Search function timeout server-side?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
JYoung

Search function timeout server-side?

Post by JYoung » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 am

I seem to be getting a search function time out server side.

Why server side?
Because I have tried seven different network connections including an ISP using a fiber network with same issue over 3 devices .

I even thought it might have been my network connection after reading the forum, which is why I done the testing.

It seams to have started Monday, then progressively gotten worse till the search function causes the game to time out and reload every time as of today.

What did you guys change ?

JYoung

Re: Search function timeout server-side?

Post by JYoung » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:44 am

BTW, I have tried reinstalling the game, clearing cache & Data.

Trickster
Site Admin

Post by Trickster » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:00 am

Please send me PM with name/level/country of your network. I will check

JYoung

Post by JYoung » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:08 pm

PortWolf/44/Antarctica

Can't PM.
Says : We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.

Also uploading phone Screenshots doesn't work, says files to large.
This can be changed in phpbb admin area under maximum allowed file size.

Size: 1440x2560
File Size: 518kb

theintelligentboy

Post by theintelligentboy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 pm

JYoung wrote:PortWolf/44/Antarctica

Can't PM.
Says : We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.

Upload on imgur.com and use [img] tag instead.

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44 am

JYoung wrote:PortWolf/44/Antarctica

Can't PM.

I have this issue too. Normally it takes too long for the system to find relevant matches for you. Usually it will time out and the game will refresh. However if you press "Next" and wait for 5 seconds, then click "Home" button. It will usually refresh the list for you. This bypasses the hassle of the game refreshing.

I noticed that this only occurs at either very high rep or very low reps with lack of players for you to attack.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:04 am

I noticed search is tweaked again. I know its a constant evolution here. Don't know how I have felt about it lately. It seems to have a cycle like some sort of rotation. Sometimes certain players get stuck in mine as I do theirs. Like I can almost map out and guess who will be in my next few searches if I chain it around a few times.

But I have noticed most of today that the server side times out A LOT! I am on a very stable upgraded network now. Before I was on my mobile. It backs out to the hacker menu and drops. At least today very noticeable.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:06 am

Pretty much what J said. About the rep search function. I dropped down -400 rep to see what is on the other end of the spectrum. Lots of time outs with searches. I didn't have this problem yesterday when I was +500. Actually noticed networks were more difficult to hack in the lower rep range than higher. Seems like the game is changing.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:14 am

Just tested this and can confirm. If you drop down to sub 100 rep, almost every search the server times out.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:31 am

Ugggg I miss the old search way better. Hardly anyone in range when you get levels. Even if you climb rep. Went down 500 and now going back up its the same people in rotation. It seems to be a bit closer in level and rep. Before it was mostly rep. I have yet to see anyone -10 levels on me. Before when I was in my 20's I could see people in there low 40's and 50's. Now that that I moved up in levels. Its like people +5 or -6. Really slim pickings. Progress is really starting to slow down. Literally no one to hack.