Leveling

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Eroseus

Leveling

Post by Eroseus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 am

I see people that have way higher lvl core, viruses, and defenses but still are the same lvl as me. Why are they so high in everything but still be low lvl?

Luminaar

Re: Leveling

Post by Luminaar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Eroseus wrote:I see people that have way higher lvl core, viruses, and defenses but still are the same lvl as me. Why are they so high in everything but still be low lvl?
Your network level increases when you upgrade nodes and also when you upgrade programs. People who rush their Core (and Sentries for the stronger antivirus) usually have other lower than average level nodes, and have only upgraded a few programs, usually Beam Cannon and Ice Wall.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Eroseus

Post by Eroseus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Thanks for your reply but I'm not following you. No way am I rushing anything - especially the Core. I see many players MY LEVEL or LOWER with HIGHER LEVEL of basically everything and in some instances more of it. I agree that basically I buy/upgrade anything and I LEVEL UP - way too fast it appears. Is there a hack? What is the strategy so that you don't level up too fast?

Eroseus

Post by Eroseus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:16 pm

And just so it's clear - my Core is the last thing I level up. I ONLY level it up when everything else in my network NEEDS a higher level Core. Repeat - WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE in my NETWORK needs a HIGHER level Core. Is that my problem? Any help in this would be most appreciated as this is hell as frustrating.

Luminaar

Post by Luminaar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Eroseus wrote:I see people that have way higher lvl core, viruses, and defenses but still are the same lvl as me. Why are they so high in everything but still be low lvl?
Your network level increases when you upgrade nodes and also when you upgrade programs. People who rush their Core (and Sentries for the stronger antivirus) usually have other lower than average level nodes, and have only upgraded a few programs, usually Beam Cannon and Ice Wall.
I'm implying that other people may have rushed their core and sentries, not yourself :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Hackercritic

Post by Hackercritic » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Maybe it's cause you chose to level up your collectors as well. Likely that other people chose to not level up their collectors at all or very little and instead focus all their resources on core, defenses, storage and programs

Eroseus

Post by Eroseus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm

@Hackercritic: I see where you are coming from. The collectors I do need to max out so that I can have enough storage space to build up my Core, network defenses, and hacking tools. However based on what you said, I probably don't need to max out my currency producers — the B-Coin mine and Server farms. I'll stop upgrading those and see how that works out for me. Thank you for the help. 8-) :D ;)

Hackercritic

Post by Hackercritic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:11 am

Eroseus wrote:@Hackercritic: I see where you are coming from. The collectors I do need to max out so that I can have enough storage space to build up my Core, network defenses, and hacking tools. However based on what you said, I probably don't need to max out my currency producers — the B-Coin mine and Server farms. I'll stop upgrading those and see how that works out for me. Thank you for the help. 8-) :D ;)
What I meant by collectors was the b-coins and server farms, storages are well.... The b-coins and gold storage, but yeah.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:08 am

You can very well manipulate your level by how you choose to upgrade your network. Kind of a secret to the game, I don't need to discuss much more without giving it all away. Kind of a game hack.