What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
SxSnipeR

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by SxSnipeR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:42 pm

As with all free to play games, "credits" are a method at which to advance faster than usual in a game, support the developers and get nice little features like skins. They are by no means necessary.

The algorithm at the bottom right does no more than search for potential victims around the world. There is no way to get more credits faster except getting a job, not paying your gas bill or refusing to pay your TV license (UK) and paying Trickster some money for them.

you are given a certain number of opportunities to gain free credits, such as completing daily tasks and collecting the "lost credit cards" on the world map that randomly appear.

T2w0s

Post by T2w0s » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I like..
3D network
Game mechanics
The red Earth in 'world' :)
Interface (it is so simple)

I don't like..
The same person hack me 2 times or more in one day
I search players to hack but, sometimes it doesn't change targets so i spend money for nothing

overall, i like this game more i dislike it.
Current level: 36
(2017/04/14)
*puf*

rusty

Post by rusty » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Been loving the game till recently.

Have gotten to the point where it is almost impossible to save up anything for an upgrade. When i almost get enough i will get muliple hacks back to back till it is gone. Rinse and repeat the next day.

I have tried restructuring but most of the people hacking me have upgrades way over anything i can defend. Getting the feeling i either have to whip out the credit card for everything or drop the game at this point

momofatts

Post by momofatts » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:23 pm

I'm lvl 20 and have been playing for a few weeks now at least. So far I really enjoy the game for the most part.

I like: The design/idea of the game overall. It's a fresh take on a mmo.

With the game being so new I can see multiple ways it needs to be balanced. I don't dislike these things but I think they can be tweaked to make it easier for new players.

1. The price of programs after upgrading them increases I think to much making it harder to make b coins let alone break even. I think the price should increase but not double.

2. I think there should be some type of delay in the time in between you being attacked or its almost impossible to save without being online constantly and with over 1mil down loads from Google play I'm sure the player base is building to allow this.

3. When searching for new targets 1 the price needs to be reduced per lvl so u can make gold and for me it seems I get more people are much higher lvl than me some being 10+ lvl. I don't know what is considered in the search, is it rank, lvl, or just random? When ur trying to farm b coins or gold you would want people usually 3 lvls higher or lower to make it easier. No way I can hack a lvl 30 when I'm lvls 20.

That's a few of the things that stand out to me mostly and reading the forums a lot of the people here feel the same.

Thank you for a great game and I hope to see it get better so we can continue enjoying it.

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm a level 31 at the moment.. And my biggest dislike is time.. I'm running with 4 building threads not 5 yet.. But I farm to upgrade things and when I'm busy upgrading, (such as that lovely scanner right now) I can pretty much forget about playing till the upgrade is complete, or I can plan it right to have the moola again for the next upgrade.. Since hording up resources is a sure fire way to get hacked, I'm trying to build up rep to buy a sweet sweet skin my eyes fancy.. If all your threads are busy with something you can't do much with your excess resources, could play for fun but your rep will get nuked to dust town the moment you go offline.. Things take for ever to build later on and the cost to rush em gets to stupid prices.. I know its to balance things out so don't go and change it, all I'm saying is I don't like having nothing to do
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

momofatts

Post by momofatts » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Sibernetika wrote:I'm a level 31 at the moment.. And my biggest dislike is time.. I'm running with 4 building threads not 5 yet.. But I farm to upgrade things and when I'm busy upgrading, (such as that lovely scanner right now) I can pretty much forget about playing till the upgrade is complete, or I can plan it right to have the moola again for the next upgrade.. Since hording up resources is a sure fire way to get hacked, I'm trying to build up rep to buy a sweet sweet skin my eyes fancy.. If all your threads are busy with something you can't do much with your excess resources, could play for fun but your rep will get nuked to dust town the moment you go offline.. Things take for ever to build later on and the cost to rush em gets to stupid prices.. I know its to balance things out so don't go and change it, all I'm saying is I don't like having nothing to do
I have to agree with this also. Not getting a shield after being hacked there is no reason to play and store resources while ur build que is full. I would like to play more but I feel like it's a waste of time to play and gain resources to just have them all taken because u can't use them until your current upgrades are finished.

cling

Post by cling » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:49 pm

I haven't read most of the posts, but I guess I'm in the same boat as many.

Pros:
Love the original game, it's definitely very unique and very intriguing.
Freedom of building your network which leads to a limitless number of network.

Cons:
It seems that as soon as you start to build up money to upgrade a building your targeted very heavily.
No network can be protected when attacked by someone 10 levels above you, so you're a sitting duck, very frustrating. When I've been stuck with the same buildings and can't save enough because as soon as I get close I'm hacked multiple times losing 190k coins per hack.

ScopeCZ

Post by ScopeCZ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm

I like this game but There is error in Czech localisation, bcoin mine and credit production facility showing production per second (my Bc mine showing 130/s for example) instead of production per hour.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:11 pm

ScopeCZ wrote:I like this game but There is error in Czech localisation, bcoin mine and credit production facility showing production per second (my Bc mine showing 130/s for example) instead of production per hour.
Thanks, fixed, will be in next update.

SxSnipeR

Post by SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:14 am

I enjoy the game, but like others have said, its kinda annoying when you have nothing to do, but maybe thats intentional to give other people the fair chance to obtain resources. The credits are very sparce, there should be a few more opportunities such as level based hacks that reward 100 odd credits on a weekend event or something. Many free to play games do weekend events that give out free credits. I feel it makes the game feel more generous and actually make me more likely to buy credits, also gives those who literally have no money like kids at school play more.

As the levels become higher, around 30, I feel it takes longer and longer to level up, meaning the gap between a level 12 and level 18 is quite small in relativity to a level 32 and 38.

When doing a search algorithm the level gap should reduce accordingly, because you have absolutely no chance against the higher level people. Might just balance it out a tiny bit more.

Someone also pointed out the cost of upgraded programs. Double the cost for portal and wraith is way too much when you look at the benefit they grant. Can't really change that now, but it does make me hold back on upgrading things like them.