What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
90skushkid

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by 90skushkid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Kekkats wrote:Also i think the "story" missions r a bit too much in terms of difficulty, make them alittle easier when in the lower levels and then up the difficulty when player gets stronger, ive been stuck on the same 3 missions and just waiting to upgrade everything else in order to even try them again, idk but since im a fairly new player i found it really discouraging, i like the game so im gonna stick with it for a little bit and see what changes, but i had to fight the urge to find another game already is not a good sign, fingers crossed though

I mean to be honest bro you just have to play the game man. ive yet to purchase any credits. I haven't used any real money to play this game "YET" lol. but im lvl 18 with a lvl 6 core I got up to the kraken as far as programs are concerned. I have a guardian, 2 code gates lvl 3 or 4, 2 black ice, scanner everything and im only 5 lvls above you. its just patience man. like homie mentioned above if you haven't played this type of gaming style that's how it is. its patience. time is a factor. lol just gotta grind it out.
IGN - 90skushkid
Lvl 29
Core 7
REP 500-600
IP - south florida.

"Smoke That Kush!" "Smokin in my Wraith, Drinkin on some Worms"
:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Kekkats

Post by Kekkats » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:52 am

Something ive been noticing more and more when i play is when im attacking or trying to move the screen around for my next target node the screen likes to zoom in all the way, usually messing up loosing node and trying again while i contiue to rotate camera angle
Kekkats waz here lol

VeryBinary

Post by VeryBinary » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 pm

There is only one thing that I'm not liking, the navigation.
What about switching the one finger and 2 finger swipe? Or a toggle in settings so one finger is locked to one axis, and we can fly around and zoom with two fingers?

Gunrunner

Post by Gunrunner » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:45 am

Love the game. It's original, well thought-out, and it looks cool. I'm only level 10 atm, and haven't gotten my pawz on many warez as of yet, but there's one thing that bugs me.

When you've been hacked, the dastardly villian who did the deed can access a certian amount of funds that aren't in your network, that is, sums that you've placed into your bank. Not all, but a significant amount of your bank gets drained. This is unfair, particularly at lower levels when it can take days to amass the funds for a single upgrade. I can understand that any sums (cash or B) that are actually in your network are fair game. But I would assume that banked funds were either hard currancy or stored offsite in a secure location.

I'd like to see this mechanic either removed, or dumbed down significantly. 5 or 10 percent would be fair, but if I'm crunching these numbers correctly, it's more like 30 or 35. Way over the top for supposedly secured funds.

Stikman

Post by Stikman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:46 pm

What i dont like...
That i play to hack and my score is gztting too hight ... so when i serch for other player to hack ther i habe 10 lvl more then me .... so i let them hack me to loose sm point and can hack others low lvl or a 4 lvl more ... but naw i m stuck with player lvl 23 to 31 .... and i m lvl 18 Wtf!!

Kekkats

Post by Kekkats » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:48 am

Stikman wrote:What i dont like...
That i play to hack and my score is gztting too hight ... so when i serch for other player to hack ther i habe 10 lvl more then me .... so i let them hack me to loose sm point and can hack others low lvl or a 4 lvl more ... but naw i m stuck with player lvl 23 to 31 .... and i m lvl 18 Wtf!!

Im in the same boat lol
Kekkats waz here lol

VLarian

Post by VLarian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 am

Gunrunner wrote:Love the game. It's original, well thought-out, and it looks cool. I'm only level 10 atm, and haven't gotten my pawz on many warez as of yet, but there's one thing that bugs me.

When you've been hacked, the dastardly villian who did the deed can access a certian amount of funds that aren't in your network, that is, sums that you've placed into your bank. Not all, but a significant amount of your bank gets drained. This is unfair, particularly at lower levels when it can take days to amass the funds for a single upgrade. I can understand that any sums (cash or B) that are actually in your network are fair game. But I would assume that banked funds were either hard currancy or stored offsite in a secure location.

I'd like to see this mechanic either removed, or dumbed down significantly. 5 or 10 percent would be fair, but if I'm crunching these numbers correctly, it's more like 30 or 35. Way over the top for supposedly secured funds.
If the hackable wares are only 10%, then you would never get back the value of the b coins you spent in the programs in the hack. It's currently 30%. You'll see that it's fair.

Gunrunner

Post by Gunrunner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm

We may be miscommunicating. I'm specifically referring to sums in your bank, not sums in your network. Sums in the network are fair game, of course. And contrary to your statement that returns don't equal the risks, I've pulled scores if not hundreds of B-coin off a single node. Well worth the expense.

My issue is, at 30% a hack, you could be destitute after only a few successful assaults. I've experienced that same scenario just recently.

Perhaps a compromise, bank sums could be invulnerable at low levels (below say, 5?), 10 to 15% loss up to 10 or 15, then 30 from there on out. Such a scheme would make it easier for beginning players to get on thier feet, while not penalizing them for having to log out from time to time.

balanceffs

Post by balanceffs » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:45 am

Looting systems is not good. Most cash players (lvl 30-40+) just wrecks your base and loot almost 1/3 or your bank that you have been saving up. This needs to be fixed asap. One of the cases to is the same player looting your base over and over. What gives? You save up your resources for God knows how many attacks. Then this high level player just comes in, grabs 1/3 or the loot, if your lucky, another 30+ loots you again. This game will be over before anyone knew it existed. Balance the game before you ask for $$. It's not fair.

Silly

Post by Silly » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Don't like :

Pretty impossible stack enough resource to upgrade at some point.
Compilation time is tooo long... i bought 2 extra cores to support the authors, but i don't really want pay this game more.
Those 2 things are related considering you can't hack more often than 1 every 20 min if you don't buy credits
Probably the core should be more important... at some point everyone put it near the connection nodes because Kracken is unstoppable.
I would like to have more options to setup my defenses ... there isn't enough variety .
Sometime i feel like i playing a "payforwin" game...

Like:
The game is fun with a lot of potential, no idea about your cost and if you can handle non toxic freemium models.

Nice work.