What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Silken » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 am

Jaystar wrote:Can someone post on here or wiki the full list of upgrade cost/defensive power/B-coin production cost for Ice Wall Level 1 to 6 so I can do some analysis please?
1-3 is on the wiki. I can see 4, since I'm level 3. 5-6 sorry don't know. However, I did read somewhere that the cost increase was 30 for a number of levels. So I'm guessing 5 and 6 would be 90 and 120. Upgrade Cost of level 5 will probably be ฿ 8000 if it's inline with other upgrades.

Level Buffer Size Compilation Price Upgrade Cost
1 400 ฿ 8 ฿ 512
2 495 ฿ 15 ฿ 1024
3 545 ฿ 30 ฿ 2048

4 600 ฿ 60 ฿ 4096

Edit: I'm guessing here, but it's probably going to be more cost effective to use a Protector and an Ice wall together at level 4, rather than replace with a second Ice Wall when the first one breaks.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Gaggy

Post by Gaggy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:13 pm

I really like this game, I do find it to be quite addictive. I think others have said this too but I do think some of the upgrades take too long, I've spent a fair bit of real money but once your credits are gone you have to wait ages again.

The aspect of this game that annoys me the most is the world view part where a few users come up to hack, sometimes it's fine but other times out of the options you're given most of them are either active or already being hacked, and you end up having to refresh the options a few toLes before you find someone you can actually hacks, it happens a lot and it's frustrating.

I think it would be better if users who are active or being hacked didn't come up as an option, and that it only shows users who can be hacked.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Gaggy wrote:I really like this game, I do find it to be quite addictive. I think others have said this too but I do think some of the upgrades take too long, I've spent a fair bit of real money but once your credits are gone you have to wait ages again.

The aspect of this game that annoys me the most is the world view part where a few users come up to hack, sometimes it's fine but other times out of the options you're given most of them are either active or already being hacked, and you end up having to refresh the options a few toLes before you find someone you can actually hacks, it happens a lot and it's frustrating.

I think it would be better if users who are active or being hacked didn't come up as an option, and that it only shows users who can be hacked.
This

Happens a lot. World search ,click target instantly, less than a sec, oh look, there miraculously online. Coincidence ? Or maybe an inflated search algorithm due to a smaller perceived player base.

Virologic

Noob need help

Post by Virologic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:24 pm

How do i unlink a node? Is it even possible or is my pattern permanent?

Dark_Knight

Post by Dark_Knight » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 am

I love the game. But I want a way where I can hack myself to test my network setup. Also, something where your defense could evolve as it is attacked over time.

LadTy

Re: Noob need help

Post by LadTy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:37 am

Virologic wrote:How do i unlink a node? Is it even possible or is my pattern permanent?
You can disconnect nodes the same way you connect them - by holding your finger on one of the nodes, than draggin it to another. But you can only remove connections which will not lead to a disconnected network (a network that would tear apart if the connection was not there). The connections you can remove will be colored red.
Probably easier to understand way of rearranging your network though is using the Rebuild mode -> open your Build menu (the place where you buy nodes) and click on the red [Rebuild] button in the top left corner ;)
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Protector

Post by Protector » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:52 pm

I like this game has really good describing names on hacking, such as compiler and stuff. I don't like that it doesn't have more.. let's put it this way..more realistic things. You (maybe) could work on that so as for a newbie-or not to be able to understand and learn some things. Also a black screen as a terminal saying TRACEROUTE X... when you connect to someone might be cooler. Maybe if you add some realistic 'windows' (as the one of a terminal) it could be even cooler!! Sry if this post goes to another thread..I'm too lazy to copy-paste and find the right place for this post :) I'm sure you'll read it ;)

iSpy

Post by iSpy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:23 pm

On 2 separate occasions now while attacking another player who has a code gate connected to a guardian I have dealt double damage in one blow to the structure using the blaster program with a supporting beam cannon, however i think it's an interaction between the blaster and the code gate while/shortly after it has been protected by the guardian. On both occasions one single blaster shot has dealt double damage. It doesn't occur with every blaster shot onto the structure, which led me to believe it's the restocking of the protection.
Level: 29
Updated: 04/11/2016

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:42 pm

iSpy wrote:On 2 separate occasions now while attacking another player who has a code gate connected to a guardian I have dealt double damage in one blow to the structure using the blaster program with a supporting beam cannon, however i think it's an interaction between the blaster and the code gate while/shortly after it has been protected by the guardian. On both occasions one single blaster shot has dealt double damage. It doesn't occur with every blaster shot onto the structure, which led me to believe it's the restocking of the protection.
Battering ram = profit vs code gated guardians

iSpy

Post by iSpy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Battering ram = profit vs code gated guardians
Depends on your priorities. I prefer time effective programs, to compare:

lv 2 Battering ram
110 str
10 mins
B 60

lv 3 Blaster
59 str
5 mins
B 40

Pretty easy to get 3 objectives with either imo, in most situations battering ram requires an ice wall to back it up, the blaster allows instead for an additional beam cannon (lv7 +33str) by disabling the structure every few seconds. When you include the additional blaster, thats 92 str versus 110, with the blaster strat you dont need to change programs to destroy the structure after the wall is down. I haven't timed both strats for effectiveness but the difference isn't noticeable. Therefore you're saving 5 mins setting up for each attack and some B coin
Level: 29
Updated: 04/11/2016