[SOLVED]This game is reaching the stages of pay to win

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Sibernetika

[SOLVED]This game is reaching the stages of pay to win

Post by Sibernetika » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm a level 25 and can't even progress further due to getting obliterated by people far far far out of my league, getting my are handed to me several times a day by people level 33 - 38 is not an uncommon sight, I now have to pay if I just want to upgrade something.. I have no problem supporting the developers, I have bought several build threads and when I reach a higher rep state Will buy the skins I like, but to fork out money just to progress in the game is not cool.. Everyone here will probably say I must drop my rep and farm new players, what is that going to accomplish other than chasing away new players before they even got a proper start in the game... This is a problem the devs should really look into fixing.

EDIT: After the latest tweaks things have gotten far more manageable and fair to lower level players as a thank you my next purchase will be golden nodes
Last edited by Sibernetika on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

CerberusArc

Re: This game is reaching the stages of pay to win

Post by CerberusArc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:47 pm

This has been discussed extensively. I will do a short rehash for you:

The problem is that reputation is highly linked to search results for hacking. This results in relatively low level people coming up in the search results of much higher level people if that lower level person also has high reputation.

The solution is to forcibly decrease your reputation. I would suggest lowering it below 500.

Of course, there are many ways to do this. The easiest is to use stealth programs like a single access. Use the program and then disconnect the hack. It will be counted as a failure and you will lose rep. However, since it is stealth, you cannot be traced.

Good luck, and keep building up.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Its not pay to win, lower your rep, hack other targets and reset your 3 hour limit before its up. You will make progress and upgrades and then be able to move up to higher ranks and demolish people +20 lvls than you.

As I keep repeating myself. This post should be locked and closed due to rule #1 and rule #2

I am lvl 35 and my juicy targets I hunt for are lvls 48+ and low 50's.

So I don't see any lvl 50s coming here to post.

Wahhhhhhhh cry cry lvl 35's are hacking me and im lvl 50 this isn't fair this games pay to win. It isn't. Adjust to the game, hack your target, progress and win. Stop crying about something that isn't true. It certainly isn't true and your spreading false information. Games fine learn to play.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Kinda getting tired of constantly seeing these types of posts so I'd like to ask the OP some questions to understand what's going through their head.

You're being targeted by players stronger than you. You have two options: fight (retrace, search for high level players to hack) or run (stealth hack, lower rep). Which option do you choose?

You find a player weaker than you and has resources for you to steal. Same question - do you fight or run/spare?

If you answered fight against stronger players, then you should expect to get your ass handed to you like you mentioned.
If you answered run/spare against weaker players, then you should expect to have a tough time gathering resources.

What kind of a game rewards someone for being weak by letting them ignore stronger players?
What kind of a game punishes someone for being strong by not letting them attack weaker players?

And one final question: What is your definition of progress?
To build and upgrade everything on your network to the max? Or to have a high rep on the leaderboards? Or something else entirely?

Seems to me that some players including you have an entirely different set of expectations for how a game should be played than other players/the developers. Rather than throwing money blindly at the game, maybe consider changing how or what you play for.

Barons

Post by Barons » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Sibernetika wrote:I'm a level 25 and can't even progress further due to getting obliterated by people far far far out of my league, getting my are handed to me several times a day by people level 33 - 38 is not an uncommon sight, I now have to pay if I just want to upgrade something.. I have no problem supporting the developers, I have bought several build threads and when I reach a higher rep state Will buy the skins I like, but to fork out money just to progress in the game is not cool.. Everyone here will probably say I must drop my rep and farm new players, what is that going to accomplish other than chasing away new players before they even got a proper start in the game... This is a problem the devs should really look into fixing.
The devs have so many problems they should really look into fixing that this is probably pretty far down on the to do list. If indeed it is actually a problem. I haven't personally ran into it myself but I have some pro tips for you.

*Dont make yourself a juicy target. The math is simple take how many bit coins you have and multiple by 0.30. That will help you figure out how many people will be willing to happily beat you up, take your shoes, hat, and coat then turn you upside down and shake out your pockets. I'm lvl 24 and 2k+ bcoins is at the low end of my target zone. 4k+ and I'll compile a set of programs just for you. :D in short hack your loot then spend it.

*Search longer, It's the most important part of hacking. At our lvl it's still pretty cheap to search away until we find that poor bastard who was one hack away from his upgrade when he got to his 3 hour mark. 10k+ paydays happen every now and then but 6k is pretty easy to find. At my current capacity four 6k hacks and I'm maxed out and upgrading. Today I logged in and started my lvl 7 beam upgrade for 24k in about an hour. Then after a 140k and 200k gold hack I started my scanner to lvl 7.

Now I'm totally broke and no one wants to hack me and I don't have shit to do in game for a really long time. :|

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:56 am

For yopee

Progress is moving forward in the game and not staying in one place.. I have a general code I hack people in a +-4 levels region there is level 17 and 18s popping cup on my list but I know what it feels like when some dick hacks my that is way beyond my reach so I don't hack them out of professional courtesy, nor do I feel like Rambo and go hack someone that's mere sentry can rip my lvl6 ice wall a new one, that's just asking for trouble, my stealth programs is way to low at level 3 to make a sufficient run to their resources with their scanner level, and hacking their core with a steal run is not worth the rep vs the resources it cost me, I actually lose out on such hacks.. Having to force myself to lower rep just so I do not end up bending over and spreading my ass checks screaming free rape over here is not an excuse for bad coding, it should at least take your level in consideration as well
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 am

If really needs be they must stop your rep from increasing past a certain level until your current level is sufficient enough for more rep
send nudes

Barons

Post by Barons » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:40 am

Sibernetika wrote:For yopee

Progress is moving forward in the game and not staying in one place.. I have a general code I hack people in a +-4 levels region there is level 17 and 18s popping cup on my list but I know what it feels like when some dick hacks my that is way beyond my reach so I don't hack them out of professional courtesy, nor do I feel like Rambo and go hack someone that's mere sentry can rip my lvl6 ice wall a new one, that's just asking for trouble, my stealth programs is way to low at level 3 to make a sufficient run to their resources with their scanner level, and hacking their core with a steal run is not worth the rep vs the resources it cost me, I actually lose out on such hacks.. Having to force myself to lower rep just so I do not end up bending over and spreading my ass checks screaming free rape over here is not an excuse for bad coding, it should at least take your level in consideration as well
It's possible I'm sure to never hack folks lower than you but that's not really taking into account the reality of how the game has been designed. If you are set on applying this moral code to your play style more power to you. However it seems like adding an unnecessary level of difficulty to me.

I really only pay attention to how much loot they have and how easily I can get it. Does your code of ethics also prevent you from hacking people with really poorly designed networks? Or what about folks with a rediclous amount of loot? If hacking folks lower level than you makes you feel bad do you also pass up those bad network designs and guys with excessive amounts of loot?

To each his own of course but I'd recommend just going for loot and avoid trying to be the nice hacker.

Yopee

Post by Yopee » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:16 am

Barons wrote:
Sibernetika wrote:For yopee

It's possible I'm sure to never hack folks lower than you but that's not really taking into account the reality of how the game has been designed. If you are set on applying this moral code to your play style more power to you. However it seems like adding an unnecessary level of difficulty to me.

I really only pay attention to how much loot they have and how easily I can get it. Does your code of ethics also prevent you from hacking people with really poorly designed networks? Or what about folks with a rediclous amount of loot? If hacking folks lower level than you makes you feel bad do you also pass up those bad network designs and guys with excessive amounts of loot?

To each his own of course but I'd recommend just going for loot and avoid trying to be the nice hacker.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Sibernetika wrote:If really needs be they must stop your rep from increasing past a certain level until your current level is sufficient enough for more rep
But you're in complete control over your reputation. I understand why you would complain about level but rep is entirely in your hands.
Not only can you keep your rep at around the same range, you can also drop it or raise it.
The developers have given you all control over your rep so how can they control it even more than it is now?

kyobinbou

Post by kyobinbou » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 am

You are your own enemy.

There's nothing wrong with having a "code of honor" but that mindset is going to hinder your growth.

Its just a game, if you hack lower level players, just think of it as giving them an opportunity to get back at you.

The hack matching is currently designed in such a way that players will hack our get hacked within their reputation range irregardless of level. It's either you ignore that fact or take advantage of it.

Just my two cents.