend more b-coin to have an "easy and enjoyable" unprofitable attack so others wont attack you

Money:
1_search 1-5 times per day to find a good target and then let others steal the remaining money

2_spoof the srearch button until you spend all the peny so others wont benefit from your money

I myself choose both second option...and the good point of that is you will be shown poor and others wont attack and you hold your reputation!
(just remind again, assume you are maxed out!)

"I could have made you homeles.
I could have made you penniless.
I can pay people with tour AmEx or your bank account.
I am you."

Dan tetler

WE are the only security hole...

festr

Post by festr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Wrath and stealth on lvl21 can go through all 5 gates at 21 level with scanner on lvl21 which makes gates useless and you have to put them in series otherwise yku can get with stealth very deep and disable crucial nodes. This makes defense less versatile and you must put all gates in series to defend. I think that the power of wrath should be not so strong on lvl21

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm

festr wrote:Wrath and stealth on lvl21 can go through all 5 gates at 21 level with scanner on lvl21 which makes gates useless and you have to put them in series otherwise yku can get with stealth very deep and disable crucial nodes. This makes defense less versatile and you must put all gates in series to defend. I think that the power of wrath should be not so strong on lvl21
I think its fine you do realize you are in the 0.00000001% of players here right? If not the highest active player in game currently. You already beat the game festr. Ive been here since launch and unless I sell my car and buy nothing but credits I won't get to your lvl for another year... if they make stealth changes based on max programs getting past your gates lol

At 50 with 10 access and 8 wraih 1hr compile time I can do something similar but I burn 10k bit and most my big targets have maybe 9k bit. Fest... no you should chain your gates