Questions about code gate.

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Xlaus

Questions about code gate.

Post by Xlaus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:40 am

Hello everyone...recently I attacked a Base with a code gate and a black ice and sentry behind it...having underestimated it's power I decided to attack it (I have no battering rams) I used all that I had and to my surprise I didn't even managed to get anywhere close to capturing it...Can someone please help me do such a strong layout for my Base? I am core 3 and I have all the required buildings...Pleaseeeeeeeeeee help meeeeee

Luminaar

Re: Questions about code gate.

Post by Luminaar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Xlaus wrote:Hello everyone...recently I attacked a Base with a code gate and a black ice and sentry behind it...Can someone please help me do such a strong layout for my Base? I am core 3 and I have all the required buildings...Pleaseeeeeeeeeee help meeeeee
Hello! Code Gates become available at Core level 4 - nearly there! When attacking prior to having the Battering Ram, Blasters can be used to take down a lower level Code Gate. They do a decent amount of damage and stun the Gate so an installed antivirus does less damage.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Barons

Post by Barons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:30 pm

3 beam cannons will also work if you don't have blasters yet, however they are really slow and sometimes too slow depending on the level of your beams and the code gate.

I'd suggest spending more time searching for the right target. Ones that have a lot of the loot that you want with poorly designed networks are plentiful if you look for a bit.

As your fixing up your own network this post is super helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=366

SniperK

Post by SniperK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Two code gates together within the range of scanner, followed by a choke point, thats what I did for now.
:shock: Sorry if I've hacked you :shock: Wait no I'm not sorry at all 8-) You can hack me back

Xlaus

Post by Xlaus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 am

I just checked I am actually core 4 can someone kind please show me a Base layout with the core gates? Thanks alot :)

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:58 am

Xlaus wrote:I just checked I am actually core 4 can someone kind please show me a Base layout with the core gates? Thanks alot :)
ideas here
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Xlaus

Post by Xlaus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:43 am

What's C4 rep? During that part I can see 2 code gates and I don't have that

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Post by Fluffington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:47 am

Xlaus wrote:What's C4 rep? During that part I can see 2 code gates and I don't have that
My bad, I'll fix it up later, just use one code gate instead of two
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)