What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Nanix

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Nanix » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Okay so, I read through about 12 pages of ideas/complaints, and I must say I resented posting my share. So many ideas that are easy to follow, but putting in my two bit coins would really only reiterate them.

Guess it can't hurt though.

1) I would like to see a name change to the game, perhaps Ergo. Hackers isn't very appealing or easy to explain to someone that does not know about the game.

2) Maybe make the upgrade times for programs smaller. I understand compilation times, as well as developement times. But upgrading from a level one Ram to a level two should not take 18 hours. That's insane.

3) Slightly lower the compilation cost of some programs in their later levels i.e. Ice Wall costing an extra 15 Bit Coins per upgrade level, not an extra 30.

All in all though, I love this game, and I look forward to upcoming changes. Feedback is always appreciated.
IGN: Giylis
Level: 55
Core: 12
Hai ^-^

90skushkid

Post by 90skushkid » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Nanix wrote: 2) Maybe make the upgrade times for programs smaller. I understand compilation times, as well as developement times. But upgrading from a level one Ram to a level two should not take 18 hours. That's insane.
lol. wait till you upgrade your scanner to lvl 8. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Kekkats

Post by Kekkats » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Something else that has been driving me crazy is when im planning to upgrade something and i dont have enough resources for said upgrade it just tells the price for upgrade and not how long the upgrade will actuallu take, i try not to keep too much resources on me so it discourages players from attacking, then i get on hack all the resources i need and upgrade, THEN it tells me how long its gonna take. I like to plan whats im going to upgrade next before i have the resources nessary to do so.

Tldr: let upgrade times able to be seen even if we dont have enough resources for it.
Kekkats waz here lol

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 am

Kekkats wrote:I like to plan whats im going to upgrade next before i have the resources nessary to do so.
I agree, it would be nice to have it display the cost, time taken and Core level needed all on the same item. Until then though, there's the wiki! http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Hackers_Wikia
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

kuzu

Post by kuzu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 am

This game is lacking some important information in game. It would be better if we can check connection number and size (how many program can be installed) of node before we build it. And it would be nice if we can check size of each node of own internet, especially for new player.
And Code gate function (extended install time of Access) is essential for anti stealth defense so should be listed on in game description of Code gate, not just one of loading time tips.
Sorry if there is already same comment. Thank you for good game!

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:48 am

The Black Ices looks amazing in the Wraith training session!

Blitz2

Post by Blitz2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:00 am

Love the game, love the readme file system, love the diversity of attack programs. Although I think there could be more business nodes or more defense programs.
Blitz

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 am

I'll tell you one thing I particularly like: unlike similar games following the Clash of Clans model, there is no clan/guild system that punishes people who try to play solo. I hate those systems.

I would like to see more interaction with other players, though. Chat, offline messaging, friends, enemies, frienemies... Rather than clans, have a mentorship system. Once you hit level cap (or some other high level threshold), you can invite a handful of players to mentor under you. For demonstration purposes, let's assume you can mentor up to 24 players. Each time your students gain a new level, you gain reputation (scaling appropriately so low levels aren't worth as much as much as high levels). The mentor and all students also gain a separate, second daily challenge that occupies a fourth challenge slot which resets daily. For every 5 people that complete the mentor challenge, every student will receive 1 credit and the mentor will receive 3 credits. This can be tracked by the mentor, so he may choose to message or kick inactive students. Additionally, the mentor and students can gift each other credits at no fee (gifting credits outside a mentor group would have a fee). Once a student hits level cap (or whatever threshold), they are automatically removed from the mentor group and a text box explains they can now mentor others. This system could, of course, be painted differently to obfuscate the fact it's a mentorship system. You could call it a "business system", with "employee" hackers completing daily "business missions".
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Boscogn

Post by Boscogn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am

2. CoC playstyle.
3. Builder threads. Especially assigning all to 1 node.
4. Not pay to win. Can play competitively without paying $$ just takes longer.

Dislikes:
1. Weak Multiplayer features. No Hacker Groups (clans) or anyway to communicate to anyone else besides readme file.
2. Descriptions. I've never gotten a good feel about what something does from the descriptions. I mostly have to wait to see it before I'm like ohhh I want that. Maybe instead of descriptions there could be a quick animation of what it does?
3. Matchmaking. I get matched with people who I have 0% chance of penetrating and get attacked by the same person more frequently then I should.

Ideas:
1. Make an irc chat or in game chat that looks like an irc.
2. Hacker groups. Player made groups that function as a way to identify themselves and create a notoriety in-game. Hacker group wars sounds fun too.
3. Animations for Nodes/Programs instead of vague text descriptions.
4. Instead of arrow at bottom of screen make that info available by clicking on our player level.
fsociety00.dat
IGN: Mr.Robot
IP: USA, CA

Cybertron

Post by Cybertron » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:27 pm

WhaT I like: EVERYTHING
What I dont like: Ive been hacked by the same person like four times already even though i dont retrace him. literally I dont tap "retrace" but he keepz hacking me.