Unauthorized Readme Edit - wth

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
djsparky85

Unauthorized Readme Edit - wth

Post by djsparky85 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:15 am

:x So, i keep logging in and getting this "unauthorized readme edit" notification. I keep editing readmes', with witty, hackerish remarks; usually involving CMD commands, or trash talking in L33t speak. Just to keep the feel of the game, and environment immersive and fluent. But i keep being denied by the system, and/or devs? What is this rubbish... Why is it not permitted to have multiple readmes, simulating someone wiping their computer, and putting into meltdown; upon threat detection ? I thought it would be funny. Since most movies fantasize hacker retaliation, with a "past the point of no return", safety protocol, for info breaching. It's really kind of annoying. I am a streamer, and went through the process of adding this game to the directory, so we can put it as our Game being Played. But this is biting me in the butt. :x
C:\User\Sparky:

Ranakastrasz

Re: Unauthorized Readme Edit - wth

Post by Ranakastrasz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 am

What?

That message means someone else edited your readme after hacking your core. When you hack someone else's core, you can read their readme and add a single entry to it. When they then next log in they get the unauthorized message.

I don't understand your lack of understanding. Please explain in different words?

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:47 am

djsparky85 wrote: :x So, i keep logging in and getting this "unauthorized readme edit" notification
The game is not saying that your messages are incorrect or disallowed. It's informing you that someone intruded your network, hacked your core and left a message.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

djsparky85

Post by djsparky85 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:51 am

My understanding, was in the poor wording. It made me think that my readme's were not allowed. I thought every "submit" was an entirely new message. Not that the core is one big readme, that people are a "line" too. The person edited it, and changed the wording of the message so slightly, that it looked like the same message. That is probably why it threw me off. After going back and looking at my Readme, i can see the person was being sarcastic, just posting the previous message again.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Extenuating circumstances, i suppose.
C:\User\Sparky: