shield and code gates and sentry

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Kenny

shield and code gates and sentry

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:50 am

Hi,

I have few questions

1. shield in black market - how it's working, i saving you from all hack atemps or add some extra firewall to all nodes?
2. code gate - what is exactly is "Code Strenght" and "Filter" ?
3. Sentry - "black nodes" like turrets sending during defense both attacks ( turret attack and sentry attack ) ?
4. Strength on attack nodes is per second ?

Trickster
Site Admin

Re: shield and code gates and sentry

Postby Trickster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:23 am

Kenny wrote:1. shield in black market - how it's working, i saving you from all hack atemps or add some extra firewall to all nodes?
2. code gate - what is exactly is "Code Strenght" and "Filter" ?
3. Sentry - "black nodes" like turrets sending during defense both attacks ( turret attack and sentry attack ) ?
4. Strength on attack nodes is per second ?

1. It provides protection from all hack attempts, but you are not able to attack too - until you decide to remove the shield.
2. Code Strength simply put is how much damage needs to be dealt by Battering Ram program for the Code Gate to be destroyed. Filter then is -percentage- of damage reduction used when you are attacking the code gate with Beam Cannon, Shuriken etc. Plus Filter extends time needed for stealth programs installed on a Code Gate. If the filter is 75% for example, it takes 4x longer to install Access/Wraith/Portal on the Code Gate.
3. EDITED: Yes black nodes (like Turrets) are attacking both with their attack and Sentry attack. Besides that they forward Sentry packets to help spreading Sentry antivirus across the neutral part of the network.
4. Yes Strength of security nodes and programs is in damage per second.

Trickster
Site Admin

Re: shield and code gates and sentry

Postby Trickster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:32 pm

I edited point 3 in the post below. Sorry I was wrong with that statement. You know this happens when one is finishing a game for many months in row. :oops:

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”