What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
pop

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by pop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:48 am

I'm leaving the game because of the constant changes that go unannounced and change how my entire game play is balanced.

Your support is a pain in the ass to find

I'm tired of looking for targets and getting people maybe within 3-4 levels while I'm constantly getting raped by those at least 8 levels above me who can just walk through any setup I try.

Cool concept, but you really gotta slow down on all the rebalancing that's obviously happening without any notice (every login just about at least one or 2 programs have completely changed).

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:04 pm

pop wrote: Cool concept, but you really gotta slow down on all the rebalancing that's obviously happening without any notice (every login just about at least one or 2 programs have completely changed).
Like what programs for example?

pop

Post by pop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Shruiken is constantly changing (that one gets little tiny mention in news at least). Worms, shields, and access have all changed without notice (I've watched the attack stat or time taken change in small increments). Not to mention shocker being obviously near worthless as evidenced by a good number of level 30 players grouping all their defensive nodes in one blob recently.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:16 pm

pop wrote:Shruiken is constantly changing (that one gets little tiny mention in news at least). Worms, shields, and access have all changed without notice (I've watched the attack stat or time taken change in small increments).
No changes on our side except the ones announced in NEWS in game.

pop

Post by pop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 pm

Dunno what to tell your, also initial load after most recent update basically black screened and froze out my LG g5 for couple min today then when I got in was soo slow I lost retrace attempt cause the white loading screen froze in last second (saw their network, but had little remnant of loading animation left).

Shields definitely changed and are too pricey (they are absolutely essential after like level 10 and you need at LEAST 6 and at 120 b coins for level 6 is insane). Also, players should be given more "install" space (been waiting 3 weeks and still don't even have enough b coin storage to even think of saving to upgrade libraries).

The little changes annoy me, but the overall balance is what has me leaving between level 20 and 30 game is awesome like chess. After 30 it becomes insane.

I've been donating (prolly spent $100 in 4 months) and I'm still saying this I can't imagine what it's like for those who can't afford regular credit buys I'd have left a month ago prolly.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:51 pm

pop wrote:Shields definitely changed
There was no change in shields since release. All the numbers are on wiki. We do not make unannounced changes like this.

pop

Post by pop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Well all I can tell you is I'm VERY used to shields in particular (and just bout everything cept portal now), and something has changed which affected shields (maybe not their stats directly, but something has changed their behavior). Look that's minor.

As I keep trying to point out it's the overall game balance and PvP matching which is killing me I get people within like 3-4 levels when searching, but then get attacked by those 8 levels+ above mine and they just blow on my nodes and they turn red. I think how you award points toward level needs adjust badly I've seen guys with multiple level 8 turrets, level 6 gates and level 4 black ices labeled level 26 while me at 31 just barely got 2 level 8 anti virus one level 7 turret and level 6 gates.

From a user perspective it feels really lopsided, and I've been reading everything and watching replays and killing myself to find the thing that just feels like either I'm totally missing or others have somehow found cheats for. I'm not just some semi disgruntled misinformed newbie taking out frustrations on the forums I promise.

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:32 pm

pop wrote:Well all I can tell you is I'm VERY used to shields in particular (and just bout everything cept portal now), and something has changed which affected shields (maybe not their stats directly, but something has changed their behavior). Look that's minor.
Might just be the people you are hacking have higher Anti-virus and defenses now. I managed to get the 3rd compiler upgrade and think I've only been playing 2 weeks and a couple of days. Try the 0 rep stealth hack technique.
As I keep trying to point out it's the overall game balance and PvP matching which is killing me I get people within like 3-4 levels when searching, but then get attacked by those 8 levels+ above mine and they just blow on my nodes and they turn red. I think how you award points toward level needs adjust badly I've seen guys with multiple level 8 turrets, level 6 gates and level 4 black ices labeled level 26 while me at 31 just barely got 2 level 8 anti virus one level 7 turret and level 6 gates.
I'm not sure about this, but I think that low level players with high defenses have terrible program levels.

Probably spent about £50 by now. Stuff does take a long time, and using more than 2 build threads on one node is pretty much pointless, so why I'd spend 2000 credits on a 5th is beyond me at this point.

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm

pop wrote:I'm leaving the game because of the constant changes that go unannounced and change how my entire game play is balanced.

Your support is a pain in the ass to find

I'm tired of looking for targets and getting people maybe within 3-4 levels while I'm constantly getting raped by those at least 8 levels above me who can just walk through any setup I try.

Cool concept, but you really gotta slow down on all the rebalancing that's obviously happening without any notice (every login just about at least one or 2 programs have completely changed).
I can say this, they have done little to this game since it came out. What you think is a change is most likely other players leveling up there networks. Which is constantly changing. Even me who is level 45 I can say my base changes almost every other day. The only things I am aware of they have changed in game that effects most is player search on the world search, which they seem to change at their whim, I have noticed it has changed at least 5 times since I started playing. They also have changed the amount of time you need to be logout every 3 hours times several times. That is the only things I am aware they really have changed. I do not count adding languages to the game as a change since it really does not effect the majority of the people playing. Oh I forgot they boosted beams and lowered the cost of beams. Which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. That was long ago though so. Any ways the changes you claim are happening are not. They have not even address any of the many game breaking bugs in the game, so you can rest assured that the game is not changing any where near as much as you have claimed. The changes you are witnessing are the networks them selves you have attacked.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

brzytki

Post by brzytki » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

pop wrote: As I keep trying to point out it's the overall game balance and PvP matching which is killing me I get people within like 3-4 levels when searching, but then get attacked by those 8 levels+ above mine and they just blow on my nodes and they turn red. I think how you award points toward level needs adjust badly I've seen guys with multiple level 8 turrets, level 6 gates and level 4 black ices labeled level 26 while me at 31 just barely got 2 level 8 anti virus one level 7 turret and level 6 gates.

From a user perspective it feels really lopsided, and I've been reading everything and watching replays and killing myself to find the thing that just feels like either I'm totally missing or others have somehow found cheats for. I'm not just some semi disgruntled misinformed newbie taking out frustrations on the forums I promise.
I've already ranted about the search function and how i was constantly getting people 7-8 levels above me and almost none below me but they tweaked the search function since and both level and rep ranges decreased and i'm pretty content with what i get now.

About the differences in nodes' levels you see, it most likely means that the people with higher defenses have lower offense (programs) and/or lower level resource nodes. I'm level 28 now, with both high level defensive nodes and programs but my resources levels (apart from the storage ones) are really low for my Core (lvl 8) - i have 2 B-mines lvl 9/10 and 2 server farms lvl 7/12 when the max i could get is 17! And i'm actually thinking of deleting one server farm when i reach Core lvl 9 because i see no benefit of keeping it. Especially now, when i researched portal and made 1,5+ mil $ and 50k B-coins twice in a row in the last two days.