Priority Order not fully addressed

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Priority Order not fully addressed

Post by Silken » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 am

Patch looks great. Too early to say for sure without playing and testing. But a lot of issues addressed.

But for me the standout issue is still with Priority Order. The problem for me was always the order that security nodes are attacked.

Testing has shown it's link order, which in itself is infuriating, because when upgrading nodes you have to re-link everything. Plus it's not always the order in which you link, or doesn't seem like it.

Choke points are generally two Turrets - one Black Ice. And usually you want your Black Ice to be attacked last. The way I have my choke, if the Black Ice gets hit first then it's a big problem.

Short of setting it up, waiting to be attacked, realising it's wrong, setting it up again, waiting to be attacked again, there is nothing you can do.

If it was based on firewalls or level, it would be so much clearer on nodes of the same type. I have to admit, this was the change i was expecting.

No knowing for sure how your our Network is going to work, drives me up the wall.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Silken

Re: Priority Order not fully addressed

Post by Silken » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 am

I can't stress how important is it to know.

The first node you can 'hide' under another node making it difficult to touch. The third node doesn't need guardian shields, since the choke is broken. The third node is where you should extend your network, making sure that they have to take the whole choke and not just skip it.

Guess work and retesting by watching replays, every time you rebuild, does not a happy panda make. :|
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Hell_Diguner

Re: Priority Order not fully addressed

Post by Hell_Diguner » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Quick question. How is this:
Program attack priorities fixed - nodes are attacked in this order - Securities (Sentry, Turret...) - Core - Nodes with Sentry antivirus installed - Nodes with Sentry antivirus being installed - white nodes and nodes under upgrade (Sanner, Code Gate, Database...) - Nodes disabled by Wraith
...any different from what we had before this patch?

---

Besides needing to rewire my network after upgrading a node, I had no problems getting attack priorities by link order correct. You have to be careful when modifying a critical portion of your network, but the systems are not difficult to understand or work with.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main