What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
90skushkid

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by 90skushkid » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 pm

and pleaseeee add some sort of friend feature or something. because I was having an interesting conversation with someone thru readme file but because I had a failed hack and they already hacked me I cant reply..kinda of a disappointment.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Like: Being able to stack building nodes to reduce time. Having some freedom to choose buildings and leave others out.

Really like that you have been cleaning the leaderboards of Level 79 cheaters.

Dislike: No idle timer. Way too easy for players to always be online.
Stealth strategies are inefficient in time and expense even if you are using it to make your brute force easier.
The battering ram seems like a waste when I can use a blaster or two to get by quicker and with less risk to the attacking node. Ram build time and space doesn't make it any better than a blaster which is multipurpose.

kingofsnipers

Post by kingofsnipers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

EndoAnima wrote:Like: Being able to stack building nodes to reduce time. Having some freedom to choose buildings and leave others out.

Really like that you have been cleaning the leaderboards of Level 79 cheaters.

Dislike: No idle timer. Way too easy for players to always be online.
Stealth strategies are inefficient in time and expense even if you are using it to make your brute force easier.
The battering ram seems like a waste when I can use a blaster or two to get by quicker and with less risk to the attacking node. Ram build time and space doesn't make it any better than a blaster which is multipurpose.

I dont think these guys are cheaters, just put some real cash into game, as me.
I dont know what level are you on, but I think that stealth is perfectly balanced, I use stealth/hybrid attacks a lot and I think its awesomely done. You cant just stealth your way into all resources nodes and download all resources and get out, that would be OP.

Battering ram, yeah hot topic nowadays, usefull or not? I personally use it, but really considering using blaster insted.
Level: 42
Rep: 350-450
I am noob, but tryhard :D

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:12 pm

kingofsnipers wrote:
Battering ram, yeah hot topic nowadays, usefull or not? I personally use it, but really considering using blaster insted.
Am I the only one who faces problems with blaster? Lvl1 Ram and Lvl 2 blaster. I still feel that ram is faster. Blaster is effective in preventing attacks from the code gate.
Also, what's the trick against a code gate protected by a guardian?

EndoAnima

Post by EndoAnima » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:20 am

I dont think these guys are cheaters, just put some real cash into game, as me.
I dont know what level are you on, but I think that stealth is perfectly balanced, I use stealth/hybrid attacks a lot and I think its awesomely done. You cant just stealth your way into all resources nodes and download all resources and get out, that would be OP.

You may very well be right. I was looking at the US leaderboard and noticed top level was 39 and I guess I was thinking of the global board where top was 79. Seemed like some accounts disappeared, but maybe not. Does seem live Dev is very involved in the community.

I use two blasters to overcome the code gate if I feel like time will be an issue. It's nice that the ram auto-targets the gate though. Seems kind of silly to break the code, then have to burn though the firewall as well anyway.

I know the common stealth-brute attack is access and 2-3 wraiths, but I'd rather attack 3 times per hour than wait for all those wraiths to build. Stealth-Brute is definitely a stronger attack and may be necessary at higher levels (Core 7 currently), but my straight brute is a faster build and less Bcoin until I grab Portal.

I wouldn't expect straight stealth to do much outside of single player, my main aversion to stealth is build time.

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:21 pm

or a decent chat feature for people that only hacked your core. similar to the readme file but a lil more complex.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:58 pm

I just realized that tons of high level players (higher than me, I'm 20) are working at super low rep brackets. Which means the rep I have gained is totally pointless. It's nothing but indirect charity. I've been trying to gain a decent rep at relatively low levels. However, that quest seems pointless if most of the people capable of much higher reps are intentionally below me. This realization is very disheartening.

#rant

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:56 pm

VLarian wrote:I just realized that tons of high level players (higher than me, I'm 20) are working at super low rep brackets. Which means the rep I have gained is totally pointless. It's nothing but indirect charity. I've been trying to gain a decent rep at relatively low levels. However, that quest seems pointless if most of the people capable of much higher reps are intentionally below me. This realization is very disheartening.

#rant
I mean to be real. what does rep actually submit other than leaderboard gains? nothing. so why gain rep for "currently" harder networks to hack vs resource farming. until an updates makes more balances and interactions within the game. game only been out for a month but so far so good. im lvl 18 and I have a lvl 6 core, kraken eatin shit alive. lol im lovin it. hacking lvl 22s and 23s like its nothing. unless your smart and put your core up front. lol. in which case I will leave a nice little note in your readme. =]
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 pm

90skushkid wrote: I mean to be real. what does rep actually submit other than leaderboard gains? nothing. so why gain rep for "currently" harder networks to hack vs resource farming. until an updates makes more balances and interactions within the game. game only been out for a month but so far so good. im lvl 18 and I have a lvl 6 core, kraken eatin shit alive. lol im lovin it. hacking lvl 22s and 23s like its nothing. unless your smart and put your core up front. lol. in which case I will leave a nice little note in your readme. =]
Nothing but bragging rights and ego boost. Leader boards. But that's not what's bothering me.
Even if I have 1200 rep, I now know that that rep doesn't actually deserve leader board 20 rank. Because a good number of 1500rep-capable hackers are having their fun at 300rep bracket. There's no ego boost here. Only shame for being in an undeserving leaderboard rank. :D

JuliantheHACKER

Post by JuliantheHACKER » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:31 pm

I like
-The general look of the game
-The worms program
-Crushing my enemies :)
-The smoothness of the game
-How it got me interested in hacking

I am annoyed because of
-How powerful Ice wall is, it needs to be nerfed soon. The reason I say this is because 2 level 3 turrets of mine couldn't break through a single --level 2 ice wall.
-How hard it is to level up both your core and defenses
-How black ice dosen't seem to do anything.