Ice walls and protectors are not working!

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Re: Ice walls and protectors are not working!

Post by Silken » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:33 pm

You're going up against sentries that are over level 16 and Turrets over 10. They are hitting over 60*3 and 50*2, which is 280+ damage within a second, against a 180 scanner firewall.

An ice wall takes 0.5 seconds to install, so you have only a 0.5 reaction time to put up a wall. A wall that is only level 7, so it's going to be taken within 3 secs.

Basically, use a shocker.

No-one goes up against yellow sentries without shockers. Unless you have really really high walls. And even then shocker is recommended.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 am

Mozirilla wrote:See, i can tell if there's something wrong or not.. I am not a naive..! Check this video too:

http://sendvid.com/h3zz8lmx

Did you notice the same issue!? First ice wall couldn't stand for. 5 second while the next one standed for more than 2 seconds..!? Do you know why? Look at the third one, it standed for less than what second one did.. There are unstable buffering time with ice walls and protectors..
I ain't see no problem .
Seriously did you read what I just said??

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 am

Silken wrote:You're going up against sentries that are over level 16 and Turrets over 10. They are hitting over 60*3 and 50*2, which is 280+ damage within a second, against a 180 scanner firewall.

An ice wall takes 0.5 seconds to install, so you have only a 0.5 reaction time to put up a wall. A wall that is only level 7, so it's going to be taken within 3 secs.
60*3 is already enough to take down the node actually and that's what happened exactly.

Let's make shxts clearer
The AV firing time is based on overall timer, not local timer.
For instance, they fire on every second just, that means they fire on like 1:00'00,1:20'00 but never 1:00'20.
They don't care when did you cap the choke.
This indicates that if you're unlucky to cap it right before next attack trigger, the AV fires almost simultaneously on capture, traveling 0.5second to hit, and retake the node just before you finish the ICE wall.
Clear?