What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Vyshnav Ramesh

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Vyshnav Ramesh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks, that helps.

Hazmat81

Post by Hazmat81 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Sorry for the double post I only seen this here only just.

Hello to the developers. great game some flaws with gamplay

I've been playing for a couple of months now and since the shake up and changes to the game I've nothing but annoyance from it.

The "search for another player is practically shocking, I am systematically attacked by the same person within a space of anything from 10-20 mins or up to an hour.

Seriously make it so that a user can only attack another once per 24hrs. I probably attempt to hack stronger players a few levels up from me but I certainly do not keep picking on a single player to make there gamplay miserable as hell.
If something like that was implemented, it will seriously make them go attack another player who is actually a challenge.
I just cannot get how someone who is 4 levels below me obliterate my defences.

on a side note the sec7 protection that cooldown needs to be HALVED so a 7 day will be 14 days. A 30 day cooldown is stupid!

Its ludicrous!

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi Hazmat81, first of all thank you for being with us from almost the very beginning!

You are in top 10 and on very high level. There is still only several players in this rank therefore the search engine does not have enough players to choose from and it is easier to attack one person twice. We are considering some features to fix this, but right now we are quite busy with the release itself. We hear voices of you guys there in top 10 though and are willing to do smething with it.

"If something like that was implemented, it will seriously make them go attack another player who is actually a challenge." - Main point is that there really are not many of these "another players" to choose from at the first place.

Shields are designed in a way to protect you in days of your absence (on vacation for example). They are not there to protect players for any significant amounts of time (1/3 as you suggest is bit too much I think).

Anyway, keep sharing your feelings and opinions with us, we listen to all our players and pick priorities accordingly.

Hazmat81

Post by Hazmat81 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Trickster wrote:Hi Hazmat81, first of all thank you for being with us from almost the very beginning!

You are in top 10 and on very high level. There is still only several players in this rank therefore the search engine does not have enough players to choose from and it is easier to attack one person twice. We are considering some features to fix this, but right now we are quite busy with the release itself. We hear voices of you guys there in top 10 though and are willing to do smething with it.

"If something like that was implemented, it will seriously make them go attack another player who is actually a challenge." - Main point is that there really are not many of these "another players" to choose from at the first place.

Shields are designed in a way to protect you in days of your absence (on vacation for example). They are not there to protect players for any significant amounts of time (1/3 as you suggest is bit too much I think).

Anyway, keep sharing your feelings and opinions with us, we listen to all our players and pick priorities accordingly.
I get what you are saying, but I am literally having to stay logged in with this game being a battery eater it is pretty darn hard, this is the ONLY way to stop the bugger from getting at me every opportunity they can get..

Rather than wait for real players to get "hacked" off sorry for the pun and leave cuz of this constant and blatant isolated attacks you need to create some high level network that really give some challenge, I know you got single player missions but I think you need to A) either make them re playable but with less reward but enough to keep some interest in returning, or B make some ghost accounts to increase variety and then remove them down the line when you have a bigger player base.

I highly doubt I'm the only one getting really pee'd off by this, there is no way in hell I can even save up to do anything. Look at the logs this sod keeps systematically attacking me "K!ng" my own log is nearly filled up in the last 2 days its just him over and over and over. Now i got good defenses I like watching a good hack as much as the next person, but at least I ATTEMPT other users outside my comfort zone.

Anonymous2008

Post by Anonymous2008 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

I have enjoyed playing hackers within it Beta trails and would like to say building up fund to upgrade items is really hard. Using the protection service is really good for building up funds for expensive upgrades but i would agree the cool down times are really long and thing they should be reviewed.

key2710

Post by key2710 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:50 pm

The idea behind this game is really good, and the potential is huge.

Off course the first impression is that we have a new clone of Clash of Clans but the schema is absolutely new.
I like the division in nation, i like the ranking of neightbor, i like the link system, i like the "argument" (and remember... the real name of first weapon, is LOIC. For a good ddos attack you need a good botnet under TOR with a good number of LOIC installation on board :lol: ).

What have you to do?

Off course... a clan sistem. (... i see it like a VPN (virtual private network)), a tournament system (i see like an "haking war" for penetrate in a government network), a chat.

About VPN there are tons of idea...

glukosio

Post by glukosio » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:05 pm

I play this game since yesterday and I already love it!
It's still not perfect, but considering that it lives only few days, I'm sure it'll be perfect in a couple of weeks/months.

I like:
-I can assign multiple threads to an upgrade and cut the time of upgrading!
-Already well balanced despite the youth of the game
-free credits here and there
-design

I don't like:
-being attacked 3 times in 10 minutes of being offline.
-no other languages
-no possibility to connect with facebook
-can't see, or search other players
-when I search for a revenge, after disconnecting from player I have to open the defence log again every time

IMHO this game is really similar to clash of clans from many points of view, but this is not a negative thing, because you are using an already good base for a potentially excellent and different game!
I really appreciate your work and I hope it will spread between players worldwide!
Go on and please don't let this game becoming a pay to win!

EDIT:
another thing that it would be good to have is a base tester, at the beginning it's really difficult to understand wether your base is good or not.
Or at least, if you'll implement friends, they could be tester for our base, something like friendly attack without loss.
Last edited by glukosio on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Been playing this for a few days, REALLY loving the concept, design and execution.

Things I like:
- Being online preventing hacks (It's nice to be able to put in a small session and build up to a bigger ticket purchase)
- The ability to watch ads for credits (F2P here, although would consider a resource doubler for the long term)
- The PvE options (although only at the second mission - PvP is fun too!)
- The music/atmosphere!

Things I dislike:
- Refreshing list and finding 5 players who are online/no players to hack
- Only being able to retaliate once to multiple hacks by the same player (already mentioned, but here for concurrence)
- Only 1 mission per day. Would happily do 3, even at reduced rewards.

Minor observations/suggestions:
- Black ICE node seems a little underwhelming for its cost. (At lower levels only it seems - have been advised that it's awesome later on)
- Early parts of tech tree inhibit steady expansion. (Worm seems to cheaper than Data Leech yet further down. Early lvl2 upgrades of staples such as Beam cannon seem expensive in both initial upgrade and equip costs)
- Daily challenges having harder variants for more rewards when higher reputation - akin to Hearthstone dailies. (Maybe they already exist, only at lvl 9)
- Would eventually like to see joining up with players to launch attacks on stupidly powerful entities.

Great stuff so far, keep up the great work :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Kenny

Post by Kenny » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 pm

I partialy agree with Hazmat81 about search. I have 15 other users in map for hack ( 2-16 place ) players with level 69+ is not possible for me hack so I have choice between 11 users for hack, 2-3 of them have shield for 7days. so I have selection from 8-9 other players

and If I need $ or BTC for upgrades I must hack this peoples again and again.

I hope that it will be better when much more players will be on level let say 40+ and have 1000+ powerpoints
but it will took probably next 4-5 months when peoples which start playing after release will be on some "our" position, and at this time we will be somewhere on level 70+

Maybe select from players on same level +- 10 levels (not counting powerpoints). and for successfull hack add just 1 powerpoint (or nothing if target will have for example about 400 powerpoints less then attacker)

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 am

Many thanks for your likes, dislikes and insights. They are helping us to define our priorities.

There are plans to implement features which lot of you are mentioning. Please keep on giving us feedback, it simply helps.