Why I'm quitting

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Archamonius

Why I'm quitting

Post by Archamonius » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:41 am

I've loved this game since launch and have been playing it pretty much every day. I loved how different layouts could prompt different hacks and strategies. But recently it's taken a depressing turn. I'm level 32 and the majority of my hacks come from level 40's with level 12+beam cannons who just smash their way through my defenses, no matter the layout. Even my two level 6 code gates seem pointless. The game has lost all its fun now. I also cannot ever save up enough resources to upgrade anything now as I get hacked before I even get close. I'm sorry the game is like this now, as I thought it had the potential to be something with a much greater strategy element than brute force.

Barons

Re: Why I'm quitting

Post by Barons » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:05 am

Hi Archamonius, welcome to the forums!

There are probably hundreds of thousands of folks who have done the same for one reason or another. Hopefully you'll keep an eye on the game and download it again sometime in the future to see if any progress has been made. I'm only lvl 24 and as my storages are starting to bigger and bigger I'm only starting to get a glimpse of what you may be experiencing.

Out of curiosity does the fact that you are kicked off the game every 3 hours in order to get hacked have a noticeable effect on how difficult it is to save up enough loot to keep your threads busy?

Also what rep are yout at? I've heard if you drop your rep down you'll be surrounded by fewer super high lvl folks. Not sure if you've been to the zero rep zone latley but I'm finding it quite profitable.

Take it easy

SniperK

Post by SniperK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:51 am

Hunt down low levels. Thats my suggestion for you.
This game is kinda like big fish eating small fish
Small fish eating smaller fish and everyone constantly grow. Only the super fish can be capable of eating each other.
If someone starts this game a month ahead of you, theres 0 chance you can beat him . It takes time to develop. Unless you spend money like crazy.
So if youre attacked by bigger fish, just ignore it and hunt down small fish because you need to grow. Dont think about fighting back not a chance. Some day you and him reach the same top level cap then theres your chance to revenge. Before that just target those smaller or equal.
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:50 am

The fact you give up at 32 when the game just starts to get good says a lot.

The fact you are making a forum post about quitting a mobile app like anyone here has even heard of you says a lot.

Its barely been out for 3 months and you already give up?

Pretty sure you will be back in a week.

This post like op is a joke.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 am

Barons wrote:
Out of curiosity does the fact that you are kicked off the game every 3 hours in order to get hacked have a noticeable effect on how difficult it is to save up enough loot to keep your threads busy?

Take it easy
this guy still trying to get people on his limit the 3 hr bandwagon

more jokes, pls let it go and play the dam game

3 hrs is barely enough time 30+ to get resources to upgrade

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:58 am

also op is lvl 32 and getting hacked by lvl 40+

im lvl 35 and hacking lvl 40's and some 50's

the people that hack me the most are lvl 28-33

op is bad and should take a break and come back I really don't believe you cant spend 3hrs and get 1 upgrade or reset your phone and extend your time to 6hrs and get an upgrade

later not everyone is gonna make it to end game

sorry you lost

kuzu

Post by kuzu » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:03 am

I think main problem is that beam cannon become too strong at later levels. It is easy to solve. Simply lower its DPS increase with level up. And decrease cost of other program (or increase beam cannon cost) to encourage use many strategy.

Cybertron

Post by Cybertron » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I suggest you lower your reputation and you could get really good low levels with high resources

Archamonius

Post by Archamonius » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Barons wrote:Also what rep are yout at? I've heard if you drop your rep down you'll be surrounded by fewer super high lvl folks. Not sure if you've been to the zero rep zone latley but I'm finding it quite profitable.
Hey Barons, thank you for your more adult response, *cough* Vnasty *cough*, yeah my rep is around 0-10 I've kept it there on purpose to try and deter higher level players. I definitely think beam cannon is far too powerful at higher levels, and stronger players already have it there, because the cost to upgrade 1-8 was less bcoin than it is now.

Do not get me wrong, this post is for the devs to look at the state of the game and see if anyone else has had similar issues to me. I don't care if no-one knows who I am.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Archamonius wrote:
Barons wrote:Also what rep are yout at? I've heard if you drop your rep down you'll be surrounded by fewer super high lvl folks. Not sure if you've been to the zero rep zone latley but I'm finding it quite profitable.
Hey Barons, thank you for your more adult response, *cough* Vnasty *cough*, yeah my rep is around 0-10 I've kept it there on purpose to try and deter higher level players. I definitely think beam cannon is far too powerful at higher levels, and stronger players already have it there, because the cost to upgrade 1-8 was less bcoin than it is now.

Do not get me wrong, this post is for the devs to look at the state of the game and see if anyone else has had similar issues to me. I don't care if no-one knows who I am.
Bro come on... adult response. You guys come to the forum and whine and cry like children expecting other posters to coddle you and tell you its going to be alright. Welcome to the real world. Your mommy isn't here to tell you to lower your rep and attack lower lvl targets and to stick around.

Seriously you say "waaaaah games too hard bullies are picking on me waaaaah im gonna quit and not play anymore wahhhh" really sick of these "kids" crying about shit. Post seriously, say hey "im having trouble with my network, these are my following problems does anyone have any suggestions?"

The games fine, again im 35 and my prime targets are 48+. I love hacking people 20+ lvls on me. Also the main people that target my base and actually get through at not the 40's and 50's you cry about. Its the people -10 lvls lower than me.

The devs are not going to adjust the entire game because one person is struggling. Im certainly not and I know many others in my range that are just doing just great. Learn to play, read the forums, adjust, and act accordingly. So far I have yet to see one balance change that needs immediate fix. Besides what trickster already address and fixed with the search function. With people showing up that were already online and unable to hack. This game great.

Crying like a little kid dose not work in real life bro, people will call you out on your shit. Grow up & telll your mum I said hi