Broken priority

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
e1a00000

Broken priority

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:23 am

Captured sentry attacks upgrading bitcoin miner first, while two other hostile nodes are nearby. Picture not taken at precise time, but rather a bit later after the upgrading node was captured.
Upgrading nodes is suppose to have the lowest priority.

T2w0s

Re: Broken priority

Post by T2w0s » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:04 am

e1a00000 wrote:Image
Captured sentry attacks upgrading bitcoin miner first, while two other hostile nodes are nearby. Picture not taken at precise time, but rather a bit later after the upgrading node was captured.
Upgrading nodes is suppose to have the lowest priority.
Hello,

Upgrading node doesn't have an effect on priority
Just suppose upgrading node is as a normal node:
If it is a upgrading sentry, it has high priority as a normal sentry.
Current level: 36
(2017/04/14)
*puf*

LightofHeaveN

Post by LightofHeaveN » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30 am

upgrading sentry and normal sentry doesnt change anything.

my beams once chose an upgrading turret over a normal active turret.

this is taken straight from the wiki:
Priority list:

1) Active Security Nodes - (Sentry, Turret, Black ICE). Other Security Nodes (Guardian, Scanner and Code Gate) are considered regular nodes in this regard.
2) The Core.
3) Black Nodes - Nodes with an installed antivirus.
4) Partially Black Nodes - Nodes where an antivirus is currently being loaded.
5) White Nodes - Nodes where an antivirus is not present.
6) Nodes under the Wraith effect.

If connected nodes fall under the same category, the order in which nodes are connected takes precedence, with nodes that are connected first having priority over nodes which are connected last.
in your specific case, the points to consider are:
-are the available targets security nodes? NO: mixer, mine and scanner are all not security nodes
-do they all have AV installed? YES
-none are wraithed

hence the attack order is FULLY decided by the defender and the order he linked the nodes to the sentry, you can do nothing to change that

in my setup i have something similar, a scanner attached to: scanner, bcoin mine, evolver

hence i am deciding which node gets attacked first (assuming they all get the AV installed in time)

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:18 pm

LightofHeaveN wrote:upgrading sentry and normal sentry doesnt change anything.

Priority list:

1) Active Security Nodes - (Sentry, Turret, Black ICE). Other Security Nodes (Guardian, Scanner and Code Gate) are considered regular nodes in this regard.
2) The Core.

If connected nodes fall under the same category, the order in which nodes are connected takes precedence, with nodes that are connected first having priority over nodes which are connected last.
-are the available targets security nodes? NO: mixer, mine and scanner are all not security nodes
-none are wraithed

hence the attack order is FULLY decided by the defender and the order he linked the nodes to the sentry, you can do nothing to change that

in my setup i have something similar, a scanner attached to: scanner, bcoin mine, evolver

hence i am deciding which node gets attacked first (assuming they all get the AV installed in time)
I'm not sure that should be intended. Upgrading node is just as useful as a wraithed node. Attacking order is decided by the game, which is then taken advantaged off by the defender to build the base. Attack order is automatic in a way the devs thinks is the ideal (eg you would most of the time want to priotilize attacking a turret over a library - not always though). An upgrading node having a higher priority should be seen as a bug and not a feature.

EDIT: Spelling and grammars
Last edited by e1a00000 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm

e1a00000 wrote:
LightofHeaveN wrote:upgrading sentry and normal sentry doesnt change anything.

Priority list:

2) The Core.

-none are wraithed

I'm not sure that should be intended. Upgrading node is just as useful as a wraithed node. Attacking order is decided by the game, which is then taking advantaged off by the defender to build the base. Attack order is automatoc in a way the devs thinks is the ideal (eg you would most of the time want to priotilize attacking a turret over a library - not always though). An upgrading node having a higher priority should be seen as a bug and not a feature.
I think the same. I had a somewhat similar situation, there was a Code Gate connected to another Code Gate, a turret and an upgrading Black ICE. Obviously, i wanted to get through the 2nd Code Gate as soon as possible so getting the turret should be the priority but all my offensive programs targeted the upgrading BI first, instead of the turret.

T2w0s

Post by T2w0s » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:19 pm

@LightofHeaveN
You quoted this:
Priority list:
2) The Core.

But you forgot this above:
WARNING: This list is based on current observations. While not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, it has proven to be correct most of the time. (See current discussion in comments.) The in-game priorities differ from what is intended, and will be amended in a future update.
(from Wiki)

@e1a00000
Someone hacks me and..
2 screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/lHPz1
The core is upgrading but beam cannons attack it first. I think there is no bug cause if an upgrading node has lowest priority,
beam cannons will attack the scanner first and not the core in my sample
Current level: 36
(2017/04/14)
*puf*

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:37 pm

T2w0s wrote:@LightofHeaveN
You quoted this:
Priority list:
2) The Core.

But you forgot this above:
WARNING: This list is based on current observations. While not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, it has proven to be correct most of the time. (See current discussion in comments.) The in-game priorities differ from what is intended, and will be amended in a future update.
(from Wiki)

@e1a00000
Someone hacks me and..
The core is upgrading but beam cannons attack it first. I think there is no bug cause if an upgrading node has lowest priority,
I see. Tbh while mechanic wise it makes sense since otherwise upgrading core gains immunity, core capture yields no benefits at all, and shouldn't be above av nodes in the first place. I actively avoid capping them to reduce rep gain :/.
Regardless, something should definitely be done about it. I'd actually volunteer to help for learning purposes too if trickster allows it :/

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

I can confirm this bug.. I just hacked someone and my viruses would target the upgrading turrets 1st before targeting the functional nades that's busy attacking them
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

LightofHeaveN

Post by LightofHeaveN » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:24 am

T2w0s wrote: @e1a00000
Someone hacks me and..
the wiki does not mention anything about UPGRADING buildings having lower priority, hence from what i can see, all your current observations are inline with what is written in the wiki.

however, if ur beams attack a wraithed node while another target is present, then we have to review what is written