Defending the ridiculous

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Echo1Echo2

Defending the ridiculous

Post by Echo1Echo2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:24 am

What is the point in defenses when most of your attackers end up going at your base with 60 or more lvl10+ beam cannons? I find it hard to believe there is anything that can defend from that, especially if the attacker decides to use ice walls.

legal

Re: Defending the ridiculous

Post by legal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:21 am

Echo1Echo2 wrote:What is the point in defenses when most of your attackers end up going at your base with 60 or more lvl10+ beam cannons? I find it hard to believe there is anything that can defend from that, especially if the attacker decides to use ice walls.
Welcome to hackers the most balanced game in the world?
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Echo1Echo2

Post by Echo1Echo2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 am

legal wrote:
Echo1Echo2 wrote:What is the point in defenses when most of your attackers end up going at your base with 60 or more lvl10+ beam cannons? I find it hard to believe there is anything that can defend from that, especially if the attacker decides to use ice walls.
I guess I may be expecting a bit too much. Guess it wouldn't really be fair if a base was unhackable, but brute force being able to work every time like that is very annoying.

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 am

Echo1Echo2 wrote:
legal wrote:
I guess I may be expecting a bit too much. Guess it wouldn't really be fair if a base was unhackable, but brute force being able to work every time like that is very annoying.
They've tweaked the Beam cannon redirection time to 0.5s, that might help a little bit.

3ly

Post by 3ly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:37 pm

SxSnipeR wrote:
Echo1Echo2 wrote:
legal wrote: Welcome to hackers the most balanced game in the world?
They've tweaked the Beam cannon redirection time to 0.5s, that might help a little bit.
And... Damage reduction at higher levels. ;)
IGN: 3ly
Lvl: 23 C: 7

Merry Christmas!!
[~3ly]

1014c13

Post by 1014c13 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:38 am

the true answer before nerf is muti-tasking.
I use to set up a layout with 8 multi-tasking choke point.

some of them can distract
some of them have higher fire wall than usual choke point that can confusing attacker
some can consume lots of attackers defending program
some need shocker or things gonna be tough.
and of course the most important, all of them can burn out attacker's 3 min :D

the most important thing in defending is not making attacker have no ability to break in, but either burn out their time or programs :D

however, after nerfing, you only need high level code gate and guardian. :/ or maybe just code gate

kurios_

Post by kurios_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Learn how every virus program works and learn how to defence against it. Watch every replays and figure out what you must do to defence your network.
Ex. Using branch like network to distract enemy beam cannons, etc.
Hope that help.

Sutopia

Post by Sutopia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Best strategy against beams is to make use of attack priority.

I've said too much ;)