"Online too long" message while midway through a hack

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Barons

Re: "Online too long" message while midway through a hack

Post by Barons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:27 pm

I personally haven't experienced this 3 hour limit on how long you can play yet. I've just now got to core 7 and most of my stuff is still core 4 lvls so I can still hack enough loot to keep all my threads going within 3 hours.

However I completely dislike this feature. For one It punishes the hard core players willing to think outside the box and do whatever it takes to advance. It also appears to be desired that we don't know any of the details to how exactly this works. If there was a pay gate attached to it I would understand slightly more. Maybe you should add a pop up asking folks to spend some credits to in order to reset the timer? That would be true to form huh? Doesn't make any sense to limit how much folks can play the game even more without getting a little paper out of it right???

Am I right here lol maybe adding the pay gate is still on the to do list.

Seriously though please lay off limiting how much folks can play the game, why would you even consider adding this feature? There has to be a better way to achieve whatever goal you were aiming for than kicking your most determined and avid supporters out of the game every 3 hours. Please tell us what you were hoping to accomplish with this and I'm sure we can give you a better way of going about it.

"Hank come take a look at this."

"What is it Billybob?"

"Well Hank it seems a small percentage of these kids really love our game, they've been playing it for more than 3 straight hours. Dont that just beat all?"

"Well I'll be Billybob. That does beat all. You know what Pap said about kids spending so much time on these games though?"

"Corse I do Hank but Pap ain't around to say nothing no more."

"No it won't do Billbob. It won't do at all. They get 3 hours of play time and back to their chores."

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Barons wrote:Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cry, Complain, Cry, Complain, QQ

You are one of the biggest bitch babies I have seen here so far. Every post is a complaint about something. This games free to play. They do not try to get more money out of the 3 hour limit. Its to make sure players are not logged in 24/7 so they can be invulnerable to attacks. Seriously the best thing you could do for this game would be to stop posting.

The games fine, you just need to learn to stop crying and play. Have you even donated anything? Other than your tears?

Barons

Post by Barons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Really? My posts are generally very constructive. I help people in the forums and when I see an area of the game that needs improvement I offer suggestions. When I see an aspect of the game that is plainly retarded like only letting folks play 3 hours at a time it's true I may get a little carried away, but I never pictured myself as a bitch baby. Mayby a realist or probably an ass hole but a bitch baby idk. Doesn't sound very fitting imo. I'll have to take a look at my previous posts but whining and crying doesn't really sound like something I'd do tbh.

You on the other hand Mr Vnasty seem to be doing a fair amount of crying and whining yourself. Seems like this is the 2nd time you jumped in on one of my posts and offered a different opinion? No that doesn't sound right... made numerous valid points and defended then admirable? No definitely not that. Oh I remember now you had a temper tantrum and fell to the floor kicking and screaming because I was shareing viewpoints you didn't agree with.

Come to think of it very similar to how a bitch baby my react to hearing something they didn't like.
Vnasty wrote:Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cry, Complain, Cry, Complain, QQ

Barons

Post by Barons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Vnasty wrote:Have you even donated anything?
Yes actually I've donated numerous feature requests that will surely improve the game if implemented and I've also contributed a couple well thought out business strategies that I believe could turn this game around. I've also considered making a purchase to get ahold of a couple extra builder threads and a fancy background skin but I decided wait until the game is ready for its do over launch and see how much I like the new in game community features like the faction wars and chat and all that good stuff we're waiting on.

The holidays are just around the corner and a lot of kids are going to have money to spend. The Christmas shopping season would be an ideal time to capitalize on some credit sales with a big update release. Look at me just full of useful ideas.

kuzu

Post by kuzu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 pm

I think 3 hour safe time is way too long. I don't mind about that if they did not attack me. But It is stressfull to see intruder keeping safe position while they have resource. Attack other player should always have risk of counter attack. How about separate safe timer in 2, for attack from world screen and for retrace attack, and shorten it for retrace attack? 1 hour will be enough. And out of safe timer won't kick player, just make them unable to manage self network while being attacked.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 am

At the later lvls 3 hours is not enough time. You will have to make a game reset to extend your time. When buildings are a few million and bitcoin upgrades are in the 80-100k mark. You wont make it. Compiling programs with 30-45min even with 4 slots. Having targets give maybe 3-5k a hit, generously. You will not farm enough. I am in that bracket right now and my set up is optimal to farm. 3 hours is not enough time, you will see.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:40 am

kuzu wrote:I But It is stressfull to see intruder keeping safe position while they have resource.
Stress-B-gone! You should no longer be seeing them when you search. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=268&start=20#p3028
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

kuzu

Post by kuzu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:35 pm

That topic is talking about target search in world and won't help my case. Thank you for information anyway!