What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Silken » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 am

I see so many bases with more net connections than they need. Which in turn weakens bases, since most people snake net connections using library's etc, when these library's could be use as node connections and help with defence via sentries.

I fail to see the logic in making these open until you need to have them.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

It is efficient once you get 2+ compiler. But anytime before that, it feels really slow. Would you want to play a game where you can only get 3 mins of enjoyment after 45 mins wait? It gets ridiculous how it costs so much B-coin to create your army and so much time... I think I'm a hardcore gamer so I would get to quite high in pvp before I quit but you also have to consider casual players...

After 2/3 days of playing 3 mins while waiting for 45 mins, they would most likely get bored and quit out of frustration. Level 2 compiler doesn't require lvl 5 core, maybe a level 4 core and 4k B-coin. This will totally increase the activity of alot of players at lvl 4 core. Playerbase will increase slowly but you need to retain them. I think Lvl 4-5 core is the bottleneck for most casual players.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Jesaul

Post by Jesaul » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 am

Don't worry. For now the game has too strong pay2win design.
They don't even have "safe" structures to hide money from attackers. Everything for you to pay real money.

Silken

Post by Silken » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:46 am

iSpy wrote:I agree theres needs to be a revision of program prices, i myself use:

30 beams - 300B
10 Walls - 300B
3 blaster - 150B

In total 750B for a lv 16, on average i use 70% of that which is 525B per attack. Finding anything over 600B is rare enough to make farming annoying.

I feel that any revisions made to b coins should be limited to program costs its not extremely difficult to farm 8k b coin but you need to be prepared to farm a few hours and maybe get extremely lucky and find a 2-3k jackpot twice your lvl which i must admit i prefer. If i wasnt good at attacking however and i was consistently failing attacks spending 500+ per attack it wouldn't take long before i'd stop playing entirely.

As for production times, they should be left alone, with 2 compilers you can create time effecient attacks in 10-20 mins
I have different idea. I mean the developers want to make money, so to simply reduce production cost may not happen. However, since this is bitcoin we are talking about, maybe introduce a 'cold storage' to protect your B-Coin from attacks.

It would work similar to how much builders cost. So 500 credits would create a 'cold storage' whereby 5% of your B-Coin would always be offline and not open to attacks. 1000 credit for 7.5% etc. Maybe up to 15%..

Then they could reduce producion costs, but still make revenue from 'cold storage'

Keep it so you still loot 30% of the overall total, so not to impact the amount people can loot, until it gets to the 'cold storage' amount.

Btw devs why use B-Coin. Ethereum is better. :D
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:55 am

If there is a larger player base, with MORE player activities, more people attacking and raiding each other, players would easily buy the protection bonus to be safe. I definitely would for some important buildings... but this game at this current development feels TOO slow. There are too many P2W aspects and not enough fun elements, the game needs to hook enough casual players so they don't mind spending $4-5 dollar from time to time. I already spend $10 for the building upgrade right at the beginning and it helps a lot. But atleast make it more enjoyable for free players.

I also feel the daily quest needs to increase from 1 to 2 or even 3! Fill it up! Make it more engaging with the players. Doing 1 quest per day is kinda dull and slow. If the devs want, they can even try to reduce the number of free credits lying about! Just please add in more quests!!! Some quests need to be BIGGER too, like gain 500 reps instead of 100 and make a bigger reward. There's so many things the dev could engage the players in more daily activities!
[C12] [LV60]

khauf.exe

Post by khauf.exe » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:59 am

The game is overall awesome. But the thing that I don't like is there is no clan war option just like in clash of clans

iSpy

Post by iSpy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Honestly i know this may be an unpopular opinion here, but i see this game as fast paced compared to other apps of its type, clash of clans takes easily 40 mins to create a decent army to attack with. Here it takes 30 mins until you get compiler lvl 2 which is then reduced to 10-15mins. It took me less than a week to get to that point, within the space of 2 weeks I'm fully maxed core 5 excluding the collectors since they're a waste of time imo especially at the rate i farm. It's likely to become more like clans towards higher levels when the maniac and portal programs become a necessity which require 20-30 min build times alone. These games are always a grind for f2p, something i actually enjoy.

As for loss of loot, this game is highly tactical, i am capable of going through bases twice my level through using correct timing and placement of programs. Yesterday i started upgrading my core, since then i've been sitting with 80k and 6k B in my storages. That's 20k and 1.5k B up for grabs for any attacker. Since 01:00 last night i've received 16 attacks, i am also lvl 16 and the attackers lvls range between 13 and 19. Only 1 has managed to reach the storages and they still ran out of time while stealing B, they gained 26k and 850 B, all other attackers have received less than 1k of each resource despite using a wide range of attacks.

For this reason, I feel the p2w argument is actually invalid in this game as it's counter productive more than anything, at least for now. I haven't bought a single thing in this game and yet at lv 16 i was able to reach top 13 with ease, the best range for farming at my lvl however is 550-650 rep. I've had no troubles facing any paying customers, sure their bases have been more advanced than others, but i have the option whether or not to attack them. From the paying customers view, if i'm lvl 48 p2w, i now have surpassed the majority of the people playing this game and i would have few people that i can attack which is what makes this game fun, defeating the purpose of paying for me, excluding perhaps buying extra builders to give you a slight edge over others. As a f2p player i've yet to have my builders not busy building/upgrading something, manage your time, resources and create the best base you can by taking points from bases you've found to be difficult to raid personally and you'll find this game gets much more easier to progress in.
Level: 29
Updated: 04/11/2016

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Great game. Amazing game actually. I see so many coookie cutter bases. Then after reading the last 6 pages so many of you use the same programs to attack with. No wonder many of you are struggling with resources. Only game on the market that you can succeeded without paying to win. Games in its infancy. Hack the planet!

Alpha-Killer

Post by Alpha-Killer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 am

A lot of people have been ranting about the "rarity" of B-coins, but here's my take:

Yes, programs increase in price relatively quickly compared to their effectiveness. The biggest culprit is the ice-wall (shocker is a better alternative when it comes to price) because it's a widely used program that increases 30 B-coins an upgrade. This is a lot, but it increases at a constant rate. At core level 8, it's becoming apparent that defense nodes are starting to increase at higher rates. It's becoming even more difficult to hack higher level players. To counteract the exponential growth of defenses, I've noticed programs such as the beam cannon are starting to increase strength at exponential rates while still only costing 2 extra B-coins per upgrade. Furthermore, mines increase exponentially generating ten-fold more resources at higher levels compared to lower levels. Prices of upgrades are relatively constant in increase at higher levels (i.e. beam cannon costs +10K every upgrade; turret costs +500K) The exponential growth of generating resources compared to the constant growth of the prices in programs leads to one conclusion:

The prices of programs become more minimalistic after the exponential threshold has been reached.

This leads to two issues:

1) Lower leveled players will see a +30 increase on ice-wall and either be discouraged to upgrade, or have issue making profitable hacks. Failing to upgrade will result in more difficult hacks, and thus hacks of lower leveled networks with less resources. This is where majority of players get stuck causing B-coins to seem rare.

2) The high concentration of B-coins in the higher levels is not helpful at the moment because most players are not core lvl 7+ yet. The lack of players at higher levels is further worsened by the lack of inactive players at these levels. That means most networks at these levels have either spent their B-coins or are under shield. However, I can always find at least two players with worthy amounts of resources after spending too much $ searching. This has led me to a lack of $ and an overflow of B-coins.

I recommend that players upgrade to core lvl 7 as quickly as possible. Once there, focus on upgrading mines. Take your time at core lvl 7. Upgrade your defenses and programs. Focusing on reputation early on makes you more susceptible to being hacked. If your goal is to be on top of the leader boards and staying there, then don't care about your reputation until you've reached the threshold.

To the developers, I highly suggest increasing upgrade costs exponentially to match their increase in strength. It should not cost an extra 30 B-coins for a level 6 ice-wall compared to 5. Maybe 15 seems reasonable. Then, this gives you more room to increase the costs at higher levels when players have more B-coins to spend. Also, to counteract the lack of players at the top, temporarily lowering the searching cost on the world map would be extremely helpful. I believe this will lessen the complaints about having to pay to win.

I'm loving this game, and I'm going to be playing it for a long time. Looking forward to future updates.
Alpha-Killer
Level 40+ 8-)
Happy Hacking!

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:04 am

Can someone post on here or wiki the full list of upgrade cost/defensive power/B-coin production cost for Ice Wall Level 1 to 6 so I can do some analysis please?
[C12] [LV60]